main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Alleged EpVII Title / leaked info: The Twin Suns

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Valkyrus, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    These are from a series of postings across EU Cantina, 4Chan and Reddit. This information does not appear to be widely disseminated, which means it might be genuine as Lucasfilm/Disney could have dropped the hammer on it quickly, preventing it from spreading across the net.

This has been posted in a thread on the Community forum here, and also I posted it in a page-60 reply to the Baddie thread, but I think it's significant enough to deserve its own.

Ok, where to begin...

Last November 2nd, a poster using the name DarthDiskon posted the following image, without comment, in a thread (here) on the EU Cantina Star Wars board:

[​IMG]

Various posters began to debate the image, with many thinking it was BS, and too conveniently spoiler-filled to be real. One of them, GrandMaster, had this to say:

The user DarthDiskon only has two other posts, and both of them are earlier in the same thread (a thread discussing the sale of Lucasfilm to Disney) on October 30 and 31.

The first one: http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64041&highlight=#64041

And the second: http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64078&highlight=#64078

Moving forward... around January 14, 2013, the following image appeared on Reddit:

[​IMG]

It contains a bunch of AureBesh lettering, which translates as:

1. New Alderaan
    2. Excoriator
    3. Kilo Calrissian
    4. Great Republic
    5. Darth Khaaos
    6. Zel Solo
    7. Schism
    8. Thena Kryze
    9. Vangaar
    10. Admiral Solo
    11. Bespin Shipyards
    12. Hope Rendar
    13. XT-83
    14. Empire Loyalists
    15. Exile
    16. Solitude
    17. Dagobah
    18. Balance
    19. Tython
    20. Force Death
    21. If this galaxy is to survive, there can be no Jedi Order
    Interestingly, the Excoriator which was mentioned in the alleged photo of the page from the development schedule or whatever that was (i don't know film industry terminology exactly) also turns up here... moving on..

On the 23rd of January, the following was posted to 4Chan:

http://4chandata.org/tv/-a342578

https://archive.foolz.us/tv/thread/29298418/

Again you have elements from both previous sorces... the Excoriator, the Twin Suns, another mention of Darth Khaaos, and also Thena and Kilo Calrissian.

And that's as much as I know at present, but I find it kinda intriguing. It could be nothing... or it could be the truth. But I find it fascinating to speculate on, nonetheless.

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    If it was legit, Disney and Lucasfilm would be trying like crazy to remove it

3. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Darth Tano???? As in Ahsoka Tano? Uhhhh... no.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This is total BS. I can't imagine someone in a position to read the script would then release all these plot points and story elements on the internet. At this point in production there are probably only a few people who have actually read the script and it would probably be pretty easy for Disney to figure out who did it.

DARTHSHAME, cdgodin, eht13 and 5 others like this.
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Wouldn't trying to remove it just confirm its legitimacy?

Like if a Disney lawyer fired off a letter to the administrators of EUCantina or 4Chan or what have you, saying that in such-and-such a thead a poster named (whatever) has posted some stuff and we demand you delete the post... wouldn't that just confirm it as being genuine? And would they even have authority to force such a removal anyway?

6. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Well some one is ignorant of reality... that will just greatly annoy the EU fans even more. What made it sell was it being part of the only continuity.

Next off really, if this is what we're getting for episode VII I dont see it earning much money at all. It sounds worse than 2/3rds of the fan fictions I read... and worse just rehashes old locations which even the prequals didnt do. This must be the work of Super Shadow... and really a new user posting these *sigh.

dewback_rancher likes this.
  7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Ryus likes this.
  8. kubricklynch

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree, that's sort of what I was saying, I just didn't express myself clearly. Or at least, I think that would be a terrible idea and would never happen in a million years. And the Twin Suns is an awful name.

9. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm a little nervous. IMO this seems to have some legitimacy. And some of the plot points -- I didn't read them all -- seem pretty cool, most specifically the concept of the Twin Suns.

The Twin Suns alludes to the twin suns of Tatooine in which both Anakin and Luke grew up under. As we've been speculating for months now, we expected to see Solo Twins with one, Jacen (for example) turning to the Dark Side. It's Epic! It's Cool! It's layered! It's symbollic! It's psychological!

This seems too well-thought out to be bogus IMO. It could be totally FAIL, but again I'm nervous.

Forgot to add that I think the Twin Suns is a code name like Blue Harvest.

