main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit New "Official Fact File" in the UK

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LelalMekha, Apr 17, 2013.

1. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I recently discovered that DeAgostini was apparently launching an updated "Star Wars Official Fact File." When I first heard about it, I quite dismissed that piece of news, but DeAgostini's website seems to confirm it (http://shop.deagostini.co.uk/star-wars-fact-file.html)

From the looks of it, it won't just be a reprint, since issue #3 apparently features content about Grievous. I'm quite surprised we haven't really heard about it.

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    THAT. IS. AWESOME.

Almost looks too good to be true....

3. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Well, I won't say it's awesome before I read an announcement stating that there will be a French version. I remember buying the original Fact Files in Belgium back in 2002-2005. If this is real, it would be really disappointing if there were no international release.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just tried calling the contact phone number for their customer service but office hours are 8am-5pm. If this is new content then I'm definitely interested in subscribing. If it's a rehash then I already have the content as I have the originals.. I'll try them tomorrow and let you know what they say.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  5. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    That would be great! Could you also ask them if, by the way, they have plans for international release?

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I will. But as I recall the ones from D'Agostini first time around were just available on subscription in a few countries - UK, Australia, and a few others. The version sold in Europe had the same content but was either a different company or division of De'Ag. The issues differed slightly as to what was in each. If you still have your original issues you might take a look inside to see what company did them and if there's a contact number there.

7. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Why, yes, that's a sound remark. As I recall, the French versions was published by "Éditions Atlas" (which is quite obvious, given their omnipresence on the collectible magazines market in France and Belgium).

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'd do a Google on them and see if there's a website. If so see if there's any info there.

9. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    There doesn't seem to be anything related to Star Wars on their website. I will, however, send them an email.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I made a note to ask about a European edition. Hopefully I'll have an update tomorrow assuming I can get through to them.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Keep us posted :)

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Thanks LAJ! :)

13. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    So instead of starships, we get figurines? [face_phbbbbt]

I was always hoping that they would make a Mon Remonda model or MC90 so that I could display them alongside the original Fact File's Liberty & Home One.

--Adm. Nick

14. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    The Fact Files were awesome. Arguably the of the reference material ever released.

15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Please, no more white-skinned Naga Sadow

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, this was fun..I've now used my profanity quota for the day, and all in about 30 mins. Called the number I had for DeAg 'customer care'. First lady I got was of the 'non-English speaking and doesn't have a brain' variety. She didn't even know what a Star Wars was, let alone the answers to questions. Asked to speak to her supervisor. He at least spoke English but wasn't any help either. (And this was after waiting on hold for awhile. They need a new music tape - what was playing was atrocious to begin with and having it sound like the tape was on its last legs didn't help.)
    So I Googled around and got a switchboard number for DeAg. (020-8600-2000, so you don't have to do it as well). A very nice lady responded eventually and after asking her colleagues she told me that about 1/4 of the content will reflect new information from the films, Clone Wars, etc. There is new artwork. And, alas for those outside the UK, you can't subscribe via their website. I asked about Editions Atlas and she didn't know. She suggested contacting them directly.

17. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    so... WE NEED A WAY TO GET THIS... Germany come on pleaaaase

18. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Thanks, LAJ FETT. I'll try and contact Éditions Atlas today. I hope they have plans to release them, it would be terrible if they were only available to British citizens...

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    They are probably also available in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Malta, and Ireland since DeAg has a presence there. Both the original FF and the Figurine collections were available there as well.

20. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    It's thanks to the original run of SW fact files that I'm as big as a continuity nut as I am.

Had I not been on my KotOR kick, I'd have probably never picked up that first issue... and then the second, then the third. UNTIL I HAD BINDERS FULL OF STAR WARS FACTS!

They take up way too much space, TBH. Still, I can never part with them.

JackG, LelalMekha and CeiranHarmony like this.
  21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I know what you mean about space. I also have the ST ones that came out around the same time.

22. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Wait, they already have fact files for the Sequel Trilogy? :eek: :p

Zorrixor and Random Comments like this.
  23. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Well, Éditions Atlas apparently don't know anything about it either. Looks like international release won't happen.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That would be interesting wouldn't it? No, I was referring to the Star Trek ones that came out around the same time. I think it was a different publisher though.

Well, I've bit the bullet and subscribed. Once I get the first issue I'll start posting what's in each one.

Plaristes likes this.
  25. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    I really want to subscribe...but how am I supposed to pick which figure? I want both!