main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    That would seem more like the Naboo Ducks, but only Trieste really knows the makeup of that team anymore.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    If Risca had not left and handed me the Mercs an all Gungan team was my next idea. Sad but true. [face_devil]

[​IMG]

3. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'd probably be the only player to actually think that was an ingenious idea. Why don't you just ditch the Mercs and do that? :p

4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Because I like writing the Mercs. I could only do the Gungan thing for a season or two before it would drive me nuts.

[​IMG]

5. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    In other news, tonight I am really hoping to watch some hockey and write my first Miners regular season post. This will give you guys an idea of what this season is going to be like on my end.

Hey, a sudden question occurs to me--@jcgoble3 has outlined some rules about posts and bonus rolls for Futures League teams. I'm not going to go to a tiered system like him...but should I count posts that deal primarily with a Futures League team for an Elite League team's bonus roll? I doubt that this is going to be an issue (since I think most people who would post about their Futures League team will also make it so that they're posting about their Elite League team), but I plan for the worst more often than not. ;)

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I would say no. If your post isn't featuring your Elite League team, it shouldn't really count for a bonus roll.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I agree with Gunny here, only ELL centered stuff should count towards ELL Bonus rolls.

[​IMG]

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Oh man...with that latest post by Jedi Gunny it's looking like the Hall of Fame might have a very full ballot for next year!

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yeah. I figured it was time to move on.

10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    CPL_Macja: Never mind on the bugfix. I had an "aha!" moment tonight while I was doing something totally different and fixed it in minutes (it was rookie misuse of the length operator :p). Of course, that uncovered a few other bugs, but those were easily fixed as well.

11. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Good because I was having trouble finding it myself :p

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Yesterday I was driving home and was thinking about Kerry Trieste and suddenly I was reminded of those collages of "this is what X thinks I do". So here's...

Kerry Trieste

[​IMG]
    What the Miners' players think she does

[​IMG]
    What her family thinks she does

[​IMG]
    What you think she does

[​IMG]
    What I think she does

[​IMG]
    What she actually does

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Trieste, how did you want Final bids submitted? In the game thread or by PM?

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say a post. Don't quote me on that, though.

And Trieste, that is amazingly accurate, I must say.

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    jcgoble3 Either works. I think that in game adds some nice flavor. If deciding between an in game bid and a PM bid, I would probably be more inclined towards the in game bid.

Jedi Gunny Thank you. This started because almost every time I hear "Let's Talk About Me" from the Muppets I think, "If I didn't like Kerry Trieste so darn much, I'd probably make this guy the owner of the Miners."

As it turned out, I pretty much made him my GM. :p

16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    OK, I'll throw together a bid for Euceron sometime today or tomorrow.

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Sorry been a busy week. Finally got in a post for the Mercs.

[​IMG]

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Season opener tomorrow! :D [face_party]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Looking forward to it. :D

[​IMG]

20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I forgot about the gambling. I'd think about returning to that, but Marte is no longer my character, and Zay is not the type to gamble (besides, he doesn't have anything to gamble with since Jedi don't receive salaries).

In other news, my Final bid is in. :D

And Trieste, while writing the bid, I thought of something critical that really should be in the library thread, but isn't: schedules. I think each season's post should have the complete schedule with game-by-game results, so that we can more easily check past game results or who our next few opponents are, or calculate potential head-to-head tiebreakers, without having to dig through the game thread. I'll set that up for the Futures League tomorrow after I post scores, but you should look into it for the Elite League. This is something that could (and probably should) be put on the wiki as well, but having the critical information here as well can't hurt.

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Agreed. I don't know how many times I've had to dig back in the thread at the end of the season to figure out who I played Week One or Two, so having the schedule available in a central location would be preferable.

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    YAY! The return of Bennet Halverson! :D

Quick question for jcgoble3 before I wade into the posting the season schedule debate--I think when I initially read that thought you were thinking that every time I post scores in the game thread, I'd post the entire season to date. For example, in week 3 I'd post not just week 3 scores, but those from weeks 1 and 2 together. However, you're advocating either:
    1. Posting in the library thread the entire season to date
    2. Putting it on a page in the Wiki
    Is that correct?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  23. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I am working on getting that info on the wiki

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    If it's a matter of posting every season's results to the Wiki, I have everything in Word documents. I can easily cut and paste to get the data there if that's the direction we'd like to head.

Also, can anyone say that it's a good day to be in the Solo Conference? Actually, today's results mean that for playoffs, the only impact this had for each conference is point differential standing. Since every team won, nobody got an edge. Conference schedules just became even more important--and they were already very important going into today's game!

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Wow . . . just . . . wow. That's a first for this game.