main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [El Camino spoilers] If you don't watch Breaking Bad, then yes, you still are an idiot.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    On the upside, that's my birthday. On the downside, arrrrg. But on the other upside, they'll probably be at Comic Con again.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Why? He doesn't know Hank knows.

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Hank is Walt's inside information. He wouldn't kill him until he felt he was in danger.

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I mentioned this to Evan yesterday, but I guess I never brought it up in here... anyone else think Walt's coughing in the flash forward could be a result of ricin poisoning setting in rather than the presumed cancer? I just kind of feel like eventually someone in this show has to be killed with Chekhov's Ricin.

Armenian_Jedi likes this.
  5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Once these final eps air there will have been 343 days in between new episodes. That is NOT a single season AMC.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  6. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    oh yeah the set that will include the last 8 episodes will apparently be titled "the final 8". dumb.

7. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    on the upside for people devoid of lives lol

8. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Yeah, the show has made too much of a big deal with that ricin to just not do anything with it. They keep showing Walt putting it away in his hiding spot after every missed opportunity to use it and what not. They wanna make sure we know that he still has it by his side.

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    So I guess AMC had such huge success with Talking Dead (it's Walking Dead aftershow), that when Breaking Bad returns they'll be creating an aftershow for it called Talking Bad.

Link.

10. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    can't wait to talk bad for the last eight episodes.

11. -G-O-A-T-

-G-O-A-T- Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2005
  12. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    That's the greatest YouTube video of all time, second only to "How to Eat Like an Animal."

halibut likes this.
  13. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Many think Skyler will be the one to eat the ricin cupcake.

14. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    That...would actually be an all too fitting and perhaps too ******* up end for Heisenberg, worse than anything Hank or any rival might throw at him. Then Walt eats a bullet, roll credits. :(

Son of a Bith likes this.
  15. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    What makes me wonder if Skyler doesn't die at Walt's hands is the fact that, in the flashforward portion of "Live Free or Die" I get a strong "out for revenge" vibe. Maybe his family (or Jesse) gets wiped out, and he goes into the lair of the enemy guns-blazing.

However, a few different websites (see here for an example, relevant portion towards the bottom) have pointed out that Walt takes on physical and behavioral tokens for those deaths he feels responsible for. Cutting the crusts off his sandwiches after Krazy 8, the eyeball of the teddybear that fell from the horrible plane crash, Gale's copy of Leaves of Grass. And what does Walt do in the flashforward? He arranges the bacon on his breakfast plate - just like Sklyer used to do for his birthdays.

I think Skyler is toast. Walter either kills her or feels that he is responsible for her death.

Sorry if this theory has BP'd; I haven't read through the whole thread.

16. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Yeah I don't see how Skyler walks away from this. In an ideal world, Walt either dies at the hands of Jesse, or drives off into the sunset, an empty husk of a man, having killed or caused the deaths of everyone who ever loved or cared about him.

17. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    Dear God, how I love this show. Talking about it briefly here makes me crave yet another rewatch.

I can imagine a scene in the future where Holly has gotten old enough to ask questions, asks Uncle Hank (who raised her), "How did my father die?"

"Well, sweetie, a man named Heisenberg, who was a friend of mine until he started to lose it, fell into a life of crime that brought everyone around him down to the gutter. He betrayed and murdered your father."

18. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Or perhaps she simply leaves him, taking the kids with her. I don't know, but for some reason killing Skyler seems too harsh a punishment both for him and particularly us the viewers. Yes, in a way she has been his accomplice ever since she found out the truth about him but she doesn't deserve to pay for his sins.

19. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    I think "too harsh a punishment" for Walt himself is debatable - I'm not interest in that debate, because I don't consider myself to be in a position to decide that sort of karmic issue. I'm not sure how one quantifies human suffering...

But "too harsh" for the viewers? I don't think so. There's been a ton of fans calling for Skyler's blood from the begining. I'm not one of those fans, but I after everything we've seen I highly doubt there will be outrage if Skyler dies, at Walt's hands or someone else's. It might make you (and me, and many others) squirm, but it would be fully in keeping with the tone of the series.

20. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Skyler would kill Walt if she felt her kids were threatened. A Jesse-Skyler conspiracy to assassinate Walt is possible. I think Hank is going to bite it for sure.

If I were writing episodes, I'd have Hank quietly confront Skyler and try to hatch a plan with her to bring Walt in peacefully and get her immunity to testify against her husband and so get herself and her family into witness protection. Walt gets wind of the plan and offs Hank by episode 2 or 3.

Son of a Bith likes this.
  21. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i hate schuylur. i dont know why. it probably has to do with deep-seated misogyny, but its visceral and i have no say in it. something about her just pisses me off. if she died (as a character on a tv show) i dont think it'd be terribly harsh for me

22. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    and yeah, this is a show about walt and jesse. it may have initially been envisioned as a show about walt, but by season 2 it became a dual-nucleus show starring walt and jesse, with their relationship and effect on each other at its core. for that reason, i think the final confrontation has to be between them

23. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    It's very hard to tell what motivates her. She's not in it for the money, apparently. She's not really doing what she's doing for the kids. She clearly has no love left for Walt. Also, she doesn't seem completely terrified of him. "This situation is very perplexing for me, so I will just keep on laundering money."

24. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    So so so awesome

jp-30 likes this.
  25. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    ::shivers::

Why can't these new episodes start now??

I used to feel this way - I think everyone did. Gilligan and co. did a good job of portraying Walt as beaten down by life, his wife especially.

Now that I know more I don't feel so bad. If Skylar pushed him around, it's because he let her (and the rest of the world) push him around.

But your comment speaks to my point that killing Skylar is in no way "too harsh" for viewers.

I tend to agree, and it breaks my heart! If there's one person I want to survive this, it's Jesse.