main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Crossing Enemy Lines-- AU. (L/M, etc) Complete: 01/16/16.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 31, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= on the post and Tuesday will be perfect! timing ... my post should be quite ready ;) :D ~~ I love Luke's thoughts as he's going through this entire process for his mission. He is definitely competent and confident.

2. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    I have to say I like the changes we've made to the story so far.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Han Solo had just gotten rid of one of Jabba's hired thugs. Greedo didn't scare him a bit. Han could mop up the floor with him and his ilk before breakfast on an off-day. But Jabba was itching to get his creds back and the interst was piling up.

So, when Chewie came over with a striking young woman and an older gentleman (who incidentally could take care of himself in a barfight, apparently), Han had a feeling that the evening was just about to get more interesting.

"We need a fast ship to Alderaan." The gentleman said after the introductions.

Han went into his typical spiel, although it was all true, about the Millennium Falcon; it wasn't much to look at, but it could tear up the hyperspace lanes in no time flat, if the hyperdrive didn't go out. [face_shhh]

Mara Jade rolled those lovely emerald eyes, as if to say: Who are you trying to impress?

They dickered about the price; Kenobi was willing to pay a lot, which tempted Han to up the fare, but he decided not to press it. He grinned inwardly. This would net him a fine profit, and get Jabba off his afterburners.

He told them which docking bay to meet him at, and they left the cantina.

Hmmmph! Storm troopers in the space port. What in the nine Correllian hells was going on? Han wondered. He hoped that his passengers weren't going to turn out to be more trouble than the money was worth.

But he and Chewie blasted them out of there with impressive speed and evasive maneuvers. Han was using one of the half-dozen masked ship IDs. His ship was running as the Corusca Gem.

When they reached the vicinity of Alderaan, Mara and Kenobi felt a surge through the Force. It was as if a myriad voices had cried out, and lights had gone out.

And what was this?! An asteroid field?! Unless the navcomp had gone on the fritz, and they were way off course, no it was working fine.

"There isn't an asteroid field in this system." Han mused aloud.

Kenobi's eyes were tight with anguished knowing. "That's what's left of Alderaan." He whispered.

"What?" Han exclaimed in utter shock. "What could do that to a world?"

Chewie indicated out the viewscreen.

A large moon-sized object floated in the near distance.

"That can't be a moon, can it?" Mara asked, in disbelief.

"No, it's a space station," Han answered. "But how did it get here?"

Kenobi frowned. "I have no idea, but I believe that is the origin of this devastation we're seeing."

The interference cleared from the sensors, and Han swore. Now that the readings were coming across more clearly, he could detect an Imperial Star Destroyer on the far side of the space station. Could this day get any worse?

Kenobi gasped. Even in the back of beyond, the markings were unmistakable: the Executor Vader's flagship!!!

***~~~~

Leia was totally devastated! She should have known Tarkin would be a skulking slime devil without an iota of honor. She'd given a decoy name for the Rebel base, and he'd blasted her world to smitherenes anyway!

Suddenly, her cell door burst open. A stormtrooper, apparently, was framed in it, but his demeanor was decidedly non-Imperial as was confirmed by the words he spoke:

"Leia, we got your message. I'm with Obi-Wan Kenobi. The ship and its Captain may not look like much, but he's very quick on the blaster; and his ship is fast, too."

Leia frowned. The voice was definitely a woman's.

"Who are you?" Leia asked in a hushed whisper.

"I'm Mara." Her visitor answered. "Come this way.

A few harried moments later, they had to make an escape down into, and then out of, a garbage chute. They met up at a very disreputable looking freighter not long afterwards.

Han Solo, the ship's captain, was indeed handy with a blaster, and (Leia had to admit) not unpleasant to look at, either.

Han gave Leia an admiring glance or two, as she fired a commandeered weapon at the stormtroopers who had pursued them down one of the stations's corridors.

"Where's Obi-Wan? We have to get out of here."

R2, who had been plugged into a wall jack, warbled as he brought up a display. It was a distinctly mournful sound.

They rushed over to look.

"Oh!" Mara gasped, as she felt something vanquished through the Force.

On the screen, they could see as Vader and Obi-Wan were engaged in a fierce duel of bright weapons.

Then Obi-Wan fell, and his body vanished.

"He volunteered to take out the shield and sensor array." Mara explained.

"That's our cue to get the blazes out of here!" Han exclaimed.

Leia and Mara made good their escape up the landing ramp, and the Falcon's engines, which had been on standby, revved up, and they blasted away.

They had to dodge and vaporize a few TIEs, but Mara and Han were able to make short work of the squadron.

Mara and Leia talked about the Rebel cause.

"Living so far from the Core Worlds," Mara commented, "The oppressiveness of the Empire was always a bit abstract to me, but I never thought it was a just or fair way to govern. My family suffered because of it, but it all happened before I could really form coherent memories. So, I guess you could say I'm a victim of the Empire's tyranny too."

