main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Patton Oswalt fillabusters with his Ep. 7 proposal

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by BigAl6ft6, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Only because nobody has ever had the vision and cajones to take the idea seriously. The only times its really been done are in Saturday morning kids shows, a couple schlocky horror flicks, and a Godzilla movie.

If someone (such as Whedon, who already masterfully intertwined several franchises with Avengers) were to really invest themselves into creating a legitimate story that brought these two realities together, the result could be absolutely mind blowing.

However, like I said in my earlier post, I wouldn't want this to be one of the actual Star Wars episode, that would just be stupid. But if it was its own spinoff film, or even Avengers 3, I would be very, very interested.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    OMG! That was frickin funny.

You can also thank the writers of that show for stealing our material.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    That was all Patton Oswalt. It was an improved scene. A lot of that show is improved. It's a very good show

4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This is a great idea and hopefully Marvel can get the comic book license. If they do, somewhere along the lines we might get a cross over and really....why not. The ball game has changed, no longer is Lucasfilm, books, or arts or animation calling the shots. Everything it appears will go through Disney first, then trickle down to Lucasfilm. Igor the now the main dude and his people not Kennedy

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I doubt that was improvised. That was eight minutes. IF it was imrprovised it was based on some thoughts and/or discussions he had with writers. And I have no doubt the writers and maybe even himself have been lurking message boards like these reading the crazy ideas we've already been discussing.

This is a horrible idea and thankfully will never happen. It was funny when PO saidf it because it was completely crazy.

6. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I don't know what to tell you. It was an improvised, one continuous shot scene

7. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I see that its a continuous shot -- doesn't mean it was improvised. Even when they "improvise" for a show its usually based on ideas from the writers and as I said could have been ideas PO was already thinking about discussing based on websites like this. I HIGHLY doubt he showed up and just made all that crap up right on the spot.

8. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    It was an improvised scene, I don't know what else to tell you.

9. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Not mine... found on net
    [​IMG]

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Chewbacca's severed head on a robot body is going to become an internets meme, yay!

Son of a Bith likes this.
  11. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Found an even better Chewbacca Spider Droid pic

Disney please make a toy of this [face_praying]

[​IMG]

Son of a Bith likes this.
  12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Those franchises were already set up to be intertwined, though. They were always intended to be the same universe.

13. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Comedy yes. Ideas are good? no :)

14. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I just got it. They're making fun of us! LOL

15. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    its called "having a sense of humor".

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It's a great gag, true, and Oswalt makes it funnier by going to extremes with how badly the story is laid out, but things like this can be pulled off. You would just need someone to actually take a handle on it in a certain way. Sure, there are (probably many) fans who don't want to see a crossover but Disney does own both (now and most likely forever). And I sure as hell wanna see it! (I love me crossovers in anything) Heck when revenue for both Star Wars and Marvel start to trickle off, I can actually see this happening. But more than likely, in about 2 decades from now.

17. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

Did u actually take my post serious?

-C