main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars: Legacy—Prisoner of the Floating World #2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    [​IMG]
    Ania Solo found a lightsaber inside a broken Imperial communications droid. Now she’s being pursued by the local police—and a determined Imperial Knight who is willing to kill to get the weapon!
    Fortunately, as a black-market salvage dealer, Ania has made some formidable friends of her own . . .
    * The Solo family 138 years after Return of the Jedi!
    [​IMG] Pre-Order Star Wars: Legacy—Prisoner of the Floating World #2 Now @ TFAW.com
    Creators

Writer:Corinna Bechko, Gabriel Hardman
    Artist:Gabriel Hardman
    Colorist:Rachelle Rosenberg
    Cover Artist:Dave Wilkins
    Genre: Star Wars
    Publication Date:April 24, 2013
    Format:FC, 32 Pages
    Price:$2.99

2. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Well I'm glad to see this went like I thought it would. Imperial Knight isn't villain, just zealous law enforcement antagonist.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, I guess it only took a week. :p

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    "138 years after Return of the Jedi" Curious. Is this just poor fact-checking, or deliberate?

Still, I love that Ania is a fringer character, but in a much different way than Cade was.

5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    My guess is a typo, though jumping ahead four years from Legacy: War would work as well. It would allow us to jump into the galaxy a few years after the end of the war and as the rebuilding in underway.

--Adm. Nick

6. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Another nice cover and glad to see a familiar Legacy element return. That's not an IK lightsaber she's holding, is she? I remember they were all supposed to be the same design to reflect their service to the Emperor (well, Empress now), but don't remember the exact design and can't tell if that's blue or silver. Sounds like a great arc, only another few months to until Legacy returns.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I wonder if it's Anakin Solo's lightsaber, somehow...

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope it is but it wouldn't be surprised if it was Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber instead

9. Jedi_Glover

Jedi_Glover Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Anakin's was purple though

10. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I just noticed that the IK has scars or cuts on his face. Nice little detail!

--Adm. Nick

11. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    No preview yet? Isn't this coming out next week?

I hope we get one soon. Some of my fondest memories of the first Legacy series was all the discussion and speculation that the 3-4 page previews would generate. :D

--Adm. Nick

12. MasterRoberts

MasterRoberts Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2013
    spicer likes this.
  13. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I love the preview! I believe that is a reference to the Harugi Spill asteroid belt in the Ithori system, home to Ithor!

Cartography reference for the win. :-D

--Adm. Nick

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Great preview. Can't wait to read the rest of the issue.

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I like that little ship.

16. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Looks like it was inspired by some of the Hasbro mini-ship toys, or some of the smaller lego sets.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ha, I love the accidental battle effectiveness shown off by Sauk. And it seems Ania has that definite Solo flying skill.

18. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Looks Good.

19. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Great preview! I love the art. Never thought that I'd like old school style comic art so much. Now, to reread issue 1 again until I wait for next week :D

Ryus likes this.
  20. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Shouldnt this be stickied ?? It comes out today!!

21. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I liked the first issue well enough, but now I really love this series.

AG-37 is probably my favorite droid character in quite a while. Ania and Sauk, while decent leads, couldn't really hold their own in a fight, lucky accidents and pure guts aside. Now they have an assassin droid sort-of ally! A pro-Jedi one at that! Wonder which era he was referring to, Jedi usually didn't rule, unless he just means the quiet post-Ruusan to the prequel millennium. And what his debt to Ania is. I suddenly reminded of something from YJK, hm... nah.

Good art, great writing and excellent grasp of the Legacy era, can't wait to read the next issue, its so good to have Legacy back.

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, I liked AG-37 as well, especially his longcoat. I'm guessing he's referring to the time between about 41 ABY and 127 ABY, when the Jedi were on the rise and prosperous. Marasiah gets a good moment here, and some good interaction with Antares. The action was cool and well-paced, and the art continues to be really good.

23. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    More spoilers, please? :)

24. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Anything with Gar Stazi?

--Adm. Nick

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    The Empress mentions him and K'Kruhk once, but otherwise no. Also, there's a fleet shot at the end, but it's hard to make out beyond the fact that it's large.