main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Ahmed Best Stars In Wendy's Commercial

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Narutakikun, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Boy, playing Jar-Jar sure did wonders for that dude's career...

2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Terence Stamp flew halfway around the world to go to Wendy's and his fries were cold.

3. StarWarsVerses

StarWarsVerses Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 14, 2013
    Ooh, gooberfish.

4. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    The man is worth $3 million dollars (source: http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/ahmed-net-worth/). Get me cash like that and I'll star in however many Wendy's commercials you like. He's worth about as much as Carrie Fisher (she's worth $2.5 million -- source: http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/carrie-fisher-net-worth/) but I think they're both nicely settled into their careers and doing well. And, in the end, isn't that what really matters? Fame is overrated and Fisher (as the daughter of a famous couple) has always said as much.

Darth Chiznuk and Alexrd like this.
  5. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    My understanding is also that Ahmed Best is, or certainly was, vegetarian. I know actors play roles, but it's kinda sad when they promote -- and profit from -- dietary lifestyles that they themselves don't follow. Once again, fast food: 1, sane and healthy living: 0.

Anyway, as usual, ezekiel and StarWarsVerses have this thread, in the, er, (recycled) bag? But good post there, PH. Even rich people like to get richer. "Greed can be a powerful ally".

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    I hate to have to say this, but $3 million really isn't all that much to be worth anymore. I mean, we're at a point now where you need at least a million dollars as a retirement nest egg if you want to live comfortably. Also, if that's net worth, it includes your house, and even a small house in a nice part of the greater LA area is going to account for a pretty significant chunk of that.

7. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    $3 million may not be "all that much" anymore (although, I think most people would consider it quite a bit of money, to say the least, given that the median net worth of the average American family is $57,000), but it's still $500,000 dollars more than $2.5 million. And Ahmed Best is also quite a bit younger than Carrie Fisher, so he has a good few more years to build up that "retirement nest egg." Yet, I don't see you commenting on how playing Leia did "wonders" for her career. Just sayin'.

Darth Chiznuk and Alexrd like this.
  8. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Well, she didn't do a whole lot after Star Wars either, did she? Quick, name a Carrie Fisher movie that isn't Star Wars - without looking at IMDB. Not so easy. Other than her two-minute cameo in the Blues Brothers, I couldn't think of one at all. You could probably have said the same about Mark Hamill, were it not for his later-career revival as an animation voice actor. Harrison Ford is an exception - other than that, Star Wars tends not to be a star-making experience. There are some actors who were in it who are still doing well, but most of them - Ewan MacGregor, Liam Neeson, James Earl Jones, and Natalie Portman, for example - had well-established careers before Star Wars.

Also, Carrie Fisher's career and money issues (and life issues, actually) are largely self-inflicted. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Anyhow, a net worth of $3 million certainly isn't poverty, but that's not exactly a lifestyle to have Robin Leach come and yell about either. It's a solid upper-middle-class net worth, but that's all it is.

9. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The Burbs! Fisher, Feldman, and Hanks is the true Big Three.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  10. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    Hannah and her Sisters. She's had more of a career as a writer than an actress since SW.

11. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Ahmed Best is worth $3 million? Voice acting in The Clone Wars must pay pretty well.

12. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I'll only watch it if he's removed via a crappy fan edit.

13. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    After destroying what seemed to be an indestructible movie franchise, he now sets his sight on a new target.........................

14. bibfortuitous

bibfortuitous Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 2000
    You're all funny.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    What "wonders" were you expecting anyway?

16. SlashMan

Feb 5, 2012
    In all seriousness, Lucas spotted him at a Stomp performance and liked his mannerisms. He wasn't seeking out a prolific A-list actor for the part. But after looking at his credits, Star Wars did get the ball rolling on his acting career in film. I don't expect playing Jar Jar to turn him into a huge star, but he's certainly not doing poorly.

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Actually, it wasn't Lucas but the casting director at the time.

18. SlashMan

Feb 5, 2012
    My bad, but the fact still remains that he wasn't a big name at the time.

Alexrd likes this.
  19. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    That would have been a better choice for Jar Jar.

-or-

Messa tinkin meesa knowin what yousa got, meesa tinkin meesa knowin wat yousa got. While wearing a bicycle helmet with googlie eyes on it

20. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Of course, we don't know how Ahmad Best spends his money...

21. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    And really who cares if he's a vegetarian? Actors don't get paid for their opinions. I love that commercial anad didn't even know that was him. Good actors leave their personal issues at home. I'm sure Leo doesn't hate black people but you sure couldn't tell in DJango Unchained. Actors pretend be who they are not. This is why I like Neil Patrick Harris so much, he is gay but doesn't act righteous and wear a " badge", he's a great funny actor. What is going on in his personal life doesn't matter onscreen to the audience..

22. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm more bothered by the new Wendy's logo font and this commercial looking and sounding like something McDonald's would make. That little tinkling of the piano at the end sounded like McDonald's WAY overdue for a change "I'm lovin' it" music.
    What would Dave Thomas say?
    Wendy's just isn't what I fondly remember it being in the early '80s when it had beads hanging near the doors and old Sears catalog-like print on the countertops. I went there for a Frosty recently and was almost appalled to find it was delivered in a plastic bubble-top cup.

23. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    Well, she didn't do a whole lot after Star Wars either, did she? Quick, name a Carrie Fisher movie that isn't Star Wars - without looking at IMDB. Not so easy. Other than her two-minute cameo in the Blues Brothers, I couldn't think of one at all. #
    ---

the burbs

drop dead fred

not that hard :p

Edit: crap, someone else mentioned the burbs, oh well :p

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He's still making the moneys which is always good.

25. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    If someone asked me to do a quick commercial to make that kind of money, I'd do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.