main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Okay, I clicked Chris's pic anyway (I didn't really notice much of a spoiler elsewhere though I tried not to look around them anywhere so...) but the sight of them together... in costume... Ten and Eleven together.....

I think my brain just exploded in the best way possible. I kind of can't believe this is really happening.

2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Is that what that thing was? I just thought it was a particularly ugly streaker.

Admiral Volshe and Juliet316 like this.
  3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Nope, and judging by the shade of blue and general design of the TARDIS itself, I think it's safe to say it's Ten's.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I presume that yes we're probably getting actual Ten from his timeline somewhere based on the photo. If that's the case, I just want to note that I'm not at all going to be disappointed in that. I just might have a hard time buying Billie as 20 years old if the Rose we get is also from that era ;) But obviously I am not at all unhappy about having My Doctor in the show again. In fact I'm fairly floating :D

Graaaah, okay now I definitely don't want to see any more photos or discuss them though :p We probably should remember that our discussions of these photos are spoilers, too, not just the photos themselves. When you guys are talking about their content I might as well have seen them anyway, which is why I clicked on this one. But please please please try to remember with future set photos and spoilers that talk about those spoilers belongs in tags just as much as the actual photos themselves.

5. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    The presence of Ten's TARDIS (10.5 didn't have one) + Ten's suit which is NOT the one 10.5 wore = massive relief for me. :D :D :D
    I dunno, she doesn't look that much older, IMHO, and with proper make-up I think they could make her work. If anything, Tennant's aging would probably show more - but they can explain that with the "shortened time differential", due to Eleven's presence... :p

6. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    No.

On top of that you can tell it's not 11's Tardis because the windows don't have the white trim.

[​IMG]

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It's 10's Tardis, so I'd guess it's definitely not the "half-human" Ten... unless that cut scene where 10 gives him a piece of the Tardis to grow into a new one is canon.

8. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    The suit is the key. Ten's TARDIS could be there for any number of reasons, but it would be really really odd for 10.5 to be wearing 10's suit. This image certainly doesn't rule out 10.5 appearing, but it does rule in 10 himself.

EDIT: Here's where the image was first posted. Spoilers, I guess. The page has since been updated with a photo gallery. I really only have one thing to say... I am super-envious of those people who got signatures and indeed only saw the pair of them together.

Mar17swgirl, Admiral Volshe and V-2 like this.
  9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I can't imagine even seeing the pair of them together.... unless I picture them on stage together for a 50th panel at Comic Con this summer. That I can picture. Please?Oh pretty, pretty please? [face_praying]

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    So we're getting in line for that panel at midnight, yes?

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    BROWN SUIT! A FULL PHOTO OF THE BROWN SUIT!!!! *FLAILY*

Okay, I've calmed down now.

I wonder who the gray haired gentleman is walking with the Zygon?

halibut re: the location photos. I am kinda stumped on them. I wanna say the first one s either stood in for Downing St in The Aliens of London/World War Three or for Venice in The Vamires of Venice. The second one I want to say The Idiot's Lantern . Like you said they are tricky.

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Nah, I mean I've never done that because I have insomnia plus a bad back and I can't just sleep outside on the sidewalk. I actually have to get a bit of proper sleep back at my friend's house. What I usually do is leave the con about 7, go eat something, sleep from 9 to 3 or so, then come back and get in line around 3:30 or 4. Before this was adequate to get up into the front section by the time the panel started. If Tennant is there too it's obviously going to be more crowded...

I only really care about getting in, though. And preferably being close enough that I can actually see people on the stage. But I'm definitely not someone who needs to be right up in the front couple rows. It doesn't matter to me if I'm in the 2nd or 12th row, really. I don't really get the point of that. I'm not sure I actually want to be up where screaming fangirl types would be, because I'd probably just kill them :p But I absolutely want to see and hear from Tennant and Smith together if possible. It would make me really happy to see David in person, but mostly for the content and the experience at least.

But yeah I do acknowledge, if Tennant's going to be there AND it's actually listed ahead of time that he will be... it might be more wise to sleep at like 8 and get there at more like 2. Just a bit earlier.

13. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

I know everyone else is getting super excited about Tennant but IT'S JOHN HURT!!! :D I can't wait to see him in Doctor Who.

Admiral Volshe and V-2 like this.
  14. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Random crazy thought:
    You know, that leather jacket John Hurt is wearing looks suspiciously like Nine's, only more worn... [face_thinking]

15. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    There's a good resemblance. Perhaps a mite too long? Although Eccleston is probably a little taller than Hurt.

16. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    They are both from The Unquiet Dead. The first is the outside of the funeral home, and the second is the road that the horsies come down - used twice in the episode. The Milliner sign is quite prominent in the episode :)

17. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    solojones likes this.
  18. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

OMG OMG AN M. C. ESCHERESQUE TARDIS INTERIOR!!! :D :D :D [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] *nerdgasm* *geekgasm* *mathgasm* *incoherent squeeing and flailing*

Everton and Chewgumma like this.
  19. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    You forgot these ones Mar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:p

20. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Sorry, I was busy nerdgasming... :p

21. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Isn't MC Escher kind of....I dunno....obvious?

I still like it though.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    YES! I'm so happy about this. I've been really hoping his music from the past couple years could get the Proms treatment.

23. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    But...the photoshop is so bad it's painful. Prevents my fanboying. Look at his hands! Look at them!

V-2 likes this.
  24. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I know, I know, but...
    ESCHERESQUE STAIRS ZOMG!!! :D :D :D =P~=P~=P~

25. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    But his hands! And...everything else. It's just so badly executed. :(
    I want a proper one, BBC! Do what you're going for properly, and do it right quick, do you hear?!?
    :p