main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Nothing is wrong with the original characters *actors I'm a bit worried about but thats another story. Dont get me wrong I love them, I'm just worried*. I just can't see Lucasfilm/Disney wanting to have this whole new trilogy rest soley on the nostalgiability *hehe new word* of the OT cast especially when we dont know if they will be able to make all 3 films *lets face it they aren't 20 anymore*. My hope is that Arndt/JJ/George can create a story that gives us the OT3 we all wanted while managing to create and develope new characters who can take over this franchise for the generations to come. Difficult task but not impossible.

2. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    This I like, good job. And as Plagueis is now essentially 'unkillable' it opens up new worlds of the supernatural depths of the force in order to defeat him. To which Luke must sacrifice himself like Ben did in the Christ like role of self sacrifice.

Darth kRud likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Even if there's absolutely nothing to suggest that any of the big 3 have gone bad, I wouldn't be surprised if there's lots of fans speculating that they have.

4. MRCynical

MRCynical Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2008
    Perhaps it might open with a sort of reverse battle of Hoth, with the Imperial Remnant (or just the Empire, if they decide not to bother too much about the EU) heavily outnumbered. The last stand of the Empire, perhaps?

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    perhaps. However, I'm not so sure that the Empire would remain a dictatorship without the Sith.

6. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
  7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Dammit I was just about to post that! :mad:
    ;)

Ryus likes this.
  8. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    The most obvious thing to me to wonder about is any unused ideas GL had because like many writers he doesn't like to just throw things away being it characters, names, places or events etc.

Read The Star Wars first draft script and you can feel both Ep 1 and 4 in there. He also likes to pull various elements from different Japanese movies Kurosawa and the like. Now of course GL isn't going to be the only author and lots of influences are going to be in there including all the people who are going address GL much like GL did AK.

Abrams Trek movies are more than a bit Star Wars-y in various places though also true to Trek as well of course.

I expect that Ep VII will be somewhat akin to ST in that the trio will be major support players with the core about the kids and their friends that we are introduced to. Remember as well that in Ep IV which is about 2 hrs long Luke comes in at about 17 minutes, Ben at 30 and Han at 50. Even then it's not so exclusively about Luke as say Ep III is about Anakin.

Obviously there will be some Sith presence whether that will be the main bad guy or a non-Force user at the top with a Sith second (plotting to get to the top naturally). I find it unlikely that there will be a whole cadre of Sith though obviously they can do that as well. If the storyline goes along the PT and OT lines of temptation and fall, temptation and no fall then maybe the thing to do is to have both in this film.

The child of one falls the child of the other doesn't.

This could also be tied into their upbringing. Luke's kid is trained by him as a Jedi, Leia's child is not trained at all but as per the lineage is powerful. The Sith of the story then targets that kid turns him or her to the dark side and then the goal is to redeem the cousin.

9. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    OMG that was funny!
    ^:)^=D=^:)^

10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Although I sort of hate to say it, but I think the last Indy (4) can also give clues to GL's focus and patterns. I enjoyed Indy 4 for what it was, but as always I am somewhat disappointed with the result in places. I'm pleased that GL is stepping back and getting hungry, young talent.

George recycles, for sure. I think what's left is probably names and places...like the grassland planet of Toprawa, which is an old name. I don't know if you would consider the Kiber crystal an unused idea, but it was never in the films. I always loved that idea.

11. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Can the sith LOGICALLY come back? Let me answer with a question.

After the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film, did you think Shredder could LOGICALLY come back? But he came back and drank the secret ooze to become Super Shredder in the 2nd turtles movie. In the 3rd film, they go back in time to the 1600's Japan to fight the ancestors of Shredder. Based on this alone, the 7th Star Wars can have Sidious climbing out of the same garbage land-fill that Shredder crawled out of or they could go back in time to the 1600's to fight the ancestors of Sidious in ancient sith Japan.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This sounds amazing. Can we have one of the Turtles as the new alien sidekick? :p

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  13. Darth_Magus

Darth_Magus Jedi Master star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Logically, there is nothing to prevent the Sith from returning. As far as we know the Dark Side still exists, so the potential is there for the Sith to rise again. In fact considering how the previous Rule of Two worked out for them, you might think a revision of that strategy might be in order.

niel6658 likes this.
  14. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    Sam Witwer would be an awesome ep 7 villain...there's not a shred of doubt about that

15. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Well then the protagonist can't be connected to any of the characters we know because if they are then they can't really be in mundane or normal circumstances. This seems unlikely.

