main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Biggest Peeve of TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garrett Atkins, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Much as I hate to justify TCW's failure to show more of Grievous' victories against the Republic, he could be riding high off the credibility gained from personally kidnapping Palpatine and eliminating his Jedi protectors. The subsequent rescue would be easy enough to pin on the now-dead Dooku, and it's not like there would be anyone around to contradict him.

GGrievous likes this.
  2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    One pet peeve that's developed for me recently is how everyone and their brother (haha...) seems to dual-wield now. At first it was just Ventress and Grievious, then Fisto did it with Nadhar's lightsaber, then Savage and his saberstaff showed up, followed by Ahsoka and her random new shoto, then Krell went all-out with two saberstaffs, then Obi-Wan whippd out Gallia's lightsaber when cornered, then Maul took the Darksaber, followed by Sidious and his two movie lightsabers, then saberstaff-wielding Temple Guards appeared, then Barriss took Ventress' lightsabers, and finally Anakin took Barriss' lightsaber. Remember the days when using two lightsaber blades at once used to be a novelty?

3. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2013
    My biggest peeve is that the show was binned without thought and my wee lad was heartbroken!!

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That's more than a pet peeve to me. Just makes me really angry. My sympathies for the lad. This show was my escape from the battles the rage inside me so I miss it. There may be a little light at the end of the tunnel but its very faint.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Jedi Crash. Hyperspace jump from deep inside the atmosphere.

:mad:

Where the blazes is that supposed to fit in with the established canonical structure of what you can and can't do with hyperdrives? Did all that stuff about interdictor ships, gravity well generators, mass-shadows et al, got retconned by this episode? IF TCW is G-Canon it sure seems like it.

6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    mine are Anakin having a padawan, Maul returning, Mortis, and the fact that all of these events are supposed to take place in the 3 year gap between AotC and RotS.

For clarification, I like Ashoka - she should have been Kenobi's padawan after Anakin was knighted.

AvadaKenobi likes this.
  7. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    My biggest problem with the show was the portrayal of Grievous and the lack of Dooku centered episodes. We did get some, but I love the Dooku character so I always wanted more!

8. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Yeah but that woulda got her sixty-sixed.

9. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    How so? She wasn't in RotS so she still would've left the order just like she did now. No need to be sixty-sixed.

10. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    I love the show - my pet peeve is the fact that the episodes are out of narrative order.

11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I cannot stand the fact that they are out of order. Peeve #2.

THIS! Now everybody is a sabre Master!! Meh. Peeve #1B.

* See sig for 1A.

12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    My biggest peeve about TCW is the constant complaining about TCW. ;)

DarthKreVass, Seerow, COMPNOR and 4 others like this.
  13. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    My only minor peeve with TCW is this Padme woman. Just can't stand her. But I was not too fond of her in the movies or in CW, either, so it's not a TCW-specific peeve. My biggest peeve is that those Disney 'people' canned it. If sonny and mom Crowfield had their way, TCW would run for 100 seasons (and more).

VanishingReality likes this.
  14. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Hey it works for Tarantino.

Man, a Tarantino directed TCW arc would be a hoot. Everyone's character traits would be twisted about ludicrously. Yoda would turn to the dark side, Mace would be an actual pimp or at least some kinda mob boss... Dooku would take up collections for orphans or something, helping poor people out in one area to curry loyalty while still being evil like a Mexican cartel lord. Anakin would be worse than Vader ever was and just choke his enemies out of hand, all the time. Ahsoka would casually order a BDZ on an inhabited world while laughing like a schoolgirl. Grievous would have all kinds of pimped out technology added to his body. Tractor beam emitters, (now he can ape the force), missile launchers, helicopter blades, stupid stuff. There would be at least one torture scene per episode, and it wouldn't just be electric torture. People taking drugs would appear repeatedly, among both good guys and bad guys.

15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Your post has made me wonder if Filoni was trying to channel his inner Tarantino the whole time.;)

Seerow likes this.
  16. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    For some reason, Filoni has always reminded me of Tarantino. So maybe FIloni is an altered clone! :eek:

Seerow and SithStarSlayer like this.
  17. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Filoni is absolutely by no means a Tarantino.

Thanks for the laugh. ;)

kubricklynch likes this.
  18. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Fanboy who has too much control over his computer would be a better description.

19. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    The only peeve of TCW to me is that Disney cancelled it.

Fortunately he's not, if he was I wouldn't like TCW as I don't like at all Tarantino.

20. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Episodes out of order, and "this happened between episodes so no need to explain" stuff. Maybe my biggest peeve is how much time they wasted. Over 100 episodes. They could've done so much more with the time they had.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    How does one like TCW over Tarantino? :p

22. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    easily Darth Maul returning.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

24. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    The cancelation of the show unfinished.

Seerow and SithStarSlayer like this.
  25. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Pulp fiction, indeed. Infinities started it all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.