main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Skywalking Moments [UDC 7] Completed June 15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 28, 2013.

1. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Hahahaha! Mara knows how to tame the jedi)))) And her farmboy will do everything for her! Even put down the fresher seat))[face_love]

And family goes camping owwwwwwww. Thank you so much for such sweet moments. There will be never enough of them.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Awww!!!! Those were awesome, Bri. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I like EJF give you [:D] [:D] for the sweetness of Enemy and Friend, and the LOL of Negotiate and Truce. :D And let me say that all of week 10 was a treat, loved the family trip. :) Beautiful setting and comfy easy times. [face_love] !!

4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Yes, wonderful moments. :)

One would think that after standing up to the Emperor Luke would have a backbone but I guess when it comes to the woman that he loves Luke has a HUGE soft spot.

I can't understand why you didn't get any alerts. Stupid issues with the tagging system!!!

Well 'The Chosen One' and 'Dark Angel' have been updated. I will send the links to you in a conversation.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely family moments as it should have been

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Very sweet drabbles!! I like how Mara took advantage of the situation. LOL!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Liking these drabbles..:D
    In last post.. particularly enjoyed 'Truce'..
    Mara takes a bullet and expects to be treated like a princess.. and rightly so!

Briannakin and Jade_eyes like this.
  8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lady_Misty

A/N: Thanks everyone for reading and reviewing. Week 11 are all AU situations peeking into LMB’s life if Mara had survived LOTF and week 12 is canon, so if you want to start depressed and end happy, read week 12 first.

Week 11
    Games

After nearly fatal fight with her nephew, who had turned into a Sith, Mara was back home from the medcenter. Seeing that she had almost died, Luke was annoyingly protective of her. Cilghal had suggested that Mara spend the next few days relaxing in bed and apparently Luke had translated that into a week of 24 hour bed rest.

“Hey Mom,” Ben appeared at her door. “How are you?”

“Bored,” she grunted as a reply. “Go get the sabbacc cards and we’ll play a game.”

A few minutes later, Ben was sitting across from her on the bed, losing badly.

Fun

“It’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye!” Mara shouted from the office. Luke was in the living room roughhousing with their eighteen-year-old son.

“Yeah,” Luke said, cuffing his son upside the head. “Then you end up like Daala: cranky, old and ornery.”

“Wait, Dad, you have a fake eye?” Ben asked.

Luke looked at his son, confused. “Huh? No. You know that.”

“Well, you pretty much just described yourself: cranky, old and ornery.” Ben laughed immediately started to run.

“You! You come back here my ungrateful offspring!” Luke was after his son as swiftly as possible.

Play

“Peek a boo!” Luke cooed softly as he played with his first grandchild.

Mara allowed herself a smile as she held the tiny pink bundle of blankets. Little Aska was born only an hour ago and already had her grandfather wrapped tightly around her tiny pinky.

“Can I hold her now? Luke asked.

“No, not yet,” Mara replied. “I’m not done with her yet and I know once I give her to her I’m not getting her back.”

“Mom,” Ben said sternly, standing beside his wife in her medcenter bed. “Come on, share her with Grandpa.”

“Fine,” Mara muttered reluctantly.

Laugh

Three-year-old Aska was having nightmares, so Luke and Mara had decided to give her parents a break. The sleepover with Gramma and Poppa was going smoothly. So smoothly that Luke and Mara decided trying to get Aska to go to sleep, after all, the poor dear hadn’t slept in a week.

Mara put Aska in her cot at the foot of their bed and climbed into her own bed, already occupied by Luke.

“Poppa? Can you leave the light on?”

Luke, who had taken out his dentures, replied, “Of course sweetheart.”

The little girl started to laugh. “Poppa sounds funny!”

Vacation

Mara still couldn’t believe she was able to convince Luke to take a vacation. She was actually hoping that he would enjoy doing nothing that he would go into retirement with her… or at least semi-retirement. Mara feared her husband was going to work himself into the grave, or die on some stupid foolish mission.

She rolled over and used the Force to tap off his alarm clock. He deserved to sleep in for once in his life. So did she for that matter. Mara cuddled closely to Luke, not caring he was snoring loud enough to wake the dead.

Week 12

See

Luke stared at the holo of Mara on the chip he always kept. She had died not even six hours ago. He didn’t know how he had come to turn on the chip. Her smiling face was an unwelcome site, yet he couldn’t turn it off.

He was on his way to her body now. He had spent the first hours after her death comforting Jaina and when he got to his destination, he knew it was his duty as a parent to comfort his son. He had no idea what he was going to do when he saw Ben.

Hear

Every once and a while Ben swore he heard his mother. Sometimes she was saying his name, other times she was laughing. He often wondered if it was actually her, or just his mind playing tricks on him. At first it alarmed him. But then he welcomed the moments when she whispered in his ear so only he could hear. She only did it when he was alone. She was a welcome ghost in his mind. He wondered if his father occasionally heard his mother, but he never asked. If his mom did talk to his dad it was private.

Touch

More than anything, Luke longed for her touch; a sweet caress, or a play slap or even a punch during a sparring match. In the early days after her death he would reach out during that half daze as one is just waking to touch her, only to touch nothing. It ripped his heart every time she wasn’t there.

He debated getting a single bed and moving into the spare room, just so that every time he woke, he would know she wasn’t there, but he figured not having here there was better than erasing her from his life completely.

