main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    I so need to get back into reading some of the SW books don't knwo where to start again.

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    We shall announce the winner for Ko Sai tomorrow. So if anyone has yet to vote do so soon :)

3. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    And the winner of the Ko Sai casting is........Kate Mulgrew!

[​IMG]

Commander_Ducky likes this.
  4. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
  5. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Su cuy'gar vod!

I once called you vod. I wish to have the honor to do that once more. If you will have me.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Su'cuy M_M glad to have you back!

[​IMG]

7. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Welcome back!

8. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    Welcome back Vod. I'm kind of new to this group still feeling it out and all. :p

9. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Woohoo! Exams are done, so I can once again return as a regular visitor to the realm of the internet. :D

Despite missing the latest voting/nominatin, Kate Mulgrew is definitely a solid pick for Ko Sai, so no complaints from me. ;) I wouldn't have thought of her myself, but I can't say she doesn't work.

10. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    I am confused about what is going on. :p

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    What confuses you M_M? The casting game or something else?

[​IMG]

12. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    The casting game.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's just a thing we do for fun. And for people like me who like to visualize what they read, it's easier if you have a preexisting actor to fill each role.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    What Todd said. :p

[​IMG]

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That said, I think Kate Mulgrew is a good choice, even though I didn't vote for her. I watched some clips of her from Dragon Age and liked her voice work there. I can easily see her as Ko Sai.

16. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    I see. So you are choosing actors for Mandalorian characters?

17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Seeing as this is the Mandalorian fan club, yeah. :p I haven't been around as long as others, but right now we're casting characters from the Republic Commando book series. I imagine we'll eventually do some from Legacy of the Force as well.

18. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    alright. I gottcha. So, have you cast people like Skirata? I think the Commandos themselves is kind of obvious who they are cast as.:p Or did you guys decide they should be someone else?

19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    We cast Ed Harris as Kal. I think Robimus has the full list somewhere, since he pretty much runs this. I have thought about the commandos, though, since although they look identical, most of them have distinct personalities, and it might be fun to match an actor to each personality.

20. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Minus our mosr recent winner, here is the list :) By all means though let us know of who you would have liked to see in those roles.

21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Y'know, I gotta ask. Why Jake Busey of all people for... well, anyone? Such a random choice, IMO.

22. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    I say that some of the woman could be better choices as they dont' look tuff enough, One must for a mando woman looks, tone and tuffness with brains.

23. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009

Because he's hilarious, that's why. Also, have you played Spec Ops: The Line? Jake Busey is in it and he plays a fantastically dark turn as the radioman. I was skeptical at first, but after he made that role work, I'm more or less convinced that he could play a deranged killer like Priest.

Of all the Mando choices we've had for ladies so far, the only one I really have an issue with is Etain herself. I just cannot see Emma Stone as her. She seemed more frumpy to me in the books. Arla and Rav look right, and the others were eye candy for all intents and purposes.

And Rob, I think you forgot Bessany on that list. We did her already.

Robimus likes this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  25. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    I have to say that I want to read all the Republic Commando but then I have heard mix on it not being as the creator of the mando had picture them to be.