main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Oct 31, 2012.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am aware. If LFL commisioned me to write a book for them, believe me... even the most ardent EU supporters would have no problem denouncing some of my ideas because fans cannot seem to write subjectively.

EDIT: For the record, I love the Plagueis book.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe Sifo-Dyas was Padme this whole time.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't find it that big of a plot hole. A Jedi erases the planet Kamino from the archives and then Obi-Wan finds out that it was a Jedi who ordered the clone army without permission from the Senate or the Jedi Council giving him ample reason to erase the records. The Jedi didn't have much choice but to use the army after the Senate ordered it unless they want the separatists to attack without any kind of defense.

StoneRiver likes this.
  4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Labyrinth of Evil, we are told that Dooku erased the records after murdering Sifo-Dyas.

When does Yoda decide to report the army's existence to the Senate in the first place? My guess that it was after his trip to Kamino and meeting the cloners- and getting answers to the questions he had for them- he messaged Mace back from Kamino, and Mace sent the report to the Senate.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Things happen between films.

6. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I've always had a problem with that particular area of the saga, but I gotta say that's the most plausible reason I've ever heard

7. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Perhaps Padme was was Plagueis all along .. *g*

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe I was the Sith Lord they were looking for...

9. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I don't know if you guys have noticed, but its been a really, really long time that we've seen the "badass bigfoot" side of Chewie. He's always been played as an ironically lovable giant teddy bear, which is all good and fun, but where's the promise of sheer badassery that we were given in ANH?

I wanna see Chewie actually beat the snot out of some henchmen. I want to see him grab two people, one with each hand, and effortlessly bash their heads together. And PLEASE OH PLEASE, let us see him snap some henchmens neck, Steven Segal style. Nothing too scary, of course, but just enough to remind us why it's so important to let the wookie win.

Mav Edit: There is already a thread discussing Chewie but since this one is several pages I'm going to go ahead and merge it with that one.

Darth Swede, Dra--- and Echo-07 like this.
  10. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Chewie's going to be like 300 years old.

11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I concur with the OP.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    300 is nothing. And we need to actually see him pull someone's arms out of the sockets.

13. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    [​IMG]

Wookies don't age. That's just science.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  14. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Regardless, yes. I'd love to see Chewie rip off some limbs. If not on humans/aliens, then please at least on droids.

15. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Just as long as he's scared of the vacuum cleaner droid right after ;):p

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  16. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999

Last time we saw him he swung in on vine Tarzan-style, ripped two Imperials out of a scout-walker, and proceeded to lay waste to the Endor country-side. Pretty bad-ass behavior if you ask me. :cool:

FRAGWAGON and Echo-07 like this.
  17. Master-Luner

Master-Luner Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 30, 2012
    Chewbacca is very much both a badass that will beat up some henchman and rip off droid arms when he loses a game of holo chess but hes also a big hairy lovable Wookie.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I dunno, I think being squished between a moon and a planet might put a damper on Chewie kicking anyone's ass in EpVII ;)

19. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    That would be the last time in the chronology of the GFFA, but in reality we saw him for the last time helping Yoda escape from Kashyyyk in Episode III... unless you forgot that :eek:

20. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Chewie will be back and I'm sure he will kick some ass along with Han and of course Luke. I'm not guratanteeing that they will live throughout the ST, but IF they die they will go down with an EPIC amount of BADASSERY! :cool:

21. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'd rather Han finally relieve him of the life debt and now old Chewie lives a quiet and pacifistic life on Kashyyk.

22. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    Comedy relief moment where Chewie pulls Luke's artificial hand and it comes off, camera pans to Han "I told you - out of their sockets!"

When Luke mentions jedi and Yoda does Chewie just play dumb?

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Wait - no "Chewie died in the EU, so he can't be in the ST" posts yet? Man, you guys are SLACKING! :p

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    If Marvel Comics got anything right, it was Chewbacca. I loved when they made him pummel people from time to time.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Not if Episode VII takes place before then.