main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Jango Fett

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Apr 18, 2013.

1. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    He's the one bounty hunter in the series to transcend simply looking cool, so yeah, I appreciate the character. Loved the apartment scene. I remember when word first leaked of the script calling for such a set there were some humorous responses along the lines of "so are we going to see him sitting around sipping cappuccino?". From a certain perspective it is indeed kind of a quirky oddball move to go from a rogue's gallery of bounty hunters lined up and looking appropriately badass to seeing one of their number off duty and chilling in his living quarters, but little touches like that are why I love AOTC. Great masked tension going on in that scene--I'd dare describe it as kind of a Tarantino lite moment. Love the two strong personalities playing it cool while the rampaging waters outside and the iconic armor hidden behind the door threaten to break the calmness. And when this indeed happens, we get a fight scene that still floors me to this day, feeling miles removed from the series' more intentionally cartoonish action encounters while also managing to capture that classic Indy Jones set piece feeling.

2. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    He held his ground longer than any non-force wielder probably could have though. He was definitely a worthy opponent against Kenobi.

3. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    It mirrored Boba's death in ROTJ, Boba also bit of more than he could chew by landing on that skiff for up close fighting with Luke. At least Jango was killed by a top Jedi, instead of by accident by a confused and legally blind guy.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I like Jango, and yes he's a Mandalorian, TCW. Open Seasons and SW Bounty Hunter increased his badassery imo. Had I not named myself after Grievous, I would've been named after Jango. :p

I did get use to the retcon and the Jango-Boba connection.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I love the character and Tameura Morrison was fantastic. He and Ewan nailed the scene in the apartment and I always get the feeling at the end of the scene that they both want to just rip each other apart but instead they just play it cool. Such tension! I love the little detail of the armor in the closet that Lucas added. Did Obi-Wan see it or not? I still don't know but I love it. The Jango/Obi-Wan fight is also one of my favorite fight scenes in the saga. It's so fierce and brutal and the rain just adds this fantastic quality to it. Brilliant.

bstnsx704 likes this.
  6. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    The squeeking of Jango's boots against the metal platform when they were sliding down always gives me goosebumps[face_nail_biting]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I thought it was hilarious when he fired a rocket out of his head at Obi Wan.

8. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    It was out of his backpack like the old Boba Fett figure prototype.

9. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2013
    I loved the Jango character. As a huge fan of Temuera Morrison's work as Jake Heke in the excellent Once Were Warriors and What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted, I was rather excited when I found out he was in Ep II and when I saw Jango in all his silver bounty hunter glory for the first time I thought that this would be the greatest Star Wars movie yet. Okay, his character didn't really have that much to do in the movie other than look intimidating but the scene where he meets Obi Wan was the highlight of the movie for me and the fight scene was superb, it's not often you get a good old bare bones punch up in a Star Wars movie. Shame he gets despatched in such a rubbish way though, would have been nice for him to have escaped to fight another day.

10. Jango723

Jango723 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 16, 2011
    ...but if you think about it, he did. In more ways than one.

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    In the form of the clones he essentially did. Order 66 is pretty much Jango's legacy.

12. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Jango is amazing. He would wipe the floor with CT era Boba!

13. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2013
    Haha, I see what you mean, nice one
    ;)

14. Jango723

Jango723 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 16, 2011
    *Double Gun-fingers + Wink*

15. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I actually like Jango more then Boba. There I said it.

Now don't get me wrong I like Boba Fett too. But I just feel Jango did more movie wise, and I almost feel he's more interesting. Like many others here, the Bounty Hunter game and the Jango Fett Open Season comic really solidified my interest in the character and even increased it. Plus, I love his armor, that blue and silver color scheme really makes it cool looking.

whostheBossk and jakobitis89 like this.
  16. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i thought he was cool. Even though Boba had different life experience's he is Jango's clone, so i look at it like the fans getting to see Boba in action which they didn't see much in the OT.
    I think his armor is great, and i like the pistols. I think Morrison was good as well.

whostheBossk and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  17. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015

I feel the same way as you do. And I find it interesting that in an ironic way, Jango's story is continued not only in the form of Boba, but also the in the clonetroopers featured in ROTS.

18. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    Jango Fett was a great opportunity to show what exactly the Mandalorian armor was capable of.
    Although Boba's armor had a really cool look in TESB and ROTJ, we never really got to see it in combat.

19. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I like Jango's colour scheme more than Boba's. The cool silver and blue is gorgeous to me.

20. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I like Jango.

He's the father of the Clone Army. We get to see him in action. Take down some Jedi, not just stand around unlike his son in the OT. I like his color scheme.

I can get those that don't like Jango was only in one film and then died, but I don't see how he would have fit into ROTS.

21. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Jango is the real Boba. The Boba we saw in TESB was basically a dude with cool armour and big enough balls to give Vader a bit of aggro. Which is pretty cool but counts for very little once a blind dude knocks you into the Sarlacc accidentally. He's all mouth, no trousers - in films only. What we saw in AOTC was a non-Force powered mercenary with the weapons, skill and chutzpah to hold his own against a Jedi in an extended fight, and with the same cool looking armour besides (in fact I prefer Jango's shiny colour scheme to the dented rusty aesthetic of OT-Era Boba but that's just a matter of taste.) I've got no issues with him losing to Mace even if he did go down pretty easily in the end - still heads and shoulders above anything Boba actually DID in the movies themselves.

This isn't an anti-Boba rant - I know he's got a lot of fans. But Jango is indisputably the better fighter and cooler character for me.

22. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    To be honest, the fight with Mace was greatly cut. From what I gather, it was supposed to be more of the same action we saw on Kamino. While I'm bummed that we didn't see much of his last stand, the fight with Obi-Wan was easily one of the stand out moments of the film, and a testament to the character's strength.

I also like how consistent they kept his arsenal. With everything Boba had, they didn't need to add anything new. Instead, we actually got to see what he could do. The jetpack missile, flamethrower, and grappling hooks were always on the suit, but we actually got to see them used in battle.

23. Queen Apailana

Queen Apailana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    I think Jango Fett is cool, although I like Boba better. I actually like Jango and Boba together in AOTC; they're pretty great when Obi-Wan is chasing them through the asteriod field (Get him, Dad, get him! Fire!). The seismic charge and Jango's blasters are some of my favorite SW sounds. It is neat to see Jango showcase all his mandolorian weapons.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    His death is dreadful and totally ruins him. Otherwise, he's pretty cool. He's also the main character of one of my favourite PS2 games of my childhood, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter so I'm happy he exists for that reason alone. He's alright, but an unremarkable character in AOTC really.

Boba is the one I have a problem with in AOTC.

25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I liked his death, it's tradition for Fett's to go out in an embarrassing way.