main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Diary Challenge 2013 question for mini challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    It seems to me it used to quote only the last two or something. I was on my i-Pod when I was posting that, and I have trouble deleting parts when I'm on that, so I didn't delete. Sorry.

2. Master Elaine Nega

Master Elaine Nega Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2013
    Excuse me for asking stupid questions once again, but that' s in order to avoid misunderstandings and being labeled as a noob once again. Do you still take new participants? I already know who am I going to write, but also it' s major AU, it' s multiple crossover and it's random. There will be characters not only from SW, but also from Harry Potter and Avatar: The Last Airbender. I had the idea of writing it for quite a while, I just recently recovered from depression and regained the ability to write something that is at least sane for the random world I thought out.

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    The challenge is now closed to new participants, however, JediFalcon would have to confirm this, you can still start a diary, but it would be labled 'Out of Competition'. It would still go on the front page of this thread, however, it won't be eligible for voting on if you make it to the end of the year.

However, that sounds like a great story and you should start it regardless.

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Well I managed to slip in a Sick Day entry for Dooku's diary. It's short, its unexciting, but it makes you feel sorry for him cause its on his B-Day. :_|

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I've felt sorry for him since the start of his diary...you mean it gets sadder!! :(

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I promise it'll get happier!

7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    The challenge officially started Jan 01 2013 and is closed on Jan 15th 2013 to new entries and runs until Dec 31st 2013. For it to officially be voted on you would have to wait until Jan 01 2014.

But if you want to start writing a diary I will place it in out of competition but as Briannakin has pointed out, it won't be eligible to be voted on. If you're okay with this then go a head.

Welcome to the boards, if you have any other questions about anything. Please don't hesitate to ask :)

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Well my latest entry has Dooku and Lorian ending up in the showers after a misadventure, so I guess that's my contribution for this month's mini-challenge. Not like I can get really creative with a 9 year old who can't leave the Temple. :( Must have Dooku get older, sooner. [face_laugh]

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    The index is now updated with the mini challenge up. Have fun :)

If I missed anything please let me know

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Any ideas for May's challenge?

I'm thinking Insanity is one step away :p

11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Well this is what goes on in May that I can think of that might have an equivalent in Star Wars:

Cinco de Mayo

Mother's Day

Memorial Day

May Day

Star Wars Day - yep there is such a holiday!

Love a Tree Day

V-E Day

Armed Forces Day

Tapatalk Signature
    ----------
    Use the light switch, Luke. Trust your feelings!

12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yup we have a liberation day on the 5th of may.
    Mayday;) can get interesting

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    May is usually the month for college graduations. There are also a lot of weddings in May...mainly people who are waiting to graduate before getting married. In NY they have Fleet Week in May. Of course as said above we have the May the 4th be with you holiday. :)

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    May is also the start of summer vacation for some places as the school year ends.

Tapatalk Signature
    ----------

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I know...how about everybody doing this challenge go to Wookieepedia and click on Random Article and report back here what popped up and out of the submissions we vote on the best one to put into our story.

For example, when I clicked on Random Article it came back with Zeltron Artistry Guild...which I don't have a clue as how I would write that into a story. lol! Okay, maybe that is not the best idea. :p

Okay, the second time I did it I came up with: The Krayt Cult.

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    That would be a fun entry to do...

I got Misanthrope on the first try. I could probably find a way to weave the ship but not the captain or event. Too young or way beyond Dooku's time.

Tapatalk Signature
    ----------

17. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
  18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Tolec-Da

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Kaloth, which has only one sentence in the Wookieepedia. LOL This reminds me of the Minor challenge, though this isn't a character but a company... Hm... I may be able to use it in both my SW diaries. [face_thinking]

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
  21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I have an idea.

Why don't we make May a random month where you use the wookieepedia, click on random article and write the article you get.

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Sounds good.

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Sounds good, though my participation in that challenge will heavily depend on what I get.

24. Volund Starfire

Volund Starfire Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    You know, that would be interesting to weave into the Halo storyline... even more fun in the case of the Joker.

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Okay, I got this random article, "Desalination" which I'm sure I can work into Shmi's diary... not so sure for Perspectives, and it may even work for my non-SW diary with Misty, since it isn't exactly something that is exclusive to SW.

BTW, I think I'm gonna let my Harry Potter diary go for now. I'm not sure which direction I wish the story to take, and Dudley really doesn't belong at Hogwarts, and I'm not sure how to extract him [face_laugh]Also, I'm not sure what the story would be once I do extract him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.