main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Clone Wars Episodes with Space Battles

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I would have also have liked to have seen more of the dark side of Space rather than how ships almost always seem to jump out of hyperspace and fly toward the serene disc of a planet. I'd have like some planets around violent stars. Maybe a space battle inside a nebula or with a blackhole looming in the background.

2. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013

Wouldn't that make it too much like Star Trek?

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I get what Seerow is saying I think... These things needn't be major plot points, but something that's worth a mention, and then appears in the background in all it's glory, even if it's just scenery. Like a black hole slowly eating a star, with jets of radiation spewing from its poles (my avatar basically) or a neutron star spinning at 20,000 rpm or whatever.

Or... You could have a planetary evacuation, as some old high-mass star reaches the end of its life and rides the fusion cascade down to iron, at which point that whole star system is somewhere you don't wanna be.

4. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013

Star Wars VII: Galaxy Evasion:

Luke Skywalker uses the force to hold off the super nova giant stars before it can blow up to kill trillions of planets in the galaxy.

Luke flexes his jedi muscles like Samson in the Bible. He saves the day in self-sacrifice. No sith but giant dying stars that turn into black holes and worm holes and other scary things.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I recall in the NJO EU that Luke Skywalker was able to seize a micro-black hole created by the Yuuzhan Vong and cause it to devour itself out of existence using nothing but the Force itself. Pretty badass stuff right there. Wonder if we'll ever get to see Luke do anything of that magnitude in the upcoming ST films (assuming Hamil reprises his role, naturally). Of course, using the Force to hold off a supernova is another thing altogether, but I don't know if even Luke is capable of such a miraculous feat.

And wormholes aren't scary, silly. :p They are in fact quite wonderful, as they potentially could allow us to travel to other ends of the galaxy many light-years in an instant.

6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Those sound very awesome.

If TCW spent more time with the space battle over Lola Sayu and focused on the destroyed part of the planet then we could have had something close to what you describe.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Exactly. It shouldn't be considered copying Star Trek to show the true nature of space which isn't all that serene even on our own solar system. I also don't think it should be something like Star Wars meets volcano. Just the background in a space battle.

I thought Lola Sayu looked awesome. The planet falling apart, even if it was a wonder how folks were breathing on it.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow... It is Star Wars. I left my physics at the door. If men can survive 100s upon 100s of meters below sea level and there are creatures that live in outer space without air... then Lola Sayu seems like a normal thing. ;) :p

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Actually I don't find it impossible to think creatures might evolve to live in space since they can evolve to live almost anywhere else including in the deepest parts of the ocean and even in high radiation environments. The norm of needing to breath oxygen might not really apply to all alien life. I guess Lola Sayu is a normal thing in that galaxy.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  10. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The weird thing about Lola Sayu is that if a planet that had lost so much mass, the remainder should not retain its original shape... gravity should reconfigure the entirety of the remainder into a new, smaller sphere.

To be fair it's not just Star Wars that is guilty of this. The depiction of post-explosion Praxis (moon of Q'noS) in ST:TUC was guilty of the same error. There are a few others.

I'm pretty sure something similar is bound to have appeared in 40K at some point. It just seems like something that would turn up there...

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Space is rarely portrayed accurately in fiction, much less physics. I don't really get hung up on things like cracked planets.

12. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    And science-fiction is fiction so it's not supposed to be like in our world and it can be very different, what is real for our world can be something else in science-fiction.
    Concerning space/aerial battles, I love them but if they could have done just more episodes with space battles it would have been cool.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.