main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yes she is, and likewise for many fans in general. #AhsokaLives

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Or something.

One of my kids doesn't hate her but he doesn't "love" her either. The other one hates TCW, period.

3. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    You should be proud of your kid who hates TCW.

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    You should be proud of your kids no matter what, as long as they're not breaking the law, and have ambitions. ;)

5. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Yes, indeed.

Darth_Quintonis and 07jonesj like this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I just thought that sign was funny. Maybe some kids do like her, but my son is similar to yours. He loves SW, but he doesn't really care that much about TCW. We watch the TCW movie on DVD or an episode of the show here and there sometimes online, but he'd prefer to watch the regular SW movies. I don't think he dislikes her, but he doesn't really like her either; I think he's kind of indifferent since she's not in the movies.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My son who hates TCW will just ask his older brother and me, "Are you watching that again?" and then go back to his Minecraft game.

GGrievous likes this.
  8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    You should be proud of your son. :p

9. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    My son was the one who convinced me to watch TCW. He liked the SW movies (well, those I allowed him to watch), he loved CW, but he's a rabid fan of TCW. He has Ahsoka bedclothes and tends to play each Lego TCW level as Ahsoka in free play - so yes, he's one of the kids who loves her. His girlfriend (who's into TCW as well) even has an Ahsoka costume while he's got the standard Rex one :p.

10. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Truly wonderful the mind of a child is.

11. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    Score! A different location had a few of TCW plates, cups and water bottles and such left. :)

Sgt Crowfield, Watto and Seerow like this.
  12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yes, I saw a whole "end cap" at Target with these. Strange that they have these brand new designs that they are promoting... And the show has been killed. I'm guessing the merchandisers besides Hasbro were also in the dark.

rumblewagon and Darth_Quintonis like this.
  13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    My little niece loves Ahsoka. Its all she cares about in the show.

Yeah, one of my pics has Ahsoka on the banner. I guess as long has the blu-ray sets are in production we'll see TCW on the aisle signs. TCW my have been killed. But its still one of my best animated shows to come out in recent memory. What other show has interviews on just about on the websites or in about all the magazines that usually wouldn't give a few words to any show on Cartoon Network.

14. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    As well as Disney being in the dark at how well received TCW is/was amongst fans. Now they are trying to improve their image by announcing a Star Wars movie every summer from 2015 on.

15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    It's amazing in some ways that we are getting all these new Star Wars movies when as of last year we never thought we'd see a single one ever again. Last year I was blown away by that...

Now, I'm fearful that these new movies will all be boring, average popcorn films without that serialized storytelling and character development we saw on the Clone Wars. I've enjoyed the Marvel films but they've all been playing it safe for sure. The "spinoffs" could just be one-off movies without any connection that kinda exploit the generic Star Wars tropes or even just action movie tropes. If they're cranking out a movie per year it sounds more like a "movie factory" approach, rather than the epic myth-building GL would do which would be planned years in advance-- even Clone Wars episodes were planned 2 years ahead of time!

Hopefully my negative outlook is not what will happen... it's just hard to be positive when they went and cancelled this show out of the blue without warning and without a conclusion. To get back to the purpose of this thread, I'm still planning on staying active with #SaveTheCloneWars both online and letter writing. Whatever episodes we can get related to the show will be what I will continue to push for. Push for the Season 6 stuff, then after we get that, I'll push for finishing the remaining storylines.

16. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Character development in TCW?[face_laugh]

17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    For those who enjoy these, a fan created another cool video based on clips from the series, this one is based on the Clones and set to Swedish Metal band Hammerfall [face_devil] :

This user also made one related to Ahsoka's departure:

I haven't watched a lot of these in the past, but i think the ones i've seen lately have been especially epic and poignant with the show ending.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Very cool tributes. I need to get off my duff and make one.

Watto likes this.
  19. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Seeing the first video made me realize that Gregor may well be a (minor) dangling plot thread. I mean, Filoni insisted that he could still be alive, right? When I first saw it, I thought that explosion left little room for interpretation, but...

