main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Favorite Robot Chicken Star Wars Sketches (Embedded Video Heavy)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Admittedly, those can be pretty funny. Post some of your favorites here.

The 'Adventures of Yarael Poof' trilogy is definitely one of their best:

2. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Palpatine's phone call and the "Yo mama" one.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Can't beat one of the first.

4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    The Yarael Poof sketches were certainly entertaining, but unfortunately they didn't realize that Poof was supposed to be dead five years before the start of the Clone Wars, killed in a successful thwarting of a terrorist attempt to destroy Coruscant. Oh well, don't let continuity get in the way of good humor!

Agreed that the first Palpatine phone call to Vader remains one of the best. Really, all of the Palpatine sketches were hilarious, he really is the star of the show.

I've already posted like three Robot Chicken videos on random posts throughout LACWAC:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/what-should-ahsokas-fate-be.31152163/page-132#post-50509285
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...cussion-thread.50010037/page-78#post-50615358
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...filoni-involved.50011239/page-7#post-50631746

While these are pretty hilarious (I like virtually all of the skits), I'm particularly fond of the Boba Fett Sarlaac pit-related shorts:

There are more Fett Robot Chicken adventures available on Adult Swim's YT page, as he's seemingly the co-star of the series (alongside Palpatine of course).

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, I post RC vids a lot. They're just so relevant to so many discussions here. :p

6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The series of sketches about Palpatine from the 3rd one. Seth Macfarlane does an awesome Sidious.

The one about the various Episode III things like Anakin's way of dealing with killing younglings.

There is also the one with Jar Jar annoying Vader - genius!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  7. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    I really enjoyed the raunchy Padme one. ;)

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    My favorite sketch was the 'Hold the Elevator' with Palp going up the escalator next to the storm troopers. That's so funny! I think it on the 3rd special.

9. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I was just about to say this, lol. Definitely one of the funniest parts!

10. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    All awesome choices! I'll add Little Orphan Annie, and George Lucas and Taun Taun Nerd at Celebration.

Man I wish they were still doing Detours :(

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Eh, I'm sure that Detours may have been funny at first but I think it would have worn out fast.

Trebor Sabreon and eht13 like this.
  12. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Judging by the promos and previews of Detours, it wouldn't have been nearly as funny as Robot Chicken's Star Wars work; those Detours clips felt a lot more forced and honestly, not that funny.

eht13 likes this.
  13. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
  14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Palpatine on the escalator.

Seerow likes this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I love that one with Conan as Zuckuss. Whatever they did with Palpatine in that one was great.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I would take a third Robot Chicken episode over the entire Detours series any day. The reason RC was brilliant was because it had no reason -- it was just random as hell! The Family Guy spoofs fell into the trap of reusing old cliched jokes people have made about the movies for years. I have a feeling Detours's humor would have been restricted by following some sort of plot. Detours would have been a sitcom; RC was a stand-up comedian.

Also... haven't seen this mentioned yet:

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The Family Guy specials got stale because its the same old thing with a Star Wars bow. Family Guy is so repetitive and old these days. Now Robot Chicken is to but somehow the Robot Chicken specials manage to find the random ass humor that made the first two seasons of it funny as hell.

eht13 likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Eh, by the 3rd SW special Robot Chicken was already getting old. It had some good sketches, but it was becoming a bit too self-absorbed. I wonder how much of an influence MacFarlane had over that third special, considering how Palpatine was the focus.

19. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Yeah, Palpatine taking the phone call from Vader is the best of them, not only for what it is, but for its reference to one of the classic standup bits of all time (Bob Newhart's Sir Walter Raleigh phone call sketch).

20. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Phone call with vader Escalator throne room......and mon mothma and ackbar ordering lunch

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

21. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005

Pretty much anything they did with Ackbar was really funny.

22. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2013
    Anything with Palpatine really but this and the phonecall from Vader (''oh no he's crying...) cracks me up everytime. Also, I never realised until I purchased the specials that Family Guy's Seth McFarlane did Palpatine's voice. Brilliant shows.

23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Seth's Palpatine voice seems to be a mix of Stewie and Quagmire's voices, but still its own thing.

24. Emperor Von Schweetz

Emperor Von Schweetz Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    My favorites are all of the ones with Seth McFarlane in them.

25. Emperor Von Schweetz

Emperor Von Schweetz Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Also, I'm kind of surprised that nobody's listed this one: