main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What role will Han Solo play in the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWars2015, Apr 18, 2013.

1. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    There are many paths Captain Solo could have taken after ROTJ, He could have stayed in the new Allianance, keep himself clean, helped wipe out the what remained of the Empire, worked his way up the command chain to command his own Fleet.........

Or

After years of staying on the right side of things, could have slipped back into his old rougish ways, started smuggleing again, prehaps got entangled in a couple of conspiracies that stripped him of his rank in the Allinance military, messed around with Bounty hunting himself to make ends meet, or just fell back in with a unsavory crowd.............

Of course we all know he married Leia and had Kids.............................I am just wondering how 30 years will have changed the Greatest Character in all the Star Wars Films..??

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  2. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    If he ends up outranking Lando I'm calling bullcrap. I can see Han putting in the work to make Admiral.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I can't see him spiraling back into the life of a criminal. At this point, I think he would be beyond that...unless of course there is some kind of tragedy in his life that causes him to regress (such as the death of Leia, Chewie or someone else close to him).

But yeah, I think he will remain the respectable type, whether that be with the Alliance military or some other venture. I've said this several times before in other threads, but I always thought it would be interesting to see him as the head of his own shipping company. It's a good way for him to remain involved without holding an actual military rank (something I can see him getting bored of after a while).

4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I totally agree here and actually made this kind of argument in another thread about Solo during the ST. IMO what defined Han was the Empire. People like him had no enfranchisement -- he was an ex-Imp after all -- and had to turn to a life of crime to survive NOT becuase he loved it. Han always represented more than just a criminal or a rogue to me, but the rugged individualist, the maverick who once made this country great. So Han was forced to use his cunning and his wits to survive the oppression.

Once the Empire was largely defeated, and NOT completely I don't think, Han became part of the Rebel Alliance fully. He was a General during the battle of Endor. I just don't see any other way that he would not have supported Luke and Leia in trying to reestablish the Republic. Therefore the most likely scenario IMO is that he stayed a General or advanced to Admiral.

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Well-said Echo 7, but Admiral is not a promotion from General :p

6. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I don't see how Han wearing make-up will add to the story...

7. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I'd like to see Han remain a general. I like him on the ground, commanding his troops. He could be an admiral, but the odds of him leading his troops personally would decrees because he'd be stuck on a big capital ship.

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    General, Admiral, or Supreme Chancellor, he'll ALWAYS be a scoundrel. :)

9. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Beat me to it. [face_rofl]

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  10. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    I definitely don't want Han to regress back to being a smuggler!

Echo-07 likes this.
  11. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    I don't think he would fall back into his old ways now with Leia. I imagine he will be an Admiral in Ep 7.

12. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    for some reason Im thinking we will first see Han again, lost and Drunk in some Cantina on a far removed fringe planet somewhere out in the back corner of the Galaxy,............depressed and out of the game until events in the Galaxy or prehaps his own children track him down and bring him back into the fight depending on what that fight actually is ???

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't want Han to be 100% respectable. I want to still have smuggler moments. Maybe pick up a youth and train him to eventually take over the Falcon when Han dies.

Echo-07 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Alliance military, definitely.

He wouldn't go back to being a smuggler. He wouldn't have any reason to do so.

Even he got depressed and started drinking too much, it wouldn't happen; he wouldn't have the energy at that point for smuggling.

15. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    It would be Awsome to redo the "Han Shoots first" Moment by having Solo blast some idiot who attempts to track him or confront him in the movie..............

Episode Swag and Darth Archimage like this.
  16. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm sure Disney/Arndt would be like "He's a smuggler for life."

17. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    General or Admiral. I mean really if the Rebel Alliance is running the show, there is no reason for Han to be running around smuggling. Leia is probably going to be involved in government so Han is going to have to be on the respectable side.

18. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I doubt that... I could see 'em saying "He's a scoundrel for life", but not a smuggler. That'd kinda negate the character arc he had. They've got the spin-off films to focus on a younger Han if it's a smuggler they want.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Should Han Solo be a Admiral, or be a aged Rouge in the new Story....

If the only options are Admiral or an aged French red... I suppose he would make a fine aged French red.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I prefer him a bit dry, more of a pinot noir than a rouge.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Lando will use a bottle of aged Han to score with the ladies...

22. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Either a General or an Admiral. Don't have him just be a old smuggler who flies around in the Millennium Falcon.

23. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Given that he's already a General, he wouldn't be an Admiral.

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    The ranks in Star Wars are already messed up, so I don't think it'll matter. :p

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    The titles you are discussing aren't even options. Our choices were: A. Admiral or B. Aged French wine.