main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book Character Draft ReduX [Ed: That's #10 for those keeping score]

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I thought it was cool that Minch had so much on Ganthet, still think that is was a creative and amazing pick.

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I only have this to add: How does Despero defeat Ganthet?

It's a simple question really. I've shown Ganthet able to resist mind control. Physically? How? He takes on 50+ lanterns and survives a direct shot from Mogo. And again, with one hand and no ring.

The only way to defeat a Green Lantern is to sap their power or to break their will. Ganthet has iron clad will. Those scans show as much. And as a guardian, he has his guardian abilities as well, including teleportation. You saw examples of peak Ganthet calmly fighting Kilowog with one hand behind his back. And you saw him fighting with only one hand. Now, as to how Ganthet defeats Despero, are you sure there isn't a construct Ganthet could not make? Does Despero for example, need food? Does he need to breathe a certain atmosphere (I assume not). Can he be incinerated? We know he can be decapitated but it didn't kill him. We also know Ganthet is incredibly knowledgeable and the ring stores information. Despero has fought Guy and Hal. So there's bound to be information there in addition to anything Ganthet might know. Despero doesn't benefit much however as he's never fought a guardian.

But again, the question I ask is how does Despero beat Ganthet. Ganthet is immortal with the power of a Guardian of the Universe. He's pretty patient. This fight could very well last years. Who would fall then?

As to Marvel. I asked about scans of mind control without the deadly sins. Physically, he's outclassed and I don't deny it, but I haven't seen proof that Despero would just mentally turn him immediately given he fights Marvel physically in scans you posted. And Marvel probably could be taken out by Ganthet if he was forced to do so.

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Still posting from my phone for the rest of the week and don't feel like doing the extra work to post matches.

4. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Why the wait? Both you and Wang voted for Fate and Despero.

5. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    yeah, that's what i thought too. but maybe it's for suspense...

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Sorry, didn't see his vote on Fate. Ask, and ye shall recieve.

Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure (5) Vs. Mad Men (1)
    Ill Will Hunting (2) Vs. Blowhard Busters (4)
    There Will Be Order (4) Vs. The Yak's Inferno (2)
    Mikaboshi's Heartbreak (3) Vs. The Green Marvels (3)

7! Riverdale!

X-Man vs. Black Adam trumped with Sinestro
    Zoom vs. Spawn
    Beta Ray Bill vs. Flash
    Wonder Woman trumped with Martian Manhunter vs. Mr. Fantastic/Dr. Doom (prep) (forfeit)

Two really good matches here. Have at it.

7. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Hmmm, 2 of those I know how I would vote. 1 of those is hard though.

8. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    X-Man's powerset means he should win. But he has a history of being stupid and losing fights he should win which played into why I didn't draft him high even though he's my boyfriend. Possible theatre if I have time.

Don't know enough about Spawn but for what it's worth I'd have voted Zoom over Doomsday.

Flash unless it's in a JLA book.

Strange.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Think this could potentially be a tough matchup for Spawn. Would like to see that one play out.

10. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    the speed force vs. the greenforce!!!

11. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    Spawn beat Urizen at his peak he took on all of heaven and hell and the same time. He also has reality manipulation, and telepathy. Zoom would pick up speed and punch him around, but won't KO him. Eventually spawn would get in his head. Also he has phasing, ghost powers, hypnosis... just too much of a power set.

12. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Well I am glad to see we have new matches because goodness... those last few pages of diarrhea of the post were getting harder and harder to read through, hell even skim through. All I could think of as I read was perfectly summed up by Peter Griffin.

Ohh well this is something. Horse Bill vs speed nerd in tights. Great! I get the feeling that I am the only one that isn't super chubbed up and high on speedsters here. Flash is so one dimensional to me but like I said I am sure it is just me. I still plan on launching a full Beta Ray Bill respect post sometime tonight or tomorrow.

13. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Glad we can still count on chim for useful comments...

Mikaboshi likes this.
  14. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    YOU GOT ME THERE. Good post.

EDIT: Numerous times I brought up the point of the scans some people post for these guys being older than dirt and no one seemed to care. IE Flash, Swamp Thing, etc

15. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Well normally I don't care, but when people say I don't read, I start to care.

Some cool Spawn feats:
    Highlights of Urizen fight
    http://imageshack.us/a/img274/51/spawn99069mh.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img488/3138/spawn99077hw.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img227/3579/spawn99091oz.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img15/6217/spawn99215lr.jpg
    Showing someone the faintest amount of hell:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img230/8196/page0075wp.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img236/5470/page0082lg.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img504/8229/page0094pn.jpg

I mean, I imagine Spawn going intangible and just laying the hell images on Zoom until his eyes bleed...

Also, Spawn can only die to decapitation or heaven weapons, so I have a hard time imagining zoom ripping his head off.

Spawn getting pissed and destroying all life on earth:
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Spawn163p032006eclipse-DCP.jpg
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Spawn163p042006eclipse-DCP.jpg
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Spawn163p062006eclipse-DCP.jpg

And yes, I'm sure Zoom could kill everyone on the planet, but this fast?

16. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    So nobody can verify if you read something that was posted or if you missed it? There is a difference between accusing and asking you know. :rolleyes:

17. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Seem less like verification but more like condescending attacking and scolding. The "stop" was unnecessary and it was far from a theory since I brought dates, EF also said the same thing, and further in the article you linked it also agreed with me.

My advice, lets drop it, but also let's stop making personal attacks on the board. I've tried to play within the spirit of the boards and not attack people but when people attack me and tell me to "stop trying to justify [my] theory and just go do the research" it calls for this. That was uncalled for, unnecessary, unhelpful, and not uncanny, it was JLA (just lousy arguments). Lets keep it on the comics, and not the gms.

18. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Argh, my phone is going crazy with the posting. I apologize.

19. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Stupid phone app not working right. Sorry for double post. Why can't we delete erroneous posts. Seems as if that would be a great feature.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  20. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    That isn't the way I posted it or intended it, sorry if it came across that way but all I was trying to do was ask if you had saw and read the link yet.

Next time just ask what I meant by something.

It wasn't until 3/4 of the way through the discussion that I realized we were talking about 2 different things. I honestly thought we were just talking about the cut off of what is considered pre and post crisis, didn't realize that you were debating for the purpose of determining what powers Despero had as that had already been decided.

Simple misunderstanding?[face_dunno]

Hokage_Kalar likes this.
  21. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    It's cool... we cool... :cool:

22. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I love you man. [:D]

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10