main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Change to the original trilogy

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Ahsoka_Tano_11, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Ahsoka_Tano_11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2013
    Is there any part of A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back or Return Of The Jedi you would change if you could? I am just wondering how much you liked the story line of each movie. Are there any characters you would add in or take out? Would you change the planet or ship? Or would you just leave the original movies as they are?

2. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Change all the puppets, stopmotion, & claymation to realistic CGI.
    Add the deleted scenes of Luke with Biggs in Mos Eisley, and Luke making his green lightsaber.

3. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Mar 30, 2013
    Agreed about Luke making his green lightsaber. That should definitely be added.

4. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    Lucas made the changes I would make, and he also made some changes I definitely would not make in a million parsecs.

5. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    I'd add in about 3-5 mins of extra CGI based footage to the cantina in ANH, maybe a song and dance sequence, because everyone loved the one in RotJ so much!!

Seriously tho, ESB needs a bit of music/light relief, ANH has the cantina, RotJ has the Jabba's palace stuff, ESB needs some social scene possibly on Bespin, to make the whole Vader in the dinning hall a bit more dramatic.

6. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Remove R5-D4 from the shot of R2-D2 after R5-D4 has moved away and shown up his bad motivator. R5-D4 cannot be in 2 places at once :oops:

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  7. CrashTheHedgehog100

CrashTheHedgehog100 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2013
    I would leave the films as they are but if I had to make changes then the only minor change I would make would be visually. However, when George Lucas made visual upgrades he did a bit more than that. I think that Yoda could maybe be upgraded to CGI using the Episode 1-3 model and making it look older.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  8. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I generally don't like the tinkering that goes on in Star Wars as a rule.

But in the spirit of the thread, I really would have liked a different kind of battle on Endor. The space battle is good, but the Empire getting beat up by teddy bears isn't so great

9. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    In ESB, when the Falcon is running from the three Star Destroyers, the scene where they lead them into each other and go into a vertical dive and the admiral says "Take evasive action!", everyone on the Star Destroyer then basically falls over to the side, however it can clearly be seen that the Star Destroyer has hardly even banked off their current trajectory at this point. Make the screen shake, change it so the Star Destroyer banks more sharply, do something. When I saw this I was like "They should put hand holds on the star destroyer like they have on buses."

10. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Mar 30, 2013
    Yeah, you have a point there.

11. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Redo the cantina scene, the costumes and stuff are just way to dated, they could make that look much better i think

12. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Mar 30, 2013
    I really like the cantina scene, I think that it is well done.....

13. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2013
    One thing that always bugged me was everyone running about in a panic after Lando calls for an evac of Cloud City yet on every scene showing outside the city walls, there are no escaping ships in the sky, so I'd add a heap of new starships fleeing Cloud City. Oh and I would have loved to haved seen a good, vicious ground battle with rebel soldiers against snowtroopers in the ruins of Echo Base.

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    BLASPHEMY! :p

Aaronaman and Sean Sinclair like this.
  15. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Mar 30, 2013
    You have a really good point there....

16. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    ROTJ's space battle: have a lot more Rebel ships and a lot fewer Imperial ones. There were like what, ten times more Star Destroyers than Calamari cruisers there? And there was the Death Star superlaser? There was no way the Empire could have lost the battle unless all the Imperial crews and captains were infected with a stupid virus that made them power down their weapons, lower their shields, and let their enemy turn them into space debris. So yeah, the two sides should've at least been somewhat evenly matched.

17. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    don't have Boba Fett go out the way he did.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  18. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Re-do all the laser blasts and lightsabers.

Re-do Salacious Crumb as CGI. Puppet Yoda, I can handle. Animantronic Jabba, sure, fine. But that little doll thingy that's Salacious Crumb... just ugh. Terrible.

19. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    I agree with this. The lightsaber scene is incredible, I really wish they had left it in or at least restored it for the Blu-Ray.

Luke looks so much like TPM Palpatine there it's kind of chilling.

20. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I do love the lightsaber construction scene, but I think there's just a little more charm in seeing the green lightsaber for the first time when Luke snags it out of the air on the barge.

21. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I like that to, you don't even know if he has a lightsaber until you see it seeing as how he lost his fathers on Cloud City.

22. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kubricklynch likes this.
  23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Imperial military was relying on Palpatine's Force powers to function. Once Palps died, the Imperial military basically shut down.

24. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    You don't need battle meditation or Force-coordination or whatever to win when you outnumber your opponent to that degree...

25. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Not much. Maybe clean up a few wonky effects, like the Tauntaun running across the tundra at the top of Empire. Clean up the light sabers, matte lines, etc. Animate Palpatine's stiff, dummy body during the shaft toss. Just superficial stuff. I think the model, and puppet, work for most of the OT needs to stand because much of it still looks amazing.

The incredible saber battles of the PT create a conundrum with Hope. As much as I hate to admit it, the original Obi-Wan vs Vader fight just does not stand up well anymore, compared both to what followed in it's sequels and the prequels. Now that we know age shouldn't be a major hinderance to giving an impressive saber battle, I think Hope's final showdown between padawan and master needs some serious sprucing up.

I'd completely remove Jabba's appearance from ANH. His reveal, and appearance, in Jedi is perfect. There is absolutely zero need to see him in Hope (or Menace before that).

I have absolutely no problem with the Ewoks. Having said that, in light of them completely missing the chance to do a massive Wookie ground battle in ROTS, I'd love to see the original plans for Jedi to conclude with that instead of the Ewoks.

It would be nice to see a couple more Han/Leia scenes. After their love story peaks in Empire, a stronger payoff in Jedi would have been very welcome.