main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Actually that reminds me, I updated my roster but forgot to put her on it. She was being assigned to the Concordia Crusaders anyway. I have no plans for her beyond development as a player and potential trade bait.

EDIT: Ok that's done. My roster for the season is finalized (barring injuries and trades of course), should get in a season introductory post by Friday!

[​IMG]

2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Per RPF Rules: Non-Human/Non-Human - acceptable; Human/Non-Human - only acceptable if non-human is a humanoid.

By RPF Rules Bothan/Twi'lek is ok... there are half-bothans.

RPF Rules -Allowable Content

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Thanks CPL_Macja, good to have the original link.

And I said don't quote me on that, yet right there you quoted me on it. :p

4. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I only do that when responding from my phone in case I get ninja'd :p

5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    D-League opening post and schedule is up, along with a rules post in the library thread.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The Kamino Waves? And they play the Crusaders in the first game? Oh the potential drama.

I approve. [face_devil]

Thank the Manda they play at Concordia, this year.

[​IMG]

7. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    The Waves were simply the first NPC PLL team I saw when going through the list. As for the schedule, except for putting only non-conference games in the first two weeks and one non-conference game per week thereafter, the schedule for this season is completely random courtesy of http://www.random.org/.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    It looks like I may not be the only one to care about the development team anymore.

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    They are a good place to stick my extra draftees that I have no room for on my team. :p

[​IMG]

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'm curious how much of a change this will have on us using our development teams/telling their story.

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I wasn't going to use them much, but I probably will from time to time now. It was the addition of Kamino to the mix got me thinking about it, especially for week one.

[​IMG]

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I've always tried to keep Thyferra in my story as a minor player, but it sounds as if I may have to make more of a story for them now. :p

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    In some ways it's like getting to run a whole new team to write storylines for. Then the epicness comes when someone links the storylines of their two teams in some way...

[​IMG]

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    One team is enough for me, hence the Miners aren't participating. However, I am now quite intrigued by Random.com's potential as a future dice roller. How did you do the schedule through them, jcgoble3? I'm curious to know in case I want to use it in the future.

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Very manually. :p Basically, I:
    1. Made a list of the teams in each conference, then created a list of all 10 conference games for each conference.
    2. In the original list of each conference, assigned each team a number from 1 to 5.
    3. Used the Integer Generator to produce a large series of integers between 1 and 5, then starting from the top of the list, took three numbers at a time, selected the corresponding teams from one conference, and paired each set with teams from the other conference in numerical order to create the list of non-conference matchups. Numbers that would produce duplicate matchups or otherwise impossible scenarios, such as a team with too many games, were simply ignored and skipped. At some point matchups began to be forced to avoid impossible scenarios, so I kept my eye out for those and simply assigned matchups directly when no other legal option was present.
    4. At this point I have the list of games, but not which week each game is in or which team is home or away.
    5. Working with the non-conference schedule, sorted the list by the teams in one conference, then for each block of three games for one team in that conference, used the Sequence Generator to produce the numbers 1, 2, and 3 in random order.
    6. Starting at the top of the non-conference list, assigned weeks to each block of three games based on the random sequence, top to bottom on both the sequence and the list. 1 or 2 caused a game to be assigned to Week 1 or Week 2 respectively, while 3 caused the game to be mixed in with conference play.
    7. For the Week 1 and Week 2 games, used the coin flipper to decide home or away for the Week 1 games, one at a time. Heads gave home field to the team I had listed first, tails to the team listed second. One eye was kept out to ensure that two teams that played each other in Week 2 did not get both home or both away in Week 1, to ensure that each team received one home game and one away game to start the season.
    8. Week 2 home fields were then assigned directly to be the opposite of Week 1.
    9. Going to the conference games, put all four games for one team together and use the coin flipper to assign home and away, same as in step 7, until the team has been assigned either two home or two away games; the rest were then assigned directly to even out home and away. Repeat for each team, taking previous home and away assignments into consideration and being careful at not to give a team three home or three away games.
    10. Using the Integer Generator, select two games without duplicate teams from one conference, add the remaining non-conference game involving the odd team out from that conference, and then generate random numbers until it produced two games from the other conference involving the remaining four teams. Those five games would be removed from the lists and assigned to Week 3. Repeat for each week until all weeks have been filled; as with step 3, at some point options began to be forced to prevent a teams from being assigned two games in one week.
    11. Finally, assign each game within each week a number from 1 to 5, and use the Sequence Generator to produce the numbers 1 to 5 in random order for each week. The games for that week would then be rearranged in the order specified (this determines what order the scores are generated in).
    So not at all simple, but it worked for me.

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    ...I think I'm going to stick with my way. [face_laugh]

Thanks though! Much appreciated!

CPL_Macja and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    If anyone cares about such things, I posted the program I'm going to be using to roll scores on the wiki.

Program: http://limmierpg.wikia.com/wiki/User:Master_Jonathan/generator.lua

Data file that it reads from: http://limmierpg.wikia.com/wiki/User:Master_Jonathan/data.lua

Also, on the off chance that anyone reading this is good with Lua and willing to help debug, I've got a bug in the program right now where head-to-head results are not calculated and are left at zero, even if both overall record and conference record are tied and the tied teams have played each other, and I can't find the bug. No error message is thrown; it simply doesn't calculate head-to-head. To quote Jar Jar Binks, "Any hep here would be hot."

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    On the list of things I thought I would see in connection to the ELL game, Jar Jar Binks being quoted was not even on the list. Like not even #784,215 on the list. That is truly hilarious.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    *rethinks idea of an all Gungan team*

[​IMG]

20. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    jcgoble3 I'll take a stab at it when I get home

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Thanks. :)

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I would almost be willing to pay to see an all Gungan team. Especially if it were the Mercs.

"Mesa a Merc now! Mesa gonna score all the goals!"

We all know who would be elected team captain though, right? Roos Tarpals VII. Captain Tarpals to the rest of you. :p

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Don't give Bardan any ideas. He would godmode like crazy if you gave him the chance to do that. ;)

(Coming from the guy who created a superhero out of a typical guy through a training montage and who was a real out-of-luck loser socially, and yet somehow managed to make a Matrix-style fight sequence and fall off the side of a building and survive).

jcgoble3 likes this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Sadly the idea of a Gungan team had already occurred to me. I just didn't want to inflict that kind of horror upon you all.

[​IMG]