main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit L-Canon -- or, Taking Matters Into Our Own Hands (Final Results Announced)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Mar 6, 2013.

1. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    So why don't more people wear non-organic clothing is cotton is such a dire threat? There are plenty of options even here on earth, especially for females, imagine the variety in the GFFA.

2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Zeltrons have clearly been aware of the cotton threat for centuries, hence their lack of clothing.

Valin__Kenobi and CeiranHarmony like this.
  3. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    And Aayla Secura... aha! That's why she is her probation officer!

Zorrixor likes this.
  4. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Someone must save Luminara from her clothes then... cause she is the most heavily clothed of all Jedi...

and is it a weird trend that, the more clothed Bariss best friend Ahsoka got in the show, the more did she get into trouble? I see a pattern there

5. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    nonorganic clothing? that's like transfering your mind into a droid body... should we dress ourselve in the Shard species turned gemstone-clothes... or metalclothes? we got a living metal species in the EU too!

and no thx, living plastic scared me already in Doc Who enough :p

Edit: People who want to dress in nonorganic clothes should learn that all materials are alive. Sekot proofs celestials aka planets are alive.. well most are in a coma, but still! Next you tell me Vuffi Ra was just a droid.. ha!

PS: If not naked then... Best dress ever still is Luke Skywalker wearing Tauntaun :p

6. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    No. They're just whores.

Arawn_Fenn and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    This is more off-topic than the time I posted Skyrim screenshots in a Traviss thread.

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Well, we're 8-4 for A, and while I'm kinda leaning toward B personally, I don't want this topic to eat itself again, so I'm abstaining and declaring A the winner--no mental sleight of hand, what we saw in TCW was genuinely what was happening. From there, I think we can boil down the options as follows...

A) Barriss is let out on parole, Aayla and/or Zonder are her POs
    B) Barriss defects and joins the Altisians, eventually re-enters combat
    C) One word: Revan

Note that Palpatine maneuvering events to make the Jedi look bad could work with any of these options, really, so I didn't include it as a separate thing.

Personally, I vote C. Not only was the PT council arrogant enough to try it, I can see them calling it a proof-of-concept for Depa (or Anakin, if it became necessary). It's also possible they only removed a couple years rather than her entire personality.

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    I vote B... though it could be combined with A actually if she is pardoned under condition of joining Altis or joins Altis and works with regular Jedi again if she agrees to POs.

10. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
  11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    For the moment, everybody pick one. We can have a third round if there's an outstanding question there.

12. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Are A and C really mutually exclusive? One could argue that Bastila basically served as Revan's parole officer.

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    True. However, in it's very basic form, A implies that there is no Revan mindwipe, Barriss just gets paroled for some reason. But just because I love democracy, I love the republic, and to make it simpler I vote for C. (There is a hint of A implied in there as well) But, yes, I see C.

CooperTFN likes this.
  14. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    This round is about prioritization--if I broke down every discrete sequence of events there'd be a hundred options.

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    C, then.

16. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  17. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    C. If Windu, Kenobi, and Skywalker, three council members, were willing to break Bane's mind to get information about the stolen holocron, then they wouldn't have any problem erasing Barriss' memory (or whatever they would do).

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  18. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    C, since it was my idea...

19. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    C cus **** da police

20. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    You know what? I would normally go with A, but screw it. Let's make things interesting.

C

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    C, indeed. It's the neatest of the options, and they may have been testing it because of plans to wipe Dooku and send him after Sidious... Or Mace argues for it, indeed, for Depa's sake or simply to help out Jedi who snap.

22. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Won't probably garner enough support to be a valid option, but I choose B. You never have too much Altisians.

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Anything but C, which is awful, awful, awful, and debases both the Council and Barriss even more for no good reason. I'll go with A, I guess.

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Been thinking about this more and I can't really see Yoda allowing a mind-wipe. So, I'm changing to A.

25. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I still vote for Undercover op, but of these choices, choice C.