main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit L-Canon -- or, Taking Matters Into Our Own Hands (Final Results Announced)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Shira_French_Cheese

Shira_French_Cheese Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2010
    They could always turn it into a Rambo II scenario where they get Barriss out of prison in order to go on a special mission. Not sure what the motivation behind it would be, though. So I guess I'm choosing A.

2. Darth_Culator

Darth_Culator Jedi Master star 2

Dec 10, 2005
    C, simply because it would be a predictable fix even if B had won earlier. (The Jedi medical plan has terrible mental health coverage.)

3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    A - 4
    B - 2
    C - 10

In typically maddening fashion, C is at least 2 votes away from consensus. Hilariously, if Sinre hadn't switched we'd be done. :p

Regarding the concerns people are raising--let's not forget how horribly misguided and politically compromised the RotS-era council already is. The best evidence of that is the arc in question, of course, but even beyond that--these are the people who just stuck Depa in a tube and forgot about her. I actually like the Revan idea in particular because it lends itself to them at least considering what they might do about her. As for Yoda, post-RotS? No, I definitely don't see him going for it. Pre-RotS? Oh yeah. He was as flawed as the rest of them in those days.

Iron_lord, RC-1991 and Zorrixor like this.
  4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    And let's not forget, these are also the same people who use this:

[​IMG]

The Old Jedi Order were hypocrites, who said one thing, and did the other.

So I'm going to be kind and... although I still believe the cotton fiber conspiracy is the real explanation, and that this thread has been taken over by the cotton fiber mafia to cover up the truth... vote for C.

The only uneasiness I do have with C is how I'm surprised nobody thought to talk about it when dealing with Caedus if mind-wipes were still in "recent" memory, and not some ancient practice not seen since the Great Sith War, but that's a separate issue in itself, so I'm not going to hold that against the possibility of the Revan Solution having been used in the Clone Wars.

5. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Given what an idiotic mistake it would have been, I can see Yoda going out of his way to bury it during the dark times--or at least, not telling Luke how to do it.

Iron_lord and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Is this the same Yoda who still found the time to tell Luke about the day his dad had a dream about some place where he fought magical beasts? :p

7. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    He was drunk. On......roots.

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    o_O Oh come on, this is Yoda we're talking about. He was kind of a snake back in the day.

Yoda was in on the Quinlan Vos plan. And the way they played Kolar and K'Kruhk was pure evil, same as they played Anakin in the Hardeen arc. Of course, Yoda played good cop to Windu's bad cop, as always (and Tholme convinced them), but leaning on your cane with a grave expression on your face doesn't make up for going along with this shameful black ops $-!#% in the first place. I'm sure he played good cop in option C as well. But remember that Yoda always goes along with Windu when it's time to do something shady.

Zorrixor likes this.
  9. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    And, I mean, we probably all agree that the Ahsoka/Barris story was poorly done, but taken at face value, they were pretty huge dicks there too.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  10. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    You're making me think the Clone Jedi infiltrators I keep talking about weren't Separatists, but Yoda's spies inside the Order, and that he was the one who replaced Evan Piell with a clone to hide the truth that the Jedi were losing the war. :p

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  11. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Yeah, that too. Everyone was apologizing in the Council scene in The Wrong Jedi, and then Windu says, "This was actually your great trial."

What slimy piece of human trash says that to an innocent person they stabbed in the back and almost had executed? Well, Mace Windu does! The more he's used in the EU, the more I enjoy his screams in RotS.

All Yoda says, in a broken voice, is that she can come back.

Are you sure they weren't just... made of cotton or something? Would explain everything. :p

12. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    If Barriss is mindwiped, my theory is that it's only as a last resort to keep Palpatine and Tarkin from executing her. That would be more believable then them initiating it entirely on their own, and also explain why Mace and the Council are so angered by Palpatine meddling in Jedi affairs in ROTS (he already made them do things they didn't want to do).

Palpatine of course can then secretly videotape the mindwipe, show it to the Senate post-ROTS, and claim the Jedi have been doing it for centuries or whatever, to further turn the public against the Jedi.

13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Not bad...of course, C still needs one more vote to be official... [face_whistling]

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    I'll swing to C if she goes on Altisian parole after the mindwipe AND as per A still all in the episode stays at face value however crazy it was. so? do I swing or not? deal's on the table folks!

A happened, C followed and B is the result! so much for democracy! Winner takes them all :cool:

15. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Cease your wailing, people of Lit! I vote for C. That should be enough for you.

This would actually be a very interesting view to the Council. Who thought about the plan? Who were opposed to it? What does Aayla think about Barriss during the Evasive Action? Did it really work? I really want to read the webcomic now to look for hidden clues.

16. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Don't you see that this is the perfect opportunity to put the final nail in the democratic coffin?

With only one vote needed, you declare C the winner, making a mockery of the democratic procedure, and paving the way for the glorious monarchic future. [face_devil]

17. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    One man, one vote. I'm the man, and I have the vote.

18. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Oh. Then it's over.

=D= <Thunderous applause> =D=

19. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Thank you, thank you. I shall be a benevolent ruler. CooperTFN can walk free unless he's planning to start a rebellion. I'm sure he would tell me if he did.

Next on schedule: The Prophets of the Dark Side in GotDV series are the real Prophets, the other appearances are imposters. Voting begins now.

I support.

Voting ends now.

Next I will drink expensive drinks and walk around the topic and put people on their ease. Starkeiller, how has your day been? Yeah. Yeah. Jolly good. I think it's time for a royal nap.

BigAl6ft6, RC-1991 and Zorrixor like this.
  20. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Oh, $#!%.

I Plagueised myself, didn't I?

[face_plain][face_plain][face_plain][face_plain]

21. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Not yet. There's one important thing that needs to be done first...

You have to get drunk! [face_party] Have an expensive drink. Then you can write my victory speech and go to sleep, only to wake up...
    the next morning into another great day as my loyal subject!

I have decided that we have to re-industrialize this topic to create sentient clothes. I see from the records that the process started under Cooper's rule, but it didn't go far because of silly democracy. Now who wants to be the Minister of Sentient Clothes? Remember that it's also responsible for defense against the cotton threat and the Cad Bane topic. They are planning an invasion, I'm sure of it.

22. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    %&#^ this, I'm starting a Rebellion.

:p

23. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    You can't! I only took control of this thread because of the extra-topical menace! It's real, people! L-Canon retcons were actually evil, I saved the thread!

Fine, then, let's play dirty. I built a superweapon that shoots retcons. Bam, Alderaan became a colony world of Zeltros. And the galaxy is better for it.

24. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

you Sir just stumbled upon the question for the next century: Is Cad Bane a Duros or just a slave to his Hats fiber mind!!! He is the leader of the Cottonverse!

Besides.. Hats are just the obvious threat... imagine what evil boots can do... or worse... EVIL UNDERWEAR... lets get rid of them all asap!!! *looks around* Ladies first of course.. I am a gentleman :p

and hereby I vote myself to Minister of Sentient Clothes!

PS: just look at the Yuuzhan Vong clothes.. they eat you alive oozing into all your skin's pores... yikes. And even worse... they are pink!!!

25. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    PS: It is still in the open if I swing to C.. so folks, accept my above altisian parole after mindrape deal or leave it. it's up to you