TPM actually did do this but 17 minutes was quite long to introduce Luke and not have too much happen. Anakin coming in at 30+ (whatever the exact timing) was just too long to have not much happen. It wouldn't work besides the amount of set-up however garbled to the audience with the used universe ethic couldn't be applied to any other film the same way the first one was. The backstory that the first film had was massively changed anyway.

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    You know, I can picture Luke going into hiding to train some kids that he managed to find many years after the events in ROTJ.

17. treestump

treestump Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2006
    why not use the star wars novels they run from truce of bakura and run for the next 50 years plus?

18. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    My idea which is somewhat based on the EU. I'll try to keep it short.

Episode 7:

Luke rebuilt the Jediorder but there are still few (~10) Jedi. Two of those are the twins Jaina and Jacen Solo. They love each other but squabble all the time. They are the protagonists while the Big Three stay on the sidelines.
    Jaina views the force as a tool and thinks the Jedi should stay grounded in "reality". She even uses gadgets an armor during fights.
    Jacen thinks the Jedi should exclusively focus on the force.
    Both are prodigies of the new order.

Suddenly, the Mandalorians surprise attack the Republic, lead by an ultra-masculine Mandalor who is allied to a mysterious Sith Lady. She is bitter, philosophical, cold and utterly ruthless. She also hates Luke Skywalkers guts for mysterious reasons.
    A couple battles happen until there is a big battle in the end about an important shipyard planet/Coruscant/for some reason important planet. Han with falcon saves the youngsters butts once.

Luke is worried because he can't explain how the Sith could reappear.

In the big confrontation the Sith Lady gives a speech that she is "Darth Vaders real heir" and she will fulfill his will by bringing the Republic to its knees no matter what. Fight with her and the Mandalorians is extremely tough. Jacen is taken prisoner.

Episode 8:

Sith Lady wants to turn Jacen, as killing Luke wouldn't really be revenge, considering he is a Jedi and all. She puts ideas into Jacens head that balance in the force means there should be equal Sith and Jedi and therefore the force is unbalanced right now.

Meanwhile Jaina wants to rescue her brother but first she must find out where he is. She hunts for clues concerning mystery Sith Lady and this brings her into enemy territory. She stumbles about a big and possibly devastating attack plan of the Mandalorians and now has to bring the information to the republic no matter what. While she does this she hooks up with a Mandalorian deserter who she finds pretty attractive.

A race to bring information to republic authorities begins, involving a couple battles.

In the end she meets with Han and Leia and Luke. But then Lady Sith attacks and Jacen is with her, turned bad. Either Han or Leia die, killed by her blade. You can plainly see how uncomfortable Jacen is about that, but he still remains Sith. Jaina manages to bring the crucial information before the republic.

Episode 9:

Republic prepares for big battle.

Jaina wonders if she can turn her brother back to the light as so far he never went against family.

It is reveled through a holocrone Jacen finds that the mysterious Sith Lady was a secret apprentice of Vaders, basically his foster daughter. That he sacrificed his life for Luke made her intensely jealous and fueled her hatred.

Then the epic confrontation + final battle follows. Not sure how to end it all. Jacen might go back lightside, might not.

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    1. Some interesting ideas e.g., Lady Sith connection to Vader.
    2. It's hard to imagine this happening 40 years after ROTJ, maybe 5-10 years after.
    3.This story is very Solocentric and no longer includes the Skywalkers.
    4. I remember GL explaining to Alec Guiness why Ben was killed off in ANH; simple awkwardness, there was nothing left for the character to do. Could be what happens to Luke.
    5. Another OP postulated that each trilogy moves the characters from realm to realm. PT=Physical Realm, OT=Spiritual Realm, and the ST=The Metaphysical Realm. In other words, Jedi learned how to come use the force to comeback to the physical world. Then they learned to communicate from the spirit to the physical. Maybe in the ST they learn how to act in the physical world as spirits in the OT. I thought that was dynamic.

Anyway, good ideas. Thanks for sharing.

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Potential Villain Idea:

Powerful Force sorceress, independent of the Jedi and Sith, and NOT dark-side, creates a following and becomes "The Liberator" (contrast with "The Emperor.")
    -I'm picturing her a beautiful, exotic female alien... perhaps a yellow Twilek with 2 orange lightsabers... just for something very different visually

She is basically a light-side version of Dooku, and her movement is very similar to the idealists in both the Separatist movement and Rebellion... but without shady corporate/political elements. Another person to compare her to is Daenerys Targaryen of Game of Thrones. Or perhaps Galadriel with the One Ring.