Smell

Ben’s mother had always been the cook in the family. Luke was so out of practice that when he tried cooking a full meal after Mara’s death, he ended up completely burning it. The house stunk the foul stench of failure. Not only did Luke fail as a cook, he failed as a husband, as a Jedi, as an uncle and as a father.

When Ben came home that evening, he not only smelled the burned supper, but also the alcohol. His father was sitting at the end of the table.

“What would Mom say?” Ben said in absolute disgust.

Sense

Ben sensed that time was growing thin. His father, at one-hundred years-old, was dying. Luke had been dying slowly for the past forty years. He had never fully recovered from Mara’s murder.

Ben calmly sat at his father’s side, holding his hand as he wheezed and occasionally coughed. The official cause of death would be pneumonia, ironic for someone born a desert farmboy to die of, but Ben knew his father was dying from loneliness – from missing her smell, touch, voice and sight.

Ben also sensed his mother in the room with them. She had come to take her husband.

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    awww, Poppa Luke..I like it.this was absolutely adorable (and sad...week 12)

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, Bri. The week #11 had me grinning and melting. But week 12, wow, I definitely had to go back and redo week #11. =D= @};- Thanks for the 2-in-one.

11. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Now I'm mad with the sleemos at Del Rey again. :mad:

Someone needs to go back in time and give them a good talking to . Killing Mara didn't up the anti, it made Ben look stupid for not telling his father what his mother did. *growls*

Week 11 was so nice though.. :) [face_love]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice. That line where Luke had dentures threw me off though. I thought you could use the Force to ward off gingivitis. :p I hate what the EU did to Mara and Jacen. If EP7 doesn't go by EU canon I hope they at least have Mara Jade. I would really love to see an old Mara Jade with the aging Grand Master. That would be cool. It would be like Helen Mirren in RED.

Gemma, Lady_Misty and Nyota's Heart like this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    And they'd be getting their groove on - like often, [face_dancing] SQUEEEE!

Gemma and Jedi_Lover like this.
  14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Absolutely loved Aska with Gramma and Poppa [face_love] and week 12 was so touching and sad.

Great work Bri!

15. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    :p Love the father/son affection here!
    Brill update!
    The 'Touch' drabble in-particular was very poignant..:(
    Good writing!

16. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    I love the 'what-if' factor in the first set. Very sweet. [face_love] But the one about Luke still reaching for Mara broke my heart!! :_|

17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Past

Luke had said to her, “What is in the past is unchangeable and irrelevant to me.” Yet Mara still felt guilty. She was one of the closes people to Palpatine during his reign as emperor. She could’ve killed him. She should’ve killed him. Instead she helped him. She disgusted herself.

But she did not disgust him. He loved her. He had killed far more people “in the name of peace” than she ever did for the forces of evil. She had been manipulated, twisted and formed since infanthood. But she had broke out of that mold and that amazed him.

Present

The present is a gift, his Aunt Beru had said. For Luke, Mara came at the perfect time. He had just accepted and was even enjoying the perks of being a bachelor for the rest of her his life. He was not desperate, so he knew Mara wasn’t some sort of rebound woman, or wife out of lonely desperation. She was the one and the perfect present. She was his present, and his future.

She wouldn’t admit it, but he came at the right time for her two. It had taken her ten years to heal and she was ready.

Future

The future was bright. Even in this bleak war with billions of deaths, Mara and Luke knew that the future was bright when they looked down at their tiny bundle of wriggling joy. The future was bright because Ben was the future. The future was entirely his and they were determined as parents and as Jedi to give him a future.

Ben was born into a war, but Luke and Mara were determined to give him a life of peace. They fought to have him, now they would continue fighting for him and the millions of other children like him.

Expectations

Some days the expectations got too much for Ben. He was the son of THE LUKE SKYWALKER; Jedi Master, Rebel General, and hero of the galaxy. His mother was Mara Jade Skywalker – former Emperor’s Hand, the snarkiest person in the galaxy, and Jedi Master. Ben’s aunt and uncle were Leia Organa Solo – last surviving royal family member of the destroyed planet of Alderaan, former Chief of State, and Jedi Master – and Han Solo… well his uncle didn’t have a title, he was just known for having tight pants and a lucky shot. Some days the expectations were just too much.

Memories

In his old age Ben Skywalker often just liked to be alone with his memories. He had a wife, children and grandchildren to keep him company, but sometimes he just liked to walk through the gardens with his cane and remember his mother, who he felt he knew from another life, it had been so many years since her death. Ben also remembered his father, who had lived to see all of his grandchildren grow up, and even some of his great-grandchildren born. The great Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade Skywalker were gone, but their legacy lived on in Ben.

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantab use of the prompts and on the mark insights =D=

19. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice. The part where Ben thought about his mother was very touching.

20. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Yeah, expectations can be too much.

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a wonderful use for the prompts. Very well done, Bri!

22. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Totally awesome the last part made me cry

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

23. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A beautiful set. Great to see Ben in his old age having those memories

24. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    hahahahahaha Han, known for his tight pants. I love it. But I bet Ben would be pulled down by the expectation of being a Skywalker... I mean, there's a lot in that family to live down and up to. Great set of drabbles this week!!

25. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Really enjoyed last post.. Especially 'Expectations'.. The way you listed out Ben's family connections and what they are.. that boy must feel a great weight on him to achieve such incredible status. Daunting to say the least!o_O Loved the bit though about Han and his 'lucky shot'![face_laugh]