main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Just watching the gif for the first time myself. No text description of the incident could possibly do it justice. Just absolutely stunning.

And a correction on my Götze post -- he did not play in Bayern's youth program. Not sure where I got that from.

EDIT: Dortmund have confirmed the Götze transfer to Bayern. Very disappointing.

2. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I'm surprised yankee you didn't post about Stuttgart being in the German cup final, but then I realised they'll be facing Bayern. :p

Anyway looking forward to tonight's match. :)

3. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Yeah, I'm expecting a rout in the Cup Final, but still, it gets us into Europa League. Which I guess is a good thing.

Still dumbfounded over the Götze transfer.

4. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
  5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Apparently, QPR's Cesar is being fined for wearing a Chelsea top at his fellow countryman's (David Luiz) private birthday party. Much as I abhor QPR, that's just ridiculous

EDIT: It wasn't just him. People were dressing up as David Luiz with silly wigs.

6. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Do not watch if eating [face_sick]

7. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    That's ridiculous

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Worse than Suarez.

9. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    All the QPR players should swap shirts with the other team for the rest of the season.

10. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    George you were right, Uefalona strikes again, two handballs in the Barca penalty box and Bayern didn't get a single penalty.

Anyway Bayern are pressing excellently and deserve to be ahead, Barca look poor and only had one real chance. Still as long as it's 1-0 you can't help but feel that Barca will get that equalizer or can 'easily' turn this around in Camp Nou. If Bayern wants to progress they have to finish it now.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    One handball. The second incident to which you refer is not a handball, unless you think everytime the ball touches an arm it's handball. Which would be silly.

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Obvious UEFA bias in those two goals. Or you're a paranoid person.

13. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    In both cases I thought the arms were not in a natural position although I'm willing to change my opinion if I see the moment again.

Anyway the referee continues to be awful, the line referee didn't see the offside (admittedly questionable) at the second goal and Muller did a fully body block on Alba right before the third goal.

Fully deserved win for Bayern, and a humiliating defeat for Barca and it has been coming for a while now.

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Saying the referee is awful is entirely different than saying the organisation and by extension the referee is corrupt.

On the second, the ball changed direction and hit arm in a split second. That's not handball.

That has to be the most surprisingly domineering result in the champions league since Liverpool battered Real Madrid 4-0 in 2009.

15. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    In the first half the bad decisions were in favour of Barca so it was easy of me to make the Uefalona assumption. The second half gave me a more complete picture: the referee was simply awful.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's never a good idea to assume conspiracy theories.

17. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    More than anything, absolute tactical mastery by Bayern and Heynckes, concede possession and drop back, but press aggressively from midfield line on. Barca totally harmless.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Messi wasn't Messi, which also helped.

But good luck arguing Bayern are the best team in the world right now.

They just thumped the supposed best team in the world, their goal difference in the domestic league is better than any team in that league's goal scored, and they're already stronger next season.

They'll probably make tax issues disappear, too.

19. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I still wouldn't rule out Barca somehow overturning the deficit in the second leg. Unlikely, I know, but if any side can do it.... they can.

20. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Uli was actually arrested today, had to to post €5mil bail just to be at the match last night.

Don't forget, Steffi Graf's father spent more time in jail than her crazy fan who stabbed Monica Seles.
    They have to score 5 if they keep a clean sheet, which don't see happening.

21. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    I do love to see a good Barca spanking.

George Roper likes this.
  22. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    And Pep is gonna walk straight into this Bayern team... with Gotze. Smug bastard.

23. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Lewandowski too, probably.

Maybe we can steal Gundogan in the Dortmund fire sale.

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Such an impressive performance. Robben was magnificent, just as he was against Juve.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Care to place a bet?