The Force Sorceress, the Liberator, studied from the holocron of Darth Plagueis but has found a way to create life and save people from dying WITHOUT going to the dark side. She wants to create a galactic paradise, and views the new Republic and its Jedi as a stagnant relic. She blames Luke Skywalker for reverting to the old status quo, instead of trying to fix it and come up with something new and stronger. As "The Liberator," she and her followers begin liberating neglected and corrupt worlds that are at least nominally in the Republic, like Tatooine, and begins to free the Slaves and to treat Droids as equals. The Liberator has no mercy, and ruthlessly kills slave owners and droid owners who won't set their "property" free, and her armies and fleets battle whoever stands in the way of her "liberations," which the Republic and Jedi see as invasions.

The Jedi and Republic are afraid she's a dark-sider or a Sith, but she IS aligned with the light side, just more ruthless/merciless and not afraid to act as jury, judge, and executioner. The "Liberator" sees herself as bringing Freedom and Justice to the galaxy.... freeing the slaves/droids/commoners and exacting justice against their oppressors... as doing what Anakin Skywalker was supposed to do. She sees herself as creating a new galactic society, which is neither Republic or Empire but something new and stronger... as Luke Skywalker was supposed to do. She also uses her Force talents to heal the sick and maimed, and restore whole worlds (perhaps she makes Tatooine her capital, and transforms it into a living world again.)

Perhaps, at one point, the Liberator captures Luke Skywalker and puts him on trial (to show the contrast). She accuses Luke of not exacting justice on Darth Vader, giving him mercy instead, saying saving his son does not make up for committing or not stopping atrocities in the Empire, from the Youngling Massacre to Alderaan. Luke says he shows mercy to anyone who can be redeemed... and then the Liberator asks where his mercy was when he blew up the Death Star, or cut through dozens/hundreds of Stormtroopers (a SLAVE army) without a second thought... accusing him of nepotism. Perhaps she accuses him of being a Slave Owner, of R2-D2, as well as never returning to help his own homeworld.

If done right, she could get the Jedi and Republic asking themselves if they're really the villains. The Liberator's ruthlessness and lack of mercy, unable to see the importance of redemption and seeing the good in even the worst people, would probably be her undoing. But she could get the other side to see their own flaws, and create a better society, like the Liberator advocated for, except with some mercy, forgiveness, and possibility of redemption.

21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Thanks for feedback.

About the Solocentrism: The plot would work just as well with Skywalkers or a Solo and a Skywalker. I chose Solos because then Han and Leia have business being in the movies.

Luke has to survive here at least until Episode 9 because he is the main motivation of the main villain.

22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It is interesting to see Sam Witwer wants in on Episode VII; difficult to see how Starkiller or the Dark Apprentice clone can maintain existence for 40 years and remain uneffected by age. But, still, might be an interesting sub-plot.

(worth noting, Galen Marek was apparently included in the live-action Underworld TV series)

23. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I guess Carbonid is an option. I could live with that as I enjoyed Witwers work in TCW.

But honestly I'd prefer Disney simply cast another, much older actor as Vaders former apprentice, if they go that route. Age and experience doesn't hurt a Sith.

In any case I agree with KevinM1 that resurrecting Plagueis, Sidious or Vader would be pretty lame.

24. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    The writers probably meet with George Lucas everyday over some coffee because the writers are still in the transition of adopting Star Wars from Lucas.

So, Lucas will tell the writers all sorts of things about how to feed this baby called Star Wars. How to burp the baby when it has hiccups and other disconnections between the canon films and the ST.

George Lucas is like the training wheels of the movie making bike. Someday, the writers will not need the training wheels named Lucas and Lucas will be too old and rusty and they will probably become better at this job someday than Lucas was but for now, Lucas will be around for a few more years having coffee with them and sharing a few laughs with the younger writers.

Arnt and/or whoever is writing the ST is probably asking Lucas right now, "What if we had this happen, and you know, boom boom, and then that happens, does that still feel Star Wars Like to you?"

Lucas replies, "Gee, with all the lens flare, and the design of the ships makes me think about Star Trek, not Star Wars. Folks, try not to make everything look like Battlestar Galatica. Star Wars happened a long time ago (not yesterday), back when space was like a 2-d dimensional water ocean sea battle played on your 2-d 8-bits Nintendo Entertainment System (NES 1985)."

25. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    To be honest, I don't think Star Wars is that hard to "grasp". Abrams and Arndt won't need those training wheels much.

They might even do a better job than Lucas himself did with the PT.

Where did you get that impression? SW space battles are fairly three-dimensional, especially the one in ANH. A lot of the maneuvers of the fighters were modeled after WWII tactics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.