main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Always good to see a fellow KOTOR fan. :)

I still need to get through the Revan novel. Got it ages ago, started it, then kind of couldn't face reading it due to all the negative comments I've seen. Revan and Bastila are some of my favourite EU characters and I don't want to see them messed up just because they somehow need to fit to an MMO continuity or whatever. :p
    ^^ yup, that'd be one of the reasons. ;)

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Don't listen to the haters, the book is great!

Ambervikings91 likes this.
  3. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    But treats Revan and the Exile horridly.

Ryus likes this.
  4. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012

you rock

Darkslayer likes this.
  5. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Maybe the book itself is well written, I didn't bother reading the whole thing.

But how anyone could like what it does to the KOTOR cast is beyond me.

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I made it to Tatooine!

It's as boring as Luke said, can't wait to move onto Alderaan. :p

7. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    I didn't mind Tatooine all that much. Can't really remember it much on my Consular but I had some fun with it on ky Imperial Agent. But, really, everything with the Agent is so much more interesting >.>

8. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Oh well, we'll always have the good times from the 2003-graphic Ebon Hawke. ;)

Gaaaawd, can you believe it's been 10 years sicne the first KOTOR?!? :eek: Excellent time for EU, I say.

Ambervikings91 likes this.
  9. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    Exactly my thoughts.

10. JacensGirl

JacensGirl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    I just downloaded SWTOR :D I really like it, although I'm not much of a gamer so I'm really struggling already. I guess the co-ordination must be a practice thing... ? :p

11. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Yay :D I'm a long time PC gamer - not a heavy gamer mind you, but enough to be familiar - so it was pretty easy for me. Most people can beat me at console games, though :p

12. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I would like to think I'm fairly decent at both console and PC. Especially considering I started playing on the PC (Medal of Honor) all the way back in the early 2000's :p

13. JacensGirl

Apr 25, 2003
    I can only play consoles that still let me use the arrow button with at least one hand (PS2 and older, I think). I'm too old school for that double joystick business, like in X-box. When I first played Halo, I was struggling to do anything but run around, with my character staring at the ceiling :( :p

Having similar problems in SWTOR :p I can move around, but it takes me forever to figure out where those darn flesh eaters are attacking me from and finish them before they finish me. When there's more than one, anyway. Sooo I'm on the second mission. [face_blush]

Is it a long game?

14. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I'd say it's a pretty long game, but I like it - always new things to explore.

Out of curiosity, what class are you playing?

(and on that note: *starts up TOR*)

15. JacensGirl

Apr 25, 2003
    Sweet :D Jedi Consulate.. you?

16. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I have a Consular as my second character, my main is a Trooper (and I will not stop saying how much I love her :p)

17. JacensGirl

Apr 25, 2003
    I was wondering how that two character thing worked, actually... you can play them separately, and they'd have separate missions and stuff? Or do you play them simultaneously? :confused:

18. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Separately, I wish you could do them at the same time - sometimes my Consular needs the Trooper's firepower, and other times my Trooper could reeeeeally use the Consular's healing powers :p

And I suppose you haven't gotten a companion yet, those make things even more fun (like my inability to resist clicking the 'flirt' option and then pissing off my companions :p)

JacensGirl likes this.
  19. JacensGirl

Apr 25, 2003
    No, I don't have a companion... is that just another player who plays alongside you? I had an unofficial one at one point, I think... but s/he kept running off and leaving me to be attacked by flesh raiders. Great Jedi. [face_phbbbbt] :p

20. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    No, it's an NPC that helps you - no running off. I never team up with people except for heroic quests... and even then they're idiots, usually. I might go back to the earlier planets and finish the quests I skipped at the time, get more xp, since Tatooine is slightly too hard for me right now... hmm [face_thinking]

21. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    That's my main problem with playing MMO's. The amount of idiots you get paired up with :p

JacensGirl likes this.
  22. Prodigy_Knight

Prodigy_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2013
    Hy,

I'm a fan of the Old Republic, I've played KOTOR2 first, the best gameplay in the series also a great story, then moved on to KOTOR1, got to see what all this fuss about this Revan guy was about and I fell in love with the story, haven't played the MMO nothing personal I just can't find the time nowadays for any MMO.

Actually I just love the whole period of the Old Republic it's still SW but seting it so far from the games they could really create new things and not be afraid of bumping into someone else's work.

23. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I hate the amount of really smart people I get paired up with....hey, wait a min [face_thinking]

24. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
  25. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    Good to know more and more people are starting playing this game!

I'm a Sith Marauder level 20, and a Jedi Knight level 4.

I can't stop playing. :p

Chewbacca89 and JacensGirl like this.