main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Jedi Path/Book of Sith

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mister_Master, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Has anyone else seen these two books? I have both of them and they are really cool. They are almost like journals and they have little marginal notes by different Jedi or Sith. Basically the idea behind the books, Luke found the two of these books deep in the Jedi Archives. He found them, read them, and left little notes of his own in them. They are pretty cool. I enjoy reading them because they also have history of the Jedi and Sith. The Book of Sith is a combination of different Sith Author. Bane writes part, Palpatine writes part. Both books are really cool. If you can get your hands on one I would recommend it.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think other people discovered them in the ruins of Byss, and sent them to Luke. But yes, they are very good.

3. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i have the book of sith on my amazon wishlist. even on amazon it is over $50

4. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    I'm planning on Book of Sith for my B-day... in October.

Already have The Jedi Path. Should make a nice set!

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    As I said in the other thread - recheck Amazon. The standalone hardcover is now available and it's quite a bit cheaper.

Dawud786 likes this.
  6. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    I ordered mine on Barnes&Noble site for 13.95 or something. They ship fast also.

I do agree both books are pretty awesome. I always enjoy guides and such that are not exactly a story but a in universe history.

7. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    They're like Essential Guides in that regard. These two books, combined with the previously released Essential Guide to the Force, really compliment each other well.

TychoCorde likes this.
  8. Master Mini 907

Master Mini 907 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2013
    I thought that the Jedi Path was cooler than the Book of Sith but that's just my opinion

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm hoping the third such set - the Bounty Hunter's Code box - will also be released as just the hardback - hopefully with the Craddosk booklet included in the back, as an appendix.

Contessa likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There's a deluxe edition set of both books due for Oct/Nov 2014 - I've got it preordered.

11. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Loved the book of sith, Haven't finished Jedi path yet. There is also the bounty hunter code that looks cool

12. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I love the deluxe editions and just started reading the Bounty Hunter Code. The deluxe editions feature "sealed" cases and artifacts. I love the little notes in the margins by various characters and the little extras to make the books look authentic like stressed pages and yellowing. Awesome set. Would love to see one for Rogue/Wraith Squadron some day.

13. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    I bought the Path of the Jedi ebook for four dollars last May 4th, on Amazon. I really loved the whole thing, and I loved how it kind of bridged the gap between the Old and New Jedi Orders, and how their thoughts differed. The Bounty Hunter Code looks cool, but the Sith have never interested me. I hope they keep making these, maybe one about smugglers and/or pilots?

14. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I saw pages of the Jedi Path posted online.
    I love the handwritten notes from the characters. I need to get these books.

15. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Wait wait wait. The Bounty Hunter Code? Never heard of that one.

I looked it up. Sounds fairly interesting. When will just the book itself be released?

16. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I have JP and BoS. You know, I think I'd love to see them or such a thing in the Sequel Trilogy.

I've heard of Bounty Hunter Code, but haven't got it or seen it in store for that matter.

17. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    I got the full set with the case and Cradossk's memoirs and everything off Amazon for $35 just recently. It was in the used section but when it came it was new. with even the book inserts in the original places. *Huge* discount compared to almost anywhere else, and great for all the little goodies.

18. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Maybe next we will get some sort of Pilot's Manual in a similar style.

19. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

I was actually hoping for an Imperial Senators guide.

mes520 and LelalMekha like this.
  20. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    That would be nice, but does it really have the same mass appeal as say a Pilot guidebook to the X-Wing, with comments from various Red, Gold, and Rogue squadron pilots?

21. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Course not, but it would still be nicer. ;)

LelalMekha likes this.
  22. Fleet Admiral Ardiff

Fleet Admiral Ardiff Jedi Knight

Feb 16, 2014
    I have to be honest and say that I got the Book of Sith solely for the works of Darth Sidious...

Worth it.

(plus it is very amusing to see the handwritten scribbles of some of our most (in)famous force users. And Vader has such elegant script...)

Darth Xalfrea likes this.
  23. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    I actually found Vader's handwriting to be preeeeeeeeety bad an illegible at times.

The funny thing is, considering his delicate situation, his lousy penmanship actually makes sense.

kecen likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    DarthJenari likes this.
  25. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011