main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Hasn't the Saga Been Concluded?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Garrett Atkins, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Yes, the prequels were once the stories of Obi-Wan but I would say that the PT was the Anakin and Obi-Wan show.

That depends on how good Han, Luke and Leia are in the ST. If their performances are just as good as they were in the OT then yeah, have them.

I want the ST to be the conclusion of the Big 3's story and the beginning of the next generation's Skywalker and Solo.

Luke on the screen again will be amazing. Can't wait.

We don't have any news of the Sequel Sequel Trilogy yet so 7-9 might be it. Not certain but it could be.

The Skywalker saga works better than Tragedy of Darth Vader or maybe Saga of Luke Skywalker with the PT being backstory.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yeah, we still don't know what 7-9 will be but one thing is for sure, its going to change everything of star wars forever. The past well, it was good, but this new stuff, new company, new bosses, new strategy. GL only consultant and not directing.....big changes

3. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    Of course the saga has not been concluded, we still have to see Lobot search for his true love.

Chewgumma and V-2 like this.
  4. localriot

localriot Jedi Padawan

Mar 8, 2013
    George Lucas has been concluded.

5. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    The Empire was not wiped out when the Death Star 2 was destroyed along with Vader and Palpatine.

6. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    ... but a Sith-less, crippled Empire is less of a threat, and what's more will feel like a rehash.

A new villain is the way forward for the ST.

7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Agreed. I would prefer something new over the typical Imperial Remnant that was basically the only enemy for post-ROTJ EU before the NJO.

But remember, there may not be an incentive to have enemies for the ST that aren't Sith or Imperials. Some people like sticking with tradition, which is why many star wars fans disliked the Vong and their tech in the NJO because it wasn't the norm for star wars.

Personally i wouldn't mind a new enemy in the ST that is quite "alien" or quite different when compared to the Sith or Imperials, but then again, im someone who never had a problem with the Vong and think they actually benefited the star wars universe as villains.

Though unfortunately i think there is a high chance that some form of an Imperial Remnant will the main enemies of the ST.

I wouldn't mind Imperials or even Sith appearing in the ST (though instead of Sith i would prefer a different darksider faction), i just don't want them to be the main villains. It would be interesting if the main threat was also hostile to remaining Imperials then simply to the Rebels/New Republic.

8. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm glad it's not over. It's more Star Wars, be happy about it.

9. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I would hope that Imperials wouldn't be the main force of the enemy... I'd rather it be a ruse, to make the heroes THINK the Empire is attempting to rise again in some fashion.

After 30-40 years, the Empire should be done for. They were still a power in the galaxy in the EU around that time, but that's only because signing that peace treaty 15 years after Endor allowed them to stabilize & establish themselves as a not-so-fascist-as-they-used-to-be alternative to the New Republic, and begin growing again. I suppose the ST could do that, too, and then turn 'em into a threat again, but I'd hope not.

10. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    I think it would be more interesting for the Empire to be something like it is in the (later) post-RotJ EU: an essentially neutral government at peace with the New Republic.

As someone else posted in another thread (apologies for forgetting who), it would be great to take the classic shot of the massive Star Destroyer and make it a good thing - Imperial reinforcements arriving to help the heroes against a common foe.

11. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    The thing about Star Wars is the story never ends, simply because it is a world of its own. Just because WWII ended, that didn't mean that there would be peace throughout the world, as there is always something happening in world history. Now each fan can chose what story they feel the need to be their 'canon', but the possibilites are endless for the Star Wars Universe.

12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Problem is that the Empire is at its core a racist (and maybe sexist) fascist military dictatorship. Can't easily sell that kind of thing as "good".

Better to keep the anti-democratic vibes to the EU. Don't want to see it in the movieverse.

13. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Just to play devil's advocate, 30 years is a long time, much can change. Maybe it's a reformed Imperial force, probably not even called the Empire anymore as they don't actually rule over an actual empire. Who knows? The mind boggles :p

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "The Empire will be reorganized into another Galactic Republic for a safe and secure society"
    "So, this is how democracy is resurrected. With thunderous applause".

Best. "Rhyme". Ever.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yes, if the Empire stops being an actual Empire I could see it becoming good. But what's the point then in including it?

When people want the Empire back, they want "the Empire" back and not some watered-down goody-two shoes version of it.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Star Wars Episode VII: The Empire Is Struck Back

Lord Tuvitor, eht13 and fishtailsam like this.
  17. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Not to go all EU on you guys, but the Empire of the Legacy comics would be a sight to see, including their being used as pawns by a resurgent Sith Order.

18. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    I think the best idea is just to make the movies like 200 years into the future

19. wedwood

wedwood Jedi Padawan

Feb 10, 2010
    The saga's main protagonist changed over the years. In 1977, it was all about Luke Skywalker, by 1983, Darth Vader had taken on a significance probably not intended when Star Wars was written. You'll recall in ROTJ, the scene with Obi Wan where he 'clarifies' his earlier comments about Vader 'betraying and murdering' Anakin.

In retrospect, it's perhaps a pity that Episodes 1-3 didn't deal with how the Old Republic was formed and then just jump to Episode 4, thus avoiding having to shoehorn a contrived 'fall of Anakin' story.

Hopefully, now the sequel trilogy will be free to jump into a completely new scenario and not be a slave to the Original Trilogy, as the PT was.

Darth Claire likes this.
  20. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    After the DS2 was destroyed, a good part of the Empire's fleet was left intact, right? So who would have been the highest-ranking officer left in the Empire? Make him a real bad*** and let them try to resurrect the Empire. Just an idea.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    The movies were always done in the style of Saturday morning serials, so I don't see why the end of one saga means the series has to end. New story arcs for the win.

V-2 and Force Smuggler like this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Those classic serials would always start the next installment by showing the viewer how the cliffhanger action at the end of the prior episode really didn't happen the way you thought you saw it. Episode VII should start off showing the "true" ending of ROTJ... Anakin lives and got out of the suit that Luke burned, Palpatine ignites his jetpack and flies past the Rebellion as the DS explodes, and the Ewoks savagely attack the drunken reveling rebels.

V-2 likes this.
  23. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I think that is the challenge now for the filmmakers, to make this feel like a natural part of the saga and not just something tacked onto the end after the fact. I'm pretty optimistic about this though. I think it could turn out to be the best thing to happen to Star Wars in years

24. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Keep in mind that the idea that this whole thing was about Darth Vader didn't come into play until ROTJ. George changed it into the story of Darth Vader. With the sequel Trilogy, and this is what I'm assuming, we are going from STar Wars being about Darth Vader to Star Wars being about the Skywalker family.

And you can tell a lot of stories about a family. As long as Star Wars has something to say about this family then I say it still has life in it.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  25. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013

Yep, the first three movies were about Luke no matter what he says after the fact