main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -RebelScum-, Jan 3, 2006.

1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Wait, wasn't this pretty much where he was at in the books when he got his hand chopped off? He hasn't even picked up a sword with his left hand yet, he has to have gained back that experience first. Of course he's helpless now.

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Unlikely that anyone would know of that, since that will happen next season and the scripts have barely been turned in.

I'm annoyed they didn't reveal Ramsay. What the **** are they waiting for?

And Jamie is easily beatable with his non-dominant hand in the book too, especially at this point when he's near-delirious and close to dying. Am I the only one who remembers how he's so embarrassed by his lack of skill that he practices in secret with a man who literally cannot tell anyone about it?

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Guys. I'm talking about his fight with Brienne -- give me a flippin' break. Do you really see me complaining about him losing the fight in this episode? Really? The smack talk I'm talking about happened last episode too.

4. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Well sorry that immediately after the new episode we didn't presume you were talking about the old one.

:p

Darth Guy likes this.
  5. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I remember it being a draw in the book (because his hands were bound same as in the show), and they can't help if the actor is no good at swordfighting.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, Amidala could never tell you lot that you presume too much :p

Yeah, it's one thing for the actor sucking. It's another for them to make it obviously easy for Brienne, and for her to talk smack about how badly he sucked in the episode after (as opposed to the book, where she's astounded that he's fighting her to the limits of her abilities while being restrained and malnourished and beaten[/I].) One thing they can't help, but the other was a deliberate choice -- a choice emphasized by Locke later on where even he doesn't seem to think much of Jaime's abilities. The one thing everyone knows about him -- aside from his publically reviled lack of honor -- is that he is good at killing.

Ulicus and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  7. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Jaime makes a good point however I think by saying that he's been imprisoned for quite a while with little food or drink....I think everything notwithstanding he put up a pretty good fight.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I mean, I'm glad that he said that, because it at least underscored for people that he wasn't at his best... but still. Unhappy. But i'm not gonna keep harping on it. :p

I liked all the book references in this episode -- esp. the random Targaryens. Rhaenyra from the Dance of Dragons, Aerion from Dunk & Egg, and then of course Rhaenys and Aegon from the Sack.

9. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Did anyone get a little jarred by how frightening Catelyn became in Bran's dream? Michelle Fairley is going to nail UnCat.

10. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    They should've had Jamie do "The things I do for love" line and shove him. :p But I guess he would've had to shave.

11. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I was half expecting that, actually. Cat changing into Jaime and pushing Bran off the tree.

12. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    It felt kinda pointless though in this episode, if that's ALL we got of Bran & Clan.

13. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Is Obrynn Martel showing up this season or next?

14. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    If he did show up this season, he wouldn't have much to do. I say save him for next season. If the Purple Wedding takes place early in season 4, then having him arrive at KL in episode 1 or 2 would give him sufficient time to bond with Tyrion before the Viper vs Mountain fight.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I think it's gotta be next season because we haven't heard casting news for him.

16. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I think they are messing with the chronology of the Red/Purple Weddings since there is just so much going on in ASoS. I just hope the casting of Oberyn Martel is as perfect as the casting for the Blackfish.

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Someone in the TV thread asked why we haven't heard anything about Dorne.

Took all my energy to not answer "trust me; you don't want to."

And oh hell no, they BETTER kill Shae.

18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Bah. Dorne is awesome.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Seriously. Martells >>>>>> this Greyjoy crap.

20. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Tyrion better kill her, if not they should just rename the entire character of Tyrion.

21. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Bah, the Greyjoys (and all the Ironborn) are hilarious if you don't take them seriously.

22. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Is there any other way to take them? :p

Point Given likes this.
  23. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    The Martells are my favourite house after Lannister and Targaryen. Really looking forward to seeing Arianne and Oberyn.

24. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Oberyn is my favorite non-primary character in the entire series. His patience for avenging Elia and the utter vitriol with which he metes it out is just awesome. Of course, then he has to go and get himself killed....silly viper.

25. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Knowing the show, they'll take the subtle, unclear, debatable implication that he poisoned Tywin and show him pouring a vile of nasty black liquid into the Lannister's drink. :p