main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Idea for actor to play Han Solo in spinoff -- Harrison Ford (not as crazy as it sounds!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Nerdling, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    Here's my idea. In 2008, the film "Benjamin Button" did a very good job of making Brad Pitt age in reverse, and that was with 2008 special effects. Tron: Legacy (2010) tried to do the same thing with Jeff Bridges, de-aging him 30 years and the results were okay. I think it'd be awesome if they could do the same thing with Harrison Ford.

I know that would require de-aging Harrison Ford about 35 years (he's aged well), but computer processing power increases every 18 months, and CGI keeps improving and improving. So, if it's not possible now, I'm sure it soon will be.

I shared this idea with my wife and and some of her female friends, and they loved it. My wife had pictures of Harrison all over her bedroom walls when she was in high school. It would be an incredible nostalgia trip for her.

I would just be so psyched if I could see Harrison play his iconic role once again!

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Be ready to get psyched in 2015 then! :p

3. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Hi Mom!

[:D]

-C

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well... this won't happen. The process of de-aging an actor is very, very difficult, and to make a 70+ year old look like a 30 year old for an entire movie is basically impossible - at least if the character's going to do anything more than just stand around. Also, I seriously doubt Ford would be up to it.

5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Redundant topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.