I guess we can just call Gregor "Schrödinger's commando", since he seems to be permanently (at least for now) trapped in a state between life and death. Is he alive or is he dead? Who the hell knows? [face_dunno]

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I will Gregor to be alive and to one day return. I would actually be cool with given Gascon and Wac brief screentime for the reunion. Would be funny if Gregor ended up with amnesia again fright back working for Borkus. Poor dude...

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Exactly. When Dave said that he survived way back in January, I thought they'd cook something up down the line. But there are so many actual story threads and main characters that they are COMPLETELY dropping with the Disney cancellation, I have no hope for Gregor. He is trapped in time.

On the other hand #SAVETHECLONEWARS !! :)

22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    This is slightly off topic but definitely related considering it's connection to Disney... I was reading a report on the new "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" film that Marvel is filming now, and they interviewed Haley Atwell who played Peggy Carter in the first movie. Well apparently there was an online campaign to see her in the second film (despite the different era), and she confirms that she has some kind of role in the 2nd, but also that there may be a side project with her since FANS ASKED FOR IT:

Atwell: "There's been an online campaign for Peggy to be featured. People really liked her. So Marvel have made sure that as part of ComicCon there will be a little kind of snapshot as to what Peggy's actually really capable of, which was finished here and which was great fun. Hopefully, it will lead to other things."​

Of course I'm referencing our #SaveTheCloneWars campaign, but since Disney not only owns Marvel but also Lucasfilm, could they also be listening to our campaign? Is there a ray of hope here? Or are Lucasfilm and Marvel operating in different capacities and you can't compare the two?

Wouldn't it be great if at San Diego ComicCon they treated us with an announcement, preview and details on the many more Clone Wars episodes to come?

23. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
  24. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think Disney may be very well aware that what they've decided to do has not sat well with fans. The fact that they intend to release new Star Wars movie year fro 2015 kinda points to that being damage control... They are trying to get us excited about the future... Honestly as long as we get new TCW I'll be happy.

25. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I don't see them doing anymore clone wars. This , man its hard for me accept since this show was doing good. How can you cancel something good. I'm also Not too thrilled of a movie a year campaign it reeks of exploitations and possible suckiness and we don't know if episode 7 will be that good anyway. The Hobbit made over a billion already, in that movie you have Peter Jackson, the man behind the Lord of the Rings. Him being involved spelled consistency and a passionate love for the material. JJ Abrahms on the other hand hasn't had any movies that have come close to the billion dollar marker and heck it didnt even come close to even 500 million. No matter what the trailers have shown on the second movie, it definitely not be reaching a billion dollars and it will be lucky if it gets close to 500 million. GL's involvment in Episode 7 crafting the story is also a problem, if the movie sucks, we blame him and his story, if its good its Abrahams that gets the credit. Which in the end is all Baloney.

Yeah some of you are thinking, vong star trek is not star wars. Star Wars will definitely do better. Which is true, but don't forget that for many people they still remember the prequels and not many of the them have positive things to say. In fact, TPM is the only movie out of the 15 that have crosses the billion dollar marker unadjusted that plainly sucks. It made most of its money based on anticipation. By the time the second came out people became a lot wiser. The third one, while being the best, suffered. That movie should have gone over the billion dollar marker and didn't in fact it couldn't cross the 400 million dollar marker here in the North American box office. You couple that with the prequel trilogy being the first to not win anything (awards) makes it more the obvious.

Episode 7 will be approached with caution by the fans and most likely by Disney.

Then we also might have Kenndy leave Lucasfilm to run Disney. Good thing? Well, that means that the company will be without a boss. More instability which is never a good thing. Disney may have her, but she's got to be responsible for everything else and she can't just focus on star wars. So whom ever takes over will be a lackey or a stooge. A long time ago, I learned that stability is the key to success. You look at sports, in life, family, career, everything. Stability and consistency brings succes. Too many changes, movements, lack of tenure, is usally the opposite.

I know that this is not positive stuff, but if any of you have positive news or outlook, please enlighten me. Cause I can't see the end of the rainbow with the leprachaun with a pot of gold, cause I can't see damn rainbow. Its all looking bad, and we still haven't had any news on the publishing side of things. The Dark Horse license is still up in the air. The most stable license in the entire franchise.

So there you have it.

VanishingReality likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.