main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info New movie every summer beginning 2015 confirmed.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, Apr 17, 2013.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    You've obviously not had chocolate every day. =P~

Thing is, it's not gonna be the same song played over and over again. It's gonna be a new song by our favourite band coming out every year. There's big difference.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, good chocolate, too. And a good band.

3. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    And on that note, Christmas christmas has been coming every year for quite a few centuries, and most people still seem to like it. =)

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [face_laugh]

EDIT:
    Then again, I don't think I want Star Wars christmas every year either:
    [​IMG]

5. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    This is Disney:

[​IMG]

6. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    And like Homer, Hell is no match for my appetite!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I've made this comparison myself, and I stand by it. I also have a birthday every year, and I'm kinda fond of the tradition.

8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Mmmmm, Star Wars.

Darth_Pevra and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  9. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    Still feels like I'm dreaming

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    LOLZ at nerds who watch their Star Wars box set over and over and over again on a near-weekly basis complaining that once per year there will be a Star Wars film that they don't have memorized verbatim...

11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I love the fact we’re going to be getting more Star Wars. I really do. I actually find the idea of spin-offs more intriguing than the ST. Never thought I'd be saying that. However, as I’ve said before, I just don’t agree with the apparent release schedule. I think the ST should get all the focus first and foremost. It’s a brand new Star Wars trilogy. I just think this release schedule is too distracting. Episode 7, then an unrelated spin-off, then Episode 8, then another spin-off and so on? That was my worst fear when the spin-offs were officially announced. Looks like its going to happen. I’m excited, but also a little baffled.

12. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Wonderful news! But like I've said before I am more interested in the ST.

13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'll probably end up like I do with the novels and just see the stuff with X-Wing in the title. Or Ewok Adventure part 3. Midnight premiere for that one.

Darth Gumby likes this.
  14. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

Hellz yeah!

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  15. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    The cloud is the force.

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Disney is like a fat kid who can't wait to eat his bag of candy until there's nothing left but wrappers.

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  17. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Definitely. And I'm not joking either. Maybe give it to del Toro and let him transfer aspects of his lighter-hearted vision of The Hobbit to a new fairy tale on Endor.

18. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Well, to echo some others, this is overkill, pure & simple. During the days of the OT, we have SW films every 3 years from '77-'83, then a 16 year hiatus, then films every three years from '99 - '05. That was fine, and the more I think about this I wish the films had ended in '05. To have a film every year for 5-6 years will just cheapen & dilute the franchise, almost to the point where a new SW film will become a running joke instead of a rare thing to look forward to. Too much of a good thing is just that, i.e. too much...

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this sort of thing (to paraphrase Obi-wan from ANH ;) ). I know these films aren't being made for my generation, but for kids...

19. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah just like the original, ironic!

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  21. SionsBrother

SionsBrother Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 26, 2006
    This brings to mind Guided By Voices. Three albums last year, every single one kicked ass. And that's not even mentioning Robert Pollard's two solo albums. Both of those were rad, as well.

22. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I'm honestly fine with this. It's extremely doubtful they'll reach anywhere close to the success ratio of the OT, but even if 1/3 of the films are good, that's still 2 good new SW films to watch.

If the quality is anywhere near the Marvel films, I'd be very happy. The Avengers was the best of them, but I've enjoyed all the standalone films, maybe with the exception of Iron Man 2.

23. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Another question for the people thinking "this can only be a good thing": What about continuity and control? There's an over abundance of posts just on TFN about how EU/TV and the films conflict.

Now given what it takes to make a feature film (3 years, or in EP7's case, 2 1/2), to put out a film every year the schedule would have to go something like this:

January 2013 EP7 starts
    January 2014 Spinoff 1 starts (EP7 is still in production)
    January 2015 Spinoff 2 starts (EP7 and Spinoff 1 still in production)
    May 2015 EP7 is released (Spinoff 1 and 2 still in production)
    January 2016 EP8 is started (Spinoff 1 and 2 still in production)
    May 2016 Spinoff 1 is released (Spinoff 2 and EP8 still in production)
    January 2017 Spin off 3 is started (Spinoff 2 and EP8 still in production)
    May 2017 EP8 is released (Spinoff 2 and 3 still in production)
    January 2018 EP9 is started (Spinoff 2 and 3 still in production)
    May 2018 Spinoff 2 is released (Spinoff 3 and EP9 still in production)
    January 2019 Spin off 4 is started (Spinoff 3 and EP9 still in production)
    May 2019 EP9 released... etc etc etc..

Ok, I might have the years wrong for the ST films, but no matter how you slice it, at any given time, there will be THREE SW films in production at any one time.

Now seriously, even if you want to go out on a limb that these films will be "high quality", who the hell is controlling continuity? I think this is what people mean by "quality over quantity". This is the problem with mass producing films like this. IMO I think SW deserves that attention to detail we all want. I mean people threw a fit that the director was J.J. Abrams, but we are going to have probably 3 different directors at any one time. Will have Abrams lens flaring EP7 to death. Michael Bay will be blowing up everything in Spin off one. Woody Allen directing Spinoff two. I mean isn't it getting a little ridiculous? Everyone is really "ok" with this?

People have to stop being hypocrites. They bashed Lucas for doing such a bad job with the PT (in their opinion), but they are perfectly fine farming out 3 parallel stories at the same time to whomever? And the result will be "awesome"? Seriously?

It's simple math people, something has to give. You can't have perfect quality and continuity control, and pump out a film a year, since you have to be working on three films at the same time, non stop.

StarWarsVerses likes this.
  24. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    If you throw enough resources at it you can easily do it.

Think about it this way, it's probably all written already, the filming and FX are the easy parts and get easier/cheaper every day.

Sean Sinclair and SithStarSlayer like this.
  25. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Regardless of the schedule the continuity will probably be 99% better than it was for the EU.