main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Waiting for cooks answer on Fress's question. Is he fit to go or not

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Added a reply Bravo as well as tried to tie in further Falcon's character interrupting ;)

3. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I knew I forgot to add in something. I had this whole how are you feeling and want to talk about it but forgot to write it in.

Maybe we can chalk this up as to still being in shock from her home planet being blown up.

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    CPL, awesome picture for Mac's starfighter in the thread. :)

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Extensively updated the Johnny Boy stats in the Quick Reference. :) I'll look for errors tomorrow. Been working on it most of the day, hope you all enjoy! Let me know what you think...

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Great picture for the commanders' ready room.

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I figured you like that Sith. ;) Anything you see that seems off about the details of the ship? I'm going to work on the Hanger Bay this morning.

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Bardan_Jusik, you have your own security office. Its in the armory. I figure you would like having firepower at your finger tips. ;) I'm going to add in details for it this morning as well.

And then get to tags and homework.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Tags up! :)

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Bardan_Jusik, I'm going to let you design the newly slated armory / security office. Add your character's personality into it. ;)

I think the hanger bay is self-explanatory via the pictures provided of the interior by the website.

I added escape pods and details of the escape pods in special notes.

I also replaced the "Doctor's Office" with a library and did away with the medical briefing room I had originally put in place there.

I also took out the hologram projectors from the regular crew cabins.

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Does Yav get an office as a commander?

Starting to work on Bridge Officer Bob's CS.

12. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I am currently working from my phone. I should be on my computer in a couple of hours and will post my response when I am.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith-I-5 brought to my attention an error of mine with Jim Palso. The Hunk of Junk is directly in front of the bridge, not the hanger bay.

The Ready Room acts as his office (as I see it). Lasso only has a Ready Room as well, which would act as his office as well. If you want too add things to your ready room, just let me know, so I can them to the Quick Reference.

Okay everyone, I know I've said this a thousand times over, but we're almost done with Intervention. I'm hoping we'll have it all wrapped up by June 11, 2013, our 4 year anniversary. [face_party]With now over 35 players total and almost 4 years, I think we've done good for ourselves. We've laid a very solid foundation for the future and, with greyjedi125, Mitth_Fisto, Sith-I-5, Coffee_Ninja, and CPL_Macja, I think I've become somewhat of a good Game Master over 4 years. I've learned a lot, am beyond super excited to start Intervention: Echoes in Eternity, and with all the research I've been doing to expand our next game with depth and detail, I almost feel like starting the next game today. But, Intervention must be given its proper end, even if I wasn't able to fully end the game that I wanted with some of the storylines I had to drop over the last year. With all of that said, as soon as we gather our crews from Bespin and Smuggler's Run respectfully, I would like everyone back in the Kingdom of Jod for the final mission briefing and then following battle. What will Intervention: Echoes in Eternity look like for those of us ending Intervention...

0 BBY
    • Destruction of Alderaan
    • Bespin crew round-up / current escape
    • Smuggler's Run crew round-up (JediFalcon, Mitth_Fisto, Coffee_Ninja, Barden_Jusik)
    • Emperor Palpatine arrives at Project Zero (being typed up now)
    • Destruction of Death Star (coming up soon)
    • Project Zero Battle (final battle)
    1-3 months ABY (After Battle of Yavin)

• Intervention Stories (SURPRISE!:cool: This is a short game, bridging Intervention and Echos in Eternity; its a character development game, allowing players to tie up storylines and loose ends that they weren't able to tie up with the conclusion of Intervention and also prepare their characters and storyline for Echos in Eternity. I have a feeling Sith-I-5, myself, and others will take full advantage of this short game to flush out storylines, characters, etc. This game replaces your epilogues, in the fact, that you can now role play them out, etc. This game will be short; I hope we all use it well. :) If you don't think this is a good idea, please let me know ASAP, before I launch the game, so I can make changes accordingly.
    3-6 months ABY
    • The Mercs "main characters" reunite off screen
    6 months ABY
    • Evacuation of Yavin 4 and start of Intervention: Echoes in Eternity

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    That wasn't an error.

Think of a two storey house. Cargo bay is ground floor, bridge is next level up. JB shines a light on both levels at the same time.
    The mistake was having the cargo bay open.

Oh, in my interpretation of the Bantha, I don't know what that smaller higher pod is; the command deck is the main body of the ship, behind that wide wraparound window port.

15. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    According to the way I understand the Wookieepedia entry for the Bantha-class the pod on top is the command module. The three openings in the picture are hatches to the cargo bay. Meanwhile the thing sticking out from its underside is its single landing strut.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I can use the bridging game to sort the Flitter situation, which will help cement SGIS and Rebel Alliance as allies, but limiting it to "character development" is a turn-off.

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Three openings?

The picture looks like there is a transparisteel fronted pod, and a wide transparisteel set of windows in the main body with silhouettes behind it, which I took to be the command deck, with the crew working the bridge....okay well frag it, the SGIS-built Bantha-class that has turned up is designed differently to what I now see the picture says.

If possible, assume the main body is composed of two levels, a main command deck fronted by a wraparound transparisteel window, with smaller rooms aft, and directly beneath, a cargo bay which Mac's ship is currently inside.

Edit: Okay, I have had to jury-rig a pic for the Bantha-s-class assault shuttle, now featuring the cargo bay.

[​IMG]

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, Sith, edited it out restricting it to Character Development. So its bars hold none, free to do what you need to do (and that goes for everyone too).

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'm working on the intro video to Intervention Stories tonight.

So, when you spit up your drink when watching something, you know its funny! [face_rofl]

20. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    Hey when are you going to be ready for me to join up with Maya just been waiting and reading. I"m ready when every you are.

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

We're still stuck on Actualize station because I delayed the mission to going to smugglers run because Fress and Kasumi are from Alderaan and the mission started ten minutes after the planet blows up.

Patience :) We'll get there. I may just push whole thing a head soon as everyone has a chance to finish their side stories.

Whitelight likes this.
  22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Whitelight, why not set yourself up on Smugglers Run before we get there; have a drink in one of the bars; grab a bucket of soapy water and a washcloth and give this freighter of yours that you adore so much an early birthday.

You know what, my entire time here at the RPF, never seen anyone wash their starship.

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    [face_rofl] Very, very true.

KraytDragon90 and GenOochy, we are in a holding pattern over Bespin. We want to give our Smuggler's Run folks a chance to catch up. So, I'm going to fill in the time with some ISB back story for the second game (so don't get too bored with the character dialog as I flush the back story out over Bespin). Bardan_Jusik might be throwing something together over Bespin with some enemy NPCs as a time passer, but I don't know yet.

With that said, Coffee and I will both be gone this weekend (April 19th to April 21st). Its our two year dating anniversary and we're celebrating it at StarFest 2013 (as we did last year too). One of use should have our laptops on us for the weekend to check the boards, but I don't know if we're going to be able to post anything. As usual, Sith-I-5 is in charge and has the same authority as me, so, if he says it, you can safely assume its coming from me. Please respect him. And Mitth_Fisto is backing him up on the staff side of things.

Whitelight likes this.
  24. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    Sounds good, just tag us in and we'll play along. It will be good for us to get into the dialogue and development. I think we've settled the fact we can space bandits. =P

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay-dokey, so players, if you need me to interact with you during the holding pattern, or over the weekend, let me know.

Bravo, Coffee, you know your circumstances better than me, but laptops are notoriously nickable; I'd recommend leaving them at home, and taking your smartphones with you to check the Boards, since you have demonstrated an ability to post using one