main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I'll go for the Kashyyyk Rangers if that's all right

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Done. If I don't get a tenth team from Trieste or CPL_Macja before I'm ready to start things up, I'll create an NPC team affiliated with the Patriots to give me an even number of teams.

3. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Number ten will not be coming from me. Setarcos's dealings with Balmorra have left a bad taste in his mouth when it comes to lower level teams. Also the Blasters consider themselves a stand alone professional squad and are happy to see the D-League teams leave the PLL, they hope that with this move the GCLA squads will come back into the fold and they all can give the ELL a run for their credits.

4. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Fair enough.

5. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Bakura won't be entering into any agreements for a D-League team either because of Cundertol's player development philosophy (which is that putting all your talent on one team causes it to think only one way, whereas spreading them out across multiple teams provides a diversity of ideas). If you need a tenth team to round out, you could throw in an NPC team for Chandrila. Perhaps the Brentaal Space Slugs? I just made that up right now, by the way. ;)

6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    An NPC team for Chandrila was exactly my backup plan. I'll probably pick an existing PLL team for them. It'll be announced with the league itself within the next day or two.

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That works well.

Also, I'd just like to call everyone's attention (hence the tags) to a post that I only just saw today, which is some moderator guidance regarding the purpose of OOC threads. I recommend you take a moment to review it just so you know what the mods are expecting. We have some good conversation related to the game here and I'd like to see that continue. If there's one thing that I think we might be guilty of here is that sometimes we get off on tangents talking about the posts in this thread, rather than continuing to talk about the game itself. It's a fine line and I've had no complaints about that, it's just what I might diagnose as an area for improvement if I were a mod. If you've already send this, awesome. I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this.

Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny JediMaster1511 JM_1977 Liam_Vehn Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Teegirloo

8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Because I'm excited for the 273 season, here's a little kick in the pants for all us Limmie diehards.

Ready?

[​IMG]

Kick off! WOOO!!!

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I take it that the Premier League will return to its old duty of being the gateway to the Elite League, then?

And Yes, Liam. My sentiments exactly . . . except not in such a creepy fashion. :p

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Yes. With the Patriots in the Elite League, for story purposes we will say that the GCLA lost its marquee teams and the major ones like the Corellia Rebels and Agamar Packers elected to rejoin the Premier League, which has regained its status as the undisputed second highest limmie league in the galaxy. I'll roll it out for when we want to transition new teams into the fold.

Speaking of new teams JM_1977 Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Teegirloo did we ever tell you that we have our very own wiki devoted to this game? You guys are more than welcome to start pages for your teams and write about their history there. Some teams like Ralltiir have a very long and respectable history in the Elite League (are you aware of how many Galactic Cups the Starkillers have won, RJR?) that are perfect to be flushed out. Expansion teams can have had storied histories in lower leagues. It's also just a good place to look up people we keep talking about (or might be talking about, like a certain head coach/general manager of the Chandrila Patriots that I hold dear to my heart, Liam_Vehn wishes never set foot on a limmie field, jcgoble3 's Marte Nalo played and coached, and CPL_Macja 's Setarcos Rhemes just might have a crush on back in the day).

And speaking of which, I just looked at CPL_Macja 's page for the Rydonni Prime Monarchs and now I'm all jealous. I think I'm going to have to steal copy borrow some of his neato tables and formats for my Miners page. :D

11. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Ive never really know how to create one

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I think I created a team page for your team, 77. Not sure if I added formatting in, but at least the page is up.

Also, speaking of the Wiki, can some of the more complicated operations be made into templates? Most of us don't have time/the ability to figure out coding, so just being able to copy and paste elements like roster tables would be nice.

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I believe that CPL_Macja has created a number of templates. I don't know where to find them, so what I do is I copy something I like once I've seen someone like CPL or jcgoble3 use it and then modify it. If you like the roster table on my page, Jedi Gunny I'm happy to help you modify it since I just lifted it from the Monarchs' source page.

But creating new stuff is beyond my skill level. That's where I'd direct you to a master.

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'm already working on modifying it. :p It'll take a bit of time, but I'll get done soon, hopefully.

15. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm pretty good with wiki stuff but I'm not sure I have the creativity at the moment for coming up with a team history and such... beyond the basics I already have. Oh well.

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Just giving the basics you've already developed is fine. This is a resource for people who want to go further with their stories. However, there is never an expectation by anyone in the game, including me, that you do more than post in the game thread. We're just all crazy about this kind of thing and can't help but flesh this sort of thing out. ;)

17. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    You must be talking about jcgoble3 ;)

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

jcgoble3 likes this.
  18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm a bit busy right now with D-League prep, but give me an idea of what you want a wiki template to do and I'll see about creating it when I have time.

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Never mind. I figured it out with some trial-and-error.

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Jedi Gunny That was a fantastic offseason post. Way to go!

Though what will a Bothan-Twi'lek kid look like I wonder? A big furry thing with head tails? :D

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I guess you'll just have to find out. [face_devil]

T-Minus 4 days until the beginning of the season.

22. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    [face_nail_biting]I have no ideas for this season or rather I did but I forgot them

Are bothans and twi'leks even compatible? Bothans and humans aren't...

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I have no idea since sadly I never took courses in xenobiology. However, I know that when we had a potential Human-Bith pairing (hey Bardan_Jusik since you drafted Gargova I think you can now resolve whether she was pregnant by Zeke or not! Though maybe you should talk to JM_1977 first) that the mods were okay with it.

Actually, as I recall, there are somewhat specific rules as to what sorts of species are allowed to be in relationships and/or mate with each other here on the JC Forums. However, I'm not sure where to find them. I believe that if the two species can be played by a people in makeup or a suit, then the relationship is allowed. However, if the species can only be achieved via a puppet or CGI, then it's not. But don't quote me on that.

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    [Vader]I have altered the canon. Pray I don't alter it any further.[/Vader]

25. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    personally I think Jusik can do a better more interesting job at resolving that issue then I ever could