main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

April meeting - Starfest, Saturday 4/20, 2 PM - NOW WITH MEETING NOTES

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Apr 15, 2013.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Barring any Starfest programming conflicts, let's hold our next meeting at 2 PM, Saturday the 20th at Starfest. We'll probably just have it in our usual spot behind the table/snack bar area in front of the hair salon.
    Apparently there is a Supernatural panel at 3, so we'll do our best to finish up before then.

-Do we want to do the non-raffle?!?
    -Patches for sale! Hear ye, hear ye! Patches for sale! $4 and available at table. Pay Jason.
    -Buttons!
    -RMFF table! Come staff it! Guidelines for Prize Wheel are...? Need prizes, so please bring whatever! Pinewood Derby promos
    -Starfest highlights? - Backstroke of the West last night, party with Doolittles Sat night?,
    -Exclamation points!
    -May the Fourth!
    -Name Badges!
    -Denver Comic Con! - We submitted all four panels suggestions and they liked them all...we're too good! Now we gotta figure out what we want to do and can actually do with out manpower and time. I'll start a thread on this and see who volunteers.; Also at DCC - our table, R2-KT auction
    -May meeting?!
    -Treasury Update!
    -Group photo!

Anything else!

Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/438184142941901/

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    You need more exclamation points. Otherwise you aren't properly conveying a sense of excitement and energy. ;)

Oh, another Starfest highlight - several of us are presenting a Supernatural panel on Sat at 3pm, right after this meeting. :)

nnaydolem likes this.
  3. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    The July picnic? I'll make it very brief....

4. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah, about the 'Prize Wheel', it still wood color. Time is running out.

5. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    What does the painting entail? And how large is it?
    I might be able to send Shane to come get and I can paint it this week but it has to fit in our trunk ;)

6. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I said to LMK, and no one ever LMK.... Last I heard, Zoo had paint.

Smartphones are neato.

7. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    It's kind of heavy and awkward to carry, didn't know if you planned on doing it at our house (and I believe Becca tried to kidnap you on Sunday) or ours. Not sure if it needs to be taken apart to be painted. Not sure what kind of paints to use. I think we were also waiting on a reply from ff and jt.

I'm sure Jeff will paint it but we have no idea what peoples plans were for it besides the falcon thing and he's not doing that, so no idea for color scheme and don't know the level of prizes besides magnets and tattoos.

8. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I think blue would work ;). As for the wording for the prize levels maybe just do numbers or Star Wars words. And we can make boxes of the different level prizes.....then people can just grab a prize ;).

9. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Also I'm happy to come get it and take care of it.

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Thanks so much catz!

I'd think three categories of prizes/colors would be enough. No?

And I forget, are people just spinning or are we asking trivia questions along with it?

11. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I could bring some extra prize wheel stuff if we need it,I have an extra Jayne Cobb hat and a couple of KFC Frisbees from episode 1? The jayne cobb hat could also go to an auction if there is one this year? Let me know I'll bring them just in case!

12. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Jay, the auction will be at Denver Comic Con this year, but Zoo might like your extra Jayne hat for it. Or you might get a random buyer, too, with the recent kerfluffle over the mass-produced hats.

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Items for the prize wheel prize boxes are very much needed and appreciated. Thanks, dude!

14. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I have a sackful of prizes, too -- mostly "bigger" stuff. Bigger than tattoos and buttons, anyway.

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Notes/decisions made to come soon! Meeting only lasted 22 minutes, so there wasn't much to write about, but I'll get it up since one secretarian arrived as the meeting ended and the other was...somewhere else apparently.

16. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    The other one was not there until the evening. This one spent 45 minutes looking for a place to park.

17. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I absolutely hate it when it is so much grief trying to find parking. I'm sorry it was such stress, Q!

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Where did you end up parking? I parked over in the Wendy's parking lot, but close to Garcia's. It was free and took just a few more minutes to walk. Just a thought for next year...

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Meeting Notes...

-We held the non-raffle for three signed Timothy Zahn books. Congratulations to the winners...even darth_hair!
    -Patches are available and for sale for $4. Lots of people picked up their patches and we had quite a few sales at the con. If you'd like to get one, you can send your money to the treasurer at rmfftreasurer@yahoo.com or you can buy one at a meeting or con.
    -The RMFF table was quite popular and the prize wheel went great. While kids spun the wheel and rooted around in the boxes for a prize, we handed out RMFF info and May the Fourth info. A great way to get and hold their attention! Hope to see some new members around here!
    -Thanks to everybody who volunteered time at the table, who made/brought items for the table, and those who brought donations as prize wheel prizes. It is much appreciated!
    -Welcome to Dark Crafty! His first meeting as he found us through Meetup.com.
    -May the Fourth is just around the corner. See here for Crew info (https://www.facebook.com/groups/318352734951619/) and this thread for event info (http://boards.theforce.net/threads/may-the-fourth-be-with-you.50008689/) and this FB event for general, public info (https://www.facebook.com/events/480476315321674/).
    -@Grimby is still slacking on the name badge template... Is he busy or something?!?
    -We will be hosting two panels and will have a fan table at Denver Comic Con (May 31 - June 2). The panels will be a Jeopardy or Price is Right-style game show hosted by myself with help from Elizabeth and Erica May. darth_hair will host the other about props and Geoff May and...someone else I forgot...will assist. Details about the table are still in the air, but will be passed along as soon as we have them.
    -Treasury Update - We spent money on patches, so we're not very liquid right now. Money coming in for patches and from the quite popular non-raffle this month. Update when treasurer gets to it.
    -May meeting - tentatively scheduled for May 18th. Probably at the Village Inn unless somebody wants to host.

Group photo time!
    [​IMG]

Did I miss anything?

20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Behind where the liquor store used to be, and only because Nigel was leaving and I took his spot. The idiot at the "pay for parking" lot told me to go to the Hyatt, so that was a huge chunk of the wasted time.

Heard some talk about needing to adjust the meeting date due to Costume Con. Just a heads up.

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    After it was all said and done, we ended up with two items in the Lost and Found. One, Amy's ted jacket, I know who it belongs to. The other I'm not sure whose it is. It's a blue SW fabric in a gallon size bag with a $8 price tag on it. It has SW spaceships along the edge and was purchased by Fabriquewerx, probably in the dealer's room. It's not @SITH__CHICK's, as she gave it to the Lost and Found. Anybody know whose it is?

22. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    OOOH! Fabric! Did anyone claim it? If not we could auction it off at the next meeting for the wheel prizes fund. I like spaceships!!

23. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm pretty sure if you open it up it's a pillow case, but I didn't make it or leave it.

24. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh, we also have a lost and found item, a nifty table top set up of trading cards.....

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  25. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Fabriquworx is a good friend of mine, Kathy Bodnar. She's made several pillowcases and such with SW fabrics, and makes awesome leather steampunk gear. I've got a couple of her cases already. I'm wondering if she was donating them for Make-A-Wish.