main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Should there be a female alien as a main character in the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Apr 22, 2013.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Though throughout the Saga, male and female aliens have made appearances, and even some aliens became main characters.....for better (Chewie) or for worse (Jar Jar), we have never had a female alien play the role of a main character in the films.

Sure they have in the EU, such as Ahsoka in TCW, but never in the films.

Do you think this should be changed for the new trilogy?

If so, should she play the role of a hero or villain?

CGI character or not?

What alien species? One that has appeared several times in the Saga? Or perhaps one that has rarely appeared in the films? Or even one that never appeared in any of the films, and only in the EU so far?

Or is it better for the main female characters to only be human?

2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Jaina Solo and/or Allana Solo

Team Padme and Samayel_ like this.
  3. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    You seem a bit confused about what a main character is...Chewbacca and Jar Jar are NOT main characters, they are supporting characters.

If they follow the formula of the first six films, the main characters in the ST will once again be human.

I you're suggesting supporting characters...well, Allana's pet nexu, Anji, is female. :)

Ryus likes this.
  4. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    My bad, i mean supporting characters then.

And no, a nexu is a lame idea because it doesn't have human lvl intelligence. It would even be dumber then jar jar.

5. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Due to Allana having Jacen's affinity with animals through the force... Anji is actually insanely intelligent when it comes to Allana's emotional status. Thus making it have the qualities of all the best pets in history. I found the implentation of Anji very well done and the idea of a kid with a cool alien pet in Star Wars perfect. Its also insanely marketable... I mean just look at it. What kid wouldnt want one after seeing that? Its Cheshire Cat meets Star Wars alien pet after all. :D

[​IMG]

mes520 likes this.
  6. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012

Agreed ...Allana & her pet must be in Episode VII ...she is perfect to carry on the Legacy .

mes520, Ryus and jedimikey like this.
  7. Herewegoagain

Herewegoagain Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2013
    Not unless she looks like the one in Total Recall.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  8. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    LOL! Okaayyy....are you suggesting Jar Jar was intelligent? :D :D :D

You know what a nexu is, right? A lobotomized nexu would still be cooler than Jar Jar. Oh, and nexu are pretty intelligent, although not on par with a humanoid being, they're still smarter than your average pet.

So, a Jedi princess with the equivalent of a trained atttack tiger isn't cool? Aw, c'mon! :p

But seriously, though...I know what you're getting at. You're right, a female non-human being sidekick for one of the main characters is an excellent idea. Rodian, mechanically inclined?

Ryus likes this.
  9. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    The one who could see the future? :p;)

Or the one who half as many breasts as the Askajian in Jabba's place who had 6 breasts? Just thinking of Yarna d'al' Gargan.. [face_sick]

10. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    If there was a female alien, i wouldn't want her to be a togruta, we got enough of that in TCW.

11. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    As for a female main character, as long as they don't make her wear clothing for inappropriate fan-service and pair her with an love interest, especially an unlikable one. (My two biggest problems with Ahsoka- which somewhat detracted from her status as great character in her own right)

Valairy Scot likes this.
  12. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Alien female? Lets dream bigger. Alien female transformer/Navi/chibi hybrid. BRING IT ON! :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    What about...a female Gungan? ;):p

[​IMG]

14. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    or a female Ewok
    [​IMG]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
  16. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Thankfully said love interest didn't stick for her.

VanishingReality likes this.
  17. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    To small. I would prefer an alien that is at least as tall as an average human.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Leia is an alien female. Padme was also an alien female.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How 'bout a female Jabba?

20. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Female/non-human supporting character: Saba Sebatyne - a Barabel Jedi Master.

Samayel_, jedimikey and Ryus like this.
  21. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    That is if her character as well as the timeline she is from is not wiped out by a possible retcon bomb created by Disney.

Which i sure hope doesn't happen.

22. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Technically there is no such thing, same for a male hutt, hutts are hermaphrodites.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hutt#Life_Cycle

Though we could have a Hutt that takes on more of a female like persona, and prefers to be referred to as "she".

23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Probably won't be an alien main character, they tend to stick with human main characters 'cause people are supposed to relate to their own species more.

I personally don't agree, but I guess that's the reason why there are very few non-human main characters out there in the mainstream.

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Allana Solo? As a very minimal side character, mayyybe I could stomach it (maybe), but I have to be honest, the idea of sitting through another two hours of a Star Wars film actually starring a child is just about at the very bottom of my list.

Anakin was something I could just about take, because, well, it was the Anakin Skywalker, after all, but really, I have less than zero interest in the adventures of an eight year old Jedi princess for the ST. Ugh.

One, I think a lot of her story sits on some pretty shaky ground to begin with (visions of a future Jedi queen seated on the "Throne of Balance"? - one prophesy of a chosen one dealing in balance is enough, thanks), but again, more than anything, it's the thought of watchng a Disney Star Wars trilogy about some little kid that just screams utter nonsense to me.

If she absolutely must be incorporated, let her story play out in a stand-alone picture, or even Episodes 10-12 (if they come), after she has come of age. Let the ST be about Luke, Leia and Han's generation passing on their knowledge to their children, not their children's children.

25. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Allana Solo should be a bit older than in in the books, if set after them... next off I was leaning more supporting character in the first film or two working up to more major character in the later films in the ST. After all if like the last two trilogies these films will have year or longer time gaps between them, plenty of time for Allana to age a bit and be 17-20 by the final film.

Plus kids can act, be believable, and be enjoyable... dont think they cant just cause Lucas cant direct people well and writes poor dialog that we cant ever have good kid actors. Chloe Grace Mortez was amazing in Kickass at like the age of 11 and in her movies since then too and JJ Abrams did a pretty decent job directing kids in Super 8.