JainaSoloYJK and Buddha Fett like this.
  10. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Kinda like 'The Phantom Menace' ?

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  11. kubricklynch

Dec 10, 2012
    That doesn't seem that well thought out to me, I could have typed that up in 15 minutes.

And I'm not saying TPM is a great title, but that's much more intriguing than "The Twin Suns" which is just boring. Star Wars titles usually have a little more pizzazz.

12. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    PURE WIN! :D

I speculateds "General" but Admiral is stellar! ;)

BTW -- couldn't resist, read the list, and that list has a lot of awesome concepts.

Vastor likes this.
  13. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I just see some seeing
    [​IMG]

14. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Another day, another ST rumor. I-)

15. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    "Darth Tano"... if she's who "Darth Khaaos" is elsewhere in the 'info', that's pretty weak--whether it's Ahsoka herself or her daughter or something. If this info is as old as it claims to be, this is before we all knew Ahsoka's 'final fate' on TCW--and her fate there, leaving the Jedi Order, doesn't smack of someone who'll eventually call herself "Darth" anything. She had many similarities to Anakin, but I doubt she'd fall to the dark side after all that she went through.

This 'info', like the Reclamation stuff, seems to ignore that Leia's supposed to have the Force, too--so why is some random smuggler being trained as a Jedi by Luke, instead of Zel Solo, Leia's daughter? Kilo Calrissian isn't quite as silly a name as Kala Calrissian from the supposed Reclamation series-bible, but it still smacks of wrongness. So does "Zel Solo" for that matter. Why not use the name Jaina, even if she's not strong in the Force? More EU fans would rather see a nod to the character from the books than would complain about her not being a Jedi or acting like the book character, I think.

The locations leave much to be desired... Coruscant's to be expected, but Bespin, Dagobah, and only one NEW world? Luke setting up shop on Dagobah? Why? Is someone latching onto his "something familiar about this place, I feel like..." line instead of what Yoda told him about the Force being strong in his family, and that he should pass on what he learned--ie, pass it on TO his family, be it Leia or her kid(s) or kids of his own?

And "Luke's pyre"... as a student of Obi-Wan's & Yoda's, Luke shouldn't need a pyre. He should be taught by their spirits how to become one with the Force as they did.

Like Reclamation, it seems like this info's trying TOO hard to distance itself from the EU, yet not being all that creative in coming up with new threats. More Imperials & Sith right off the bat?

16. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    You make some good points. Aside from the "Reclamation," because I haven't read that info, I'll see your points and suggest that as far as locations and some familiar character names that is what George and Disney want with Episode VII -- connective tissue to the past before they going spiralling into the future. Also, just because some information was "leaked" doesns't mean that's all there is to this story. Other charachter names, locations and plot points could have been withheld.

17. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    All I want to know is why would I care about 'Avonis air traffic'?

18. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    BTW -- I forgot to ask, Darth Valkyrus are you also DarthDiskon?

I suspect you are because you seem to have all the details of this "DarthDiskon" nailed down as though you were in fact the one who posted it in the first place, thus have quick access to the info you posted.

19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Since Reclamation is a fake, I'm sure this thread is discussing fake material too. ;)

20. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Nope. I found Diskons other posts by clicking his profile after reading Grandmaster's post.

I found the eu cantina thread via google searching after running across the post on the community forum here about the aurebesh stuff on reddit. I found the 4chan thing the same way.

I'm a longtime poster on sb.com, fwiw. My screen name there is Ripmax. (I'm actually kinda in a bind here because i can't think of anything that would prove conclusively that I'm not darthDiskon. It's disconcerting. I know I'm not him/her, but any of you who suspect I am are probably gonna keep thinking that, I wouldn't blame you. It's disconcerting to be on my end of this catch 22 and unable to do anything about it.)

21. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    Darth Chaos?

That's just slightly...ever so slightly...dumb.

It never ceases to amaze me...the lengths people will go to just to create fake stuff to get some virtual attention/love from people they will never meet on discussion boards.

Does it make you feel important?

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
  23. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    There are a few things in life I know for certain... Water is wet, the sky is blue and Star Wars episode 7 will not be called "the twin suns"

Grievousdude, run_luke_run and Ryus like this.
  24. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Saw Darth Tano and stopped reading.

Then swallowed a bottle of painkillers.

25. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm assuming Filoni wrote it. Someone took a picture of his latest fanfic.