main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    And into your 'Not an adult and yet not quite a teenager' years. :D

JacensGirl likes this.
  2. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    Mine birthday is in July I'll really feel like an old lady not as old as Addie :p

JacensGirl likes this.
  3. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    cool JG in July :) I'll be 35

Yes I have a teenager myself so I know what they are like still have 4 more years to go with her. then Then in two years I'll have another teenage when my youngerst get to be teenage. :p

JacensGirl likes this.
  4. JacensGirl

JacensGirl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    I have a love/hate relationship with my teen years, but 25 seems scary! [face_cowboy]

Also, yay July babies! :D

Whitelight likes this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'm still dealing with my teen years. :p

JacensGirl likes this.
  6. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Don't worry Gunny we wont hold it against you. :p

7. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    My teen years were boring. It seems like all I did was school.

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Ditto Mister Master. Ditto.

Ditto JG, remembrence ditto.

Now I'll be 20 something, 6 or 7 (I don't keep track), at the end of this year. :p

JacensGirl and Whitelight like this.
  9. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    Yea will I got married when I was 19 had my first daughter just when I turned 20 then had my second, supported my ex husband through school. Then stuff went south and devorice

10. JacensGirl

Apr 25, 2003
    [:D][:D]

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    My sympathies for the past grievances Whitelight, but at least you have what was best from that in your daughters [:D]

Whitelight and JacensGirl like this.
  12. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    [:D] poor whitelight

Whitelight likes this.
  13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    So, Jedi. We are. Yes?

What do you think Jedi Healers would think of earths medical systems?

14. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Whitelight you got kids and you got us. [:D] Always. :)

15. JacensGirl

Apr 25, 2003
    I think they would find it odd, and maybe even too complex? Although there's certainly been a resurgence of natural remedies and naturopathic medicine in my region. I guess bacta and Force healing would be a combination of advanced technology and natural healing?

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    In a way bacta is a natural healing method as the insects that make it do so using primarily organic compounds and organisms. Not to mention they have a slight bacta taste themselves. . .but that can be prepped off with a nice vinegrette ;)

JacensGirl likes this.
  17. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I think they'd view it in much the same way we do, although the difference of bacta would obviously be there and they may think us a little technologically impaired.

18. JacensGirl

Apr 25, 2003
    I think Jedi healers would also echo what a lot of recent articles promoting naturopathic medicine say; which is that modern doctors/the current medical system (at least in Canada) are ill-equipped to deal with the physical symptoms/fall out from mental health issues or stress management. The ability to use the Force would likely identify those core causes, if relevant, especially because of the Jedi focus on meditation.

I know I was mis-diagnosed (or not diagnosed?) when I had panic attacks years ago - was told by several doctors to "calm down", and no one even told me that what was happening was panic attacks. But it's all become kind of mechanical - maybe we might as well have droids? :p (I recognize this is somewhat out of necessity, especially in my local system, whose resources are under heavy strain and we can't keep doctors in the area).

Edit: Er sorry... this is turning into a rant about how terrible our medical system is. :p But I don't even imagine there would be much to compare??

19. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    I understand being mis-diagnosed. I had this cough for over a year throwing this med on top of the meds I was on when I went to see another doctor took one look and was like you shouldn't be on this med as one of the side effects is chroic cough...they had me on asmusa meds and reflex meds. When it was my blood pursuer meds after getting me off that I was able to loose 40lbs and go off of my blood purrsure meds all together which is still touch and go as they should took me off it a long time ago...now it might had with all the meds over time they had me on did damage to my kidney...

I agree with the Jedi Healers I think would look upon our natural resource that even we don't all way understand, I don't think we understand as much as we did a 100 years ago. As it seem that we been taken over by the phermic companies. I could also seeing them wanting to make imporant with in the system with the way we treat or don't treat the poor, helping of everything that needs help.

JacensGirl likes this.
  20. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    I have no interesting/awful stories >.> I've never really had any reason to go to a hospital or a doctor's office for anything other then standard check-ups and drug tests.

21. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You say that Jay, but now talk to GoddessJainaSoloFel who is a Registered Nurse who has worked in Canada and now Australia.....and she HATES the system here and wants to go home to where it's safe. Where as I was afraid to get sick in the US as I know our system is better.....so its a 'grass is always greener' situation I suspect.

22. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    Count yourself lucky @Sarge221You must be in great shape and over all health..

23. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    More like I've learned to not do stupid things unlike my siblings (my sister having broken her finger when she got angry about stubbing her toe on a wall and then punching said wall <.< ). May be slightly overweight but between eleven years of soccer, my brother putting me through the gym for a year and all three of my jobs requiring physical labor, I'm content with my well-being. I certainly don't feel guilty about sitting on my butt for hours at home and mostly munching on oven-made pizzas for quick lunches!

24. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    Good for you, I think I will be back in the gym again after I get these things figured out. I really trying to get back into shape, I just have a different body more muscle mass then most very low metabolism. I need to work out hard to even get me to loose even a lbs. My daughter was suppose to do soccer as the high school coach wanted her on his traveling time in middle school as a defender. but she don't like to run :p so she is now playing softball as a starting pitcher.

25. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    TSW FYI...

I am going to give The_Zeltron 24 hrs to get a post up before I update the Ruins group.

That is all...

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.