main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Alleged EpVII Title / leaked info: The Twin Suns

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Valkyrus, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Why not, exactly?

2. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    He's saying that - because Star Wars is "traditionally" a "boy" property - Disney would want some male main characters for the boys to "connect" to.

I disagree. Young boys were fine connecting with Ashoka. Plus, Star Wars is more than a "young boy" property. It's for everyone, and it should appeal to everyone.

3. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    Yes! If Star Wars is "traditionally" a boy property, I'm all for breaking tradition.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I have to say I wouldn't hate TTS as a title, it could be worse.

I just absolutely do not want to go back to Tatooine :p

Toonimator, Sitara and GGrievous like this.
  5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    EP7 Character: "It appears that the person is located on Tatooine, a desert world. We must go there."

[​IMG]

6. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    lol I'd be SHOCKED if they didn't go back to Tatooine.

7. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Defiantly BS, if it's real which I pray it isn't the movie would be awful.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Eh, I don't know. I'm an uncle, as well as a father, and my nephews never seemed to get into Ahsoka, but loved Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace, Rex and Yoda. Is that because Ahsoka is a girl? No idea, but it is what it is. It's just that sweeping statements are a dangerous thing. Some boys were fine 'connecting' with Ahsoka, where others did not.

One thing that is crystal clear, though, is that a lot of boys prefer to have a 'guy' to emulate. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's no different than the girls who liked to pretend they could be like Leia, Padme or Ahsoka.

After all, if someone said they want female main characters in Episode VII for the girls to "connect" to, would it be fair to say "I disagree. Young girls were fine connecting with Han."? If, as you say, Star Wars truly is to truly appeal to 'everyone,' then of course Disney would have every reason to be sure to include male lead characters for the 'boys to "connect" to,' as well. It works both ways.

9. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Coruscant
    Quinlan vos
    Kashyyk
    Sith and the rule of two?
    General Grievous

Those are just off the top of my head...

10. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Coruscant - Only the name originates from the EU as Lucas was persuaded to use it.
    Kashyyk - Kashyyyk does not originate from the EU
    Sith and the rule of two? - Does not originate from the EU
    General Grievous - Does not originate from the EU

11. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Your argument for Coruscant doesn't carry any weight. Coruscant was established as the capital in Bantam-era EU

Kashyyyk was introduced in the Star Wars holiday special...

Sith was used in novelisation of ANH and defined further in the EU. Rule of two established in universe by the tales of the Jedi stuff. First mentioned in TPM.

General Grievous first appeared in the clone wars cartoons and his wounds suffered in that series were replicated on screen in ROTS (his cough). His origin was also dealt with in the comics...

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I cannot see this being real. Yes, the EU will be altered but Disney would not seek to destroy it all. Plus, EPVII was kept secret a year before the Disney buy-out; leaks are likely to be impossible - all scripts would be documented to ensure it doesn't happen. The consequences for leaking info are pretty draconian. Micky's influence within the movie industry is enough to put people off leaking scripts and plot briefs.

13. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    I highy think the title wont be released until late next year at the soonest

14. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    The idea for Coruscant came from the pre-production of ROTJ for which the Imperial capital was designed as an ecumenopolis. Only the name came from the EU.

George Lucas developed Kashyyyk as he was writing the original Star Wars movie.

Sith was used in almost every early SW-draft.

Grievous was developed for ROTS, so I really don't understand your argument here. Grievous wasn't "copied" from the EU.

15. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    I consider 'PT' to be the movies of the prequel trilogy, not concepts that weren't utilised in any of the movies that were developed later in EU works (such as those described in my earlier posts).

Everything I mentioned was a concept which the EU turned into something real, simple as that.

16. Darth Swede

Darth Swede Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    Although this could be (and probably is) total BS, I like some of the concepts, like "Avonis shipyard" and "Death Star debris". Not bad for a little fur ball!

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  17. jnrssa

jnrssa Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    Find this hard to believe but if it is legit hey ho something new right?

18. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Most likely. There's way too many "nods" (read: ripoffs) of other Saga scenes, and I think Lucas was quite careful not to do that when writing the PT.

However, reading a description of, say, TPM, hardly leaves one breathless with anticipation. :p

Taxation of trade routes? 8 year old boy driving race cars?

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  19. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    As soon as I read '...taxation of trade routes...' I exclaimed to myself "This is gonna be good." :p

20. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    I totally see what happened! Ventress was disappointed with both Nightsisters and Sith, so she with Ahsoka founded Order of Twin suns, from the both Light and the Dark side. Ahsoka, being the first Light oriented "Darth" didn´t get a fancy nickname! Also, very word "Darth" means "Sun" from the language of ancestors of Wookiees hailing from Chupacabra system.

Seriously though, I don´t believe this although it evokes "Son of Suns", title from the unused Journal of the Whills notes.
    EDIT: I just realized there is that Dark/White circle logo on the page. Or is that something universal?

21. Darth_Panicius

Darth_Panicius Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 7, 2013
    Shall we clarify something first.

ALL EU material had to be authorised by Lucas/Lucasfilm before published so that it was consistent with his universe.

As Lucas is staying on the production as Creative Consultant, I cannot see that the EU, which Lucas had to okay first, would be totally disregarded. I would imagine that names, characters, etc. would be consistent throughout.

DarthRelaxus and Vastor like this.
  22. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I really hope Luke would not actually be a HERMIT on DAGOBAH...why would he want to live on a planet without food that a HUMAN can survive on? Yoda didn't mind eating swamp stew for 20+ years...he's a Prog (the son of Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog). I have a nephew who is really starting to get into star wars at the age of 6...he'll be 8 when Episode 7 comes out....the movie just needs to have Tie Fighters for him to be happy.

23. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Even though I highly doubt the legitimacy of all this, I have to say I like the ideas. The Twin Suns is a cool title, and Darth Khaaos is a clever anagram for Ahsoka if that's who it's supposed to be.

Also, I remember having a film magazine in the pre-TPM days which described a rumor that Natalie Portman's character would be named "Thenna." If that's a name that Lucas ever actually threw around back then, I could definitely see a variation of it (Thena) resurfacing in the ST.

24. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012

The Twin Suns is certainly a better title than The Phantom Menace but The Twin Suns is not a great title that most people would like ........

25. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012

There's no rime nor reason to why Luke would be hiding like a hermit on Dagobah .....At least Obi-Wan and Yoda had a reason & yeah if Luke was going to hide out I think the last place would be Dagobah.....something like Endor would be better or another Green Planet as in find something normal to eat ........