"Overthrowing it is something we all must participate in; it's for the welfare of all worlds that we do. And I'm even more determined to defeat them!"

"I can believe it." Mara answered, her eyes sympathetic.

Her stomach still churned at the calamitous recent events.

Han broke into their conversation.

"Where to, now?" Han asked, wondering where his pay was going to come from, although that made him seem a callous scoundrel ... he had to think pragmatically.

"We need to get these droids and the important data stored in the R2 to Yavin 4." Leia answered.

"What kind of data?" Han asked.

Leia sighed. There was no harm, she guessed, in revealing something of what was so crucial; Han had saved her and the important files, after all.

"The Death Star schematics. The Rebel Alliance will be grateful for your help, Captain," She added as if reading his silent musings, "You'll be paid handsomely."

Han grinned. That was more like it!

+++++
    TBC...

Jedi_Lover

SHADOW_MASTER_W

lys_chan_83 likes this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    If that was Mara in Stormtrooper armor then she definitely was too short to be a stormtrooper. Nice update.

5. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Could this day get any worse?---Han, Han, Han. Never ask that; it can always get worse!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    Very very nice.

Han seems much more polite then before...

Perhaps the presence of two beautiful women has him slightly flustered? ;)

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    No shortcut through the trash compactor? That's good!

So, when will Luke meet the girls?

8. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I Gotta.agree with that lol

Oh and I'm not sure.if.anyone missed it but there is a post before jade eyes one

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL -- I believe he should meet up with them in the next post. :)

10. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    It should be that away yes. In the middle of writing the next part. Luke just needs to get from point a to b

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

11. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Put me on the tag list please :D

more looks hopeful [face_batting]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Emerald: Finally Friday! Here's the next post. I want to say thanks so much for reading, and I'm so happy you're enjoying this fic. Jade_eyes and I are very excited for it.

Tags: Jedi_Lover, SHADOW_MASTER_W, JediFalcon

Luke sat in an entirely different shuttle, this one not as spacious as the one he’d ridden before. He was seated in the passenger area with Lt. Daeson sitting across from him. He had his fist propped against this cheek as he attempted to pay attention. He was half-listening to what the Daeson was saying,

“As soon as we arrive at the base, we will give you an assessment.” He explained.

“An assessment.” Luke echoed, his attention at full.

“Yes, it required that all recruits have an assessment before placement.” He looked at his dossier. “You’ve applied to be a pilot.”

“That’s right.” He smiled slightly. “But I’m not bad as an engineer either.”

“Really?”Daeson looked mildly interested.

Only mildly though.

That was okay, because Luke was only mildly interested by what he had to say.

Daeson remained silent for the rest of the trip, seeing as his new recruit didn’t seem to want to talk much.

Again this was fine with Luke.

After this retrieval and drop off, he probably wouldn’t see Daeson very often. Luke had the feeling his specialty did not include avionics and he would possibly be passed off to some other senior officer where his skills would be assessed.

That would prove to be very interesting.
    .​

They arrived in orbit three standard hours later above the fourth moon of Yavin which held the Alliance’s secret base. Luke disembarked from the shuttle and stepped into the cavernous hanger. He examined it carefully. It wasn’t much to look at but it did suit the needs relatively well he supposed.

“Impressive isn’t it. This base use to be an old temple from the Masssasi people.”

“The Massassi.” Luke muttered. “Those are an ancient subspecies of the Sith, aren’t they?”

Daeson looked at him, slightly stunned. Obviously he had expected this new recruit to gush over the size of the base, not its original keepers.

“That’s correct.” Daeson mumbled, looking impressed. “How did you…”

So the man thought he was a hick did he?

“Know that?” Luke gave a disarming smile. “I use to study up on other races in between doing my pilot training. I find other beings rather fascinating. Where I grew up, things were a bit dull, so I was always inventing new ways to keep myself from becoming bored.”

“Ah.” The man looked away as if unnerved by the youth’s leering smile. “Well, come now, can’t be late to your asse-“ Daeson’s speech petered off and Luke peered interestedly around him. “Your Highness, what a pleasant surprise.”

A brunette haired woman stood dressed in an entirely white outfit, her hair in buns on the side of her head. But it wasn’t this woman who held his attention; it was the one behind her.

He would have had to have been blind not to have noticed her.
    .​
    .​
    If I have this correct..we should be finishing up chapter 1 soon. The part to be posted on Sunday, will be our first total collaborative one.​

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    And Luke ain't blind. Hmmm....interesting.[face_thinking]

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I bet Luke is thinking that this moon is far more interesting than he anticipated. ;)

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    For some reason when I read your comment I thought, "That's no moon...it's a sexy hot redhead!"
    :p

16. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    I still think of Spaceballs when I picture Leia with her hair buns.

To be fair, Luke there probably aren't more than 1 in 1000 people who know who the Massassi are, so you'll have to forgive Lt Daeson for not thinking you knew.

Nice update!

17. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    Luke better be careful or Jade might make him blind...... :D

18. Tribaldancer

Tribaldancer Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2012
    hehehe...can't wait!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Authorly Note: Emerald & I combined for this post. :) She did the part with the pilots. ;)
    She also helped a great deal with the flow and dialogue. @};-

Tags for:

Jedi_Lover JediFalcon SHADOW_MASTER_W

_______

She was a striking red-head with delicate skin tone and startling emerald eyes. He might have thought her just another recruit or even a technician, except for the fact that she seemed to give off a certain aura; one of vivaciousness and acute tenacity. That, and the fact she was gauging him just as much as he was looking at her.

He gave her his best sincere smile.

“Skywalker.” Daeson barked, bringing Luke back to the present. “I’m sorry, Your Highness.”

“Quite allright, Lieutenant.”

“Ma’am.” He bobbed his head. “Skywalker, may I introduce you to Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan. Princess, this is our newest recruit.” He clapped a hand on Luke’s shoulder. “Luke Skywalker. He’s going to hopefully be in our pilot’s division.”

Luke averted his eyes, refocusing on Leia Organa. So this was the princess of Alderaan. He dipped his head in suitable deference.

“Your Highness, it’s-ahem-a pleasure to meet you.”

Leia gave her most courteous smile, one she had practiced and mastered growing up in the Alderaanian culture and then as a senator. She kept her true thoughts and opinions behind that cool display of proper decorum, but this time, she was sincere.

Leia could tell, somehow, that Luke Skywalker was trying to impress ... or give a particular impression. She frowned, trying to puzzle it out.

“I’m sure you’ll prove yourself to be of use.” She commented.

“I sincerely hope so.” Luke refocused his attention on the red-head. “Now, I don’t believe I caught your name.”

"Mara Jade, and I hope you know what you've signed up for." She smirked. He looked like he'd just arrived from the far back-of-beyond, even farther away and more backward than Tatooine.

When Luke had arrived with Daeson, Mara had noticed him instantly. He seemed a bit too ... confident for a new recruit, like he was patronizing Daeson for one thing.

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't. I've seen what the war is like. I I just want to do my part. Also, I needed a change of pace ... maybe with a little bit of excitement added to the mix."

Luke gave Mara a smile that she thought must have worked ... or that he hoped worked ... on the easily swayed girls back home.

It wasn't working on her, Mara thought. Although she'd be less than honest if she didn't admit his were the bluest eyes she'd ever seen, and that cleft in his chin, and the way his broad shoulders ...

Pushing those thoughts aside, she gave an almost mocking smile.

"Well, I think this will be more than a regular change of pace, if what I've just gone through is anything. It’s no switching your sweeteners just for kicks." Mara answered, stepping a bit closer to Luke.

Luke gave Mara a wide-eyed look, as if surprised by the witty comeback. This lady spoke her mind, without hesitation. He found he liked it.

However, before he could quite summon up a suitable reply, Leia joined them.

"Mara, would you like to take a seat over there for a moment or two? I'd like to talk about whatever skills you have that might help us or anyone you'd like us to contact for you? I'm sorry there hasn't been time to ask that before now."

Mara nodded. "Sure." She went to a row of seats across the reception lounge.

Luke watched Mara go. He couldn't seem to take his eyes off of her.

Leia smiled at Luke's obvious fascination.
    "Another batch of pilots just arrived. Let me introduce you, since you'll be working together?"

Luke was introduced to the three pilots, Wedge Antilles, Derek 'Hobbie' Klivian and Wes Janson. The princess had found it necessary for him to meet his future potential squadron mates. Of course, Luke didn't have any doubt that he would soon be joining their ranks, so this was merely a preliminary in his mind.

"..he'll be flying with you." Leia introduced. "So make him feel welcome."

"So, where do you come from, Luke?" Klivian inquired.

"Here and there." He answered glibly. "I moved around a lot."'

"Any particular here and there?" Janson asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Nowhere special really. I don't really have a homeworld.” He couldn’t help but feel a twinge as he acknowledged this. He quickly brushed it aside.
    He didn’t need a homeworld, he had his career.

“Well, that’s all in the past now isn’t it?” Wedge said, clapping a hand on his shoulder. “Let’s make the best out of now. I have a feeling you are going to fit right in, my friend.”

Luke surreptitiously looked to where Mara was talking with the other techs.
    “I think I will.” He agreed

End Chapter 1

++++++ :)

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Luke shoots....ohhhhh...he doesn't score! Shot down by Mara! [face_laugh] Nice update!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hehehe!! Yeah, Luke is going to have to try harder. ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    How could I miss it! Cool!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  23. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    *jumps for joy* I am having so much fun writing this and its turning out SO well. Let me just say, I loved writing Luke first meeting Mara (my version of him anyway mwahah).

Jade_eyes likes this.
  24. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh! Emerald just tipped me off to this! I had my head too buried in finals to notice it! Great plot. Please tag me when you update!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Well, that was fast. Then again its a quick read.