main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info New movie every summer beginning 2015 confirmed.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, Apr 17, 2013.

1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    HERE

Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm announced today at CinemaCon in Las Vegas that Star Wars: Episode VII will hit theaters in the summer of 2015 and that every summer after that will offer a "Star Wars" film, alternating with one of the standalone films.

Lee_ and TreborSabreon like this.
  2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I thought this was already confirmed?

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    This ^^^^^

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Guess they confirmed it again, for the hearing impared :p;)

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I do remember there being some ambiguity/trustworthiness in the variety article, but I think this one is particularly interesting for a few reasons:
    1.) Disney is sticking to the original date even after signing Abrams.
    2.) The standalones will come in between feature episodes starting immediately, which says to me that we'll only have to wait till 2017 for Episode VIII, and that we should be getting news on the first standalone before we see Episode VII.

6. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Sounds like a better plan than doing 3 films over 6 years and then a tv series plus stand alones. However, movie-canon continuity is going to have to be a whole lot tighter than in the past if they're going to pull this off.

I sure hope we get some KOTOR big screen action! Preferably from the Veitch comics or the first two PC games. DOTJ would be great too. I hope this isn't all going to be OT centered.

7. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Yes, while I want a lot of OT and ST tie in stuff they should definatly explore time periods beyond the 3 time periods in the episodes and the time between them. KotOR (two games and comics... not the mmo TOR and its books/comics), The Great hyperspace War, Exar Kun, DotJ, Darth Bane (Knight Errant is just about then too, maybe a tie in?) are all examples of ripe time periods to explore that could offer a multitude of opportunities. People are used to super hero series that give you new heros and villains then digress to origin stories or Star Trek which just kept jumping further and further in the future, how about skipping a few thousand years in the past instead and proove that a rich history can be even more important while the ST sets up the future of the Star Wars galaxy.

8. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Yes every year !

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04...nning-in-2015?abthid=516eee2eed2c561d66000023

9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I've learned not to overreact to these things before actually seeing the final product.
    One the one hand, I think this can be fun if done right.
    On the other, it can easily be overkill and just be like Call of Duty, pumping out an obligatory "new" product every year.

Time will tell.

10. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    I'm not expecting any "new" big news until after Star Trek has been released and Abrams has concluded his media duties for that.

Marc McAllister likes this.
  11. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
  12. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Looks like Disney and Lucasfilm have got their work cut out for them. Just hope they don't fall into the trap of Quantity over Quality.

13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This was my initial thought as well. The language they use does indicate that, but I wonder if it might go Episode VII, spinoff, spinoff, Episode VIII etc.

14. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, at least we know who's writing the first few installments. Simon Kinberg is the only one that isn't "proven" in my eyes, but I trust Kathy Kennedy so I'm not worried.

15. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    the events of The Old Republic (Ravan, Kun, Vitiate, Bane, etc) definitely need to be addressed in films eventually.

Vastor and Darth_Quintonis like this.
  16. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    Really not sure about this... it's cool to have Star Wars every year, but it seems like it cheapens it somehow.

The Bops, GreedoCMZ and dolphin like this.
  17. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    We've had it almost every week for 5 years and all that did was create more fans. I'm not worried.

18. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    For better or worse, this is happening. Lets hope they quality stays consistent and the universe doesn't wear out its welcome. I loved Star Wars as a closed six Episode arc but I'm also very intrigued to see what the future holds.

19. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    I feel like this as well.

20. Poo-Do

Poo-Do Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2012
  21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, and I think that makes this count as being more informative and more of a real confirmation. Should be interesting.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Exactly what I'm thinking. I'm happy about this.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'll repeat the "should be interesting." And it will be exciting if it's done right.

Darth_Quintonis and eht13 like this.
  24. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe it will, but maybe it won't. Right now the odds are 50/50 (I know "Never tell you the odds"). I still like Christmas every year. :)

25. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    And nobody will want to remember Dark Times under George the Unproductive :). Let the true "expansion of the universe" begins!

Pfluegermeister likes this.