main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars: Legacy—Prisoner of the Floating World #2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Jan 15, 2013.

1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    A fleet shot? Details man, details! :p

Are any ships familiar designs?. Who sent it?

--Adm. Nick

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Like I said, it's indistinct. I can't even tell if they're fighters, shuttles, or something larger. But there's a lot of them.

Here's the pic:
    [​IMG]

3. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    [face_thinking]

I am not sure what they are. Local forces perhaps? Or is there no indication in the text who they belong to?

--Adm. Nick

4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Look to be the Carreras PSF which the fake Knight is bossing around.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, right, this is out. Off to dark horse digital!

Guess I should sticky the thread too.

6. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Fantastic issue 2. Great story and great art. Love it.

AG-37 is so cool, probably the best droid in SW since HK-47 (we'll see if he stays that way). Ania is a Solo to the core, she has the moves and the scoundrel attitude. I also wonder whose ships are those at the end? I'm not so sure if they are Triumvirate ships.

7. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I'd completely forgotten about this new chapter in the Legacy era lol how would any of you rate it so far? Is Ania a better/more interesting main character than Cade?

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Hmmm....

- Well, that's the friendliest assassin droid I've ever seen -- and that includes HK, who I can't see going out of his way to save someone!

- Two whole pages with Her Imperial Majesty? Excellent!!

- Seems the Imperial Knights serve as the personal representatives of the Triumvirate!

- Opening page still refers to the Galactic Alliance as a "remnant" -- suggesting the majority of the galaxy is still locally Imperial

- And yes, Ania is far better a protagonist than Cade though she still has a distressing view of all government as "corrupt" -- tsk tsk. Wonder how she ended up that way. I imagine we'll find out through the course of the series.

Ryus and spicer like this.
  9. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    So far the new Legacy is excellent, but we'll see if it will keep it up. Personally I like Ania better than Cade.

Ryus likes this.
  10. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Those ships look like they are facing the wrong direction.

Still if we have a lot of new Imperial Knights. I am wondering how the IKs and the Jedi decide who gets which new recruit.

11. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    So glad to see a new droid character, they are really underused. AG-37 is awesome. Wonder who his debt is too?

This is a really great series. I hope that the sequels don't get it canceled.

Ryus, Summer Dreamer and spicer like this.
  12. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    I really liked this issue. AG-37 is a cool new character and I think him, Ania and Sauk make a great Star Wars ensemble. Can't wait to see where this series goes. A month is too long.

Ryus and spicer like this.
  13. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Interesting. What is the exact quote?

--Adm. Nick

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It's a slight change from the opening crawl of issue one: "A fledgling power-sharing government has risen from the defeat of the One Sith and forged an uneasy triumvirate of the Jedi Council, the Imperial Court, and the remnant Galactic Alliance."

I take it that if the GA is still called a remnant, that the Triumvirate is basically ruling atop of the former Sith Empire the way the Second Empire was basically (temporarily) ruling atop the GA.

15. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    My local comic store got one issue of #2 in today! ONE! Needless to say I got there today and they were sold out!! What the HELL?? One?

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    AG-37 is a really cool character!

It's really different, and nice, to see a Droid character be the wise leader (and pilot!)

Very different attitude too, pro-Jedi and very helpful, he's like the Droid version of old Obi-wan Kenobi!

I wonder who he owes a debt too... I'm guessing one of Ania's ancestors? Perhaps a parent, or Han/Leia themselves?

It was nice to see Empress Marasiah again too, and have Antares talking, as well as the new Imperial Knight.

What exactly was the Sith doing to his captured IK, though? And he sure is assuming control of the system quickly.

17. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    So we basically still don't have a clear indication of the exact nature of the Galactic Federation Triumvirate. :p

It is interesting that it only refers to the "Imperial Court", but I have a hunch that is to distinguish the fact that it is the Fel dynasty that is part of the power sharing government, not the Second Empire (under Krayt) or the former Moffs.

Did my letter make it in the issue?

--Adm. Nick

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, the Fel dynasty is the Second Empire -- but yes, I suspect the reference to the Imperial Court is specifically referring to Her Imperial Majesty and her courtiers and knights rather than the traitorous mofference and their ilk, who have probably been cashiered or something.

And there were no letters at all this issue.

19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yeah, I had the same problem. I went to the store like three hours after they opened and bammmmmmmmmmm, they sold out on the comic. So I left and ordered it through midtown comics. You know, as of late, if I don't get to the comic store early, the star wars comic sells out. Just last week, I got the third to last issue of that Darth Vader comic. When I went to pay, two other regulars that I know of went in and grabbed the last two.

20. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    That was my impression as well since they had scenes where the fake IK started to take over.

I also liked the assassin droid... hope he remains a member of the cast.

21. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Picking this up today!

22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Good issue. I really like Ania Solo, AG-37 and Jao Assam. The antagonist is also very competent and very deadly. Unfortunately that fish isn't dead yet.

23. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Is it too late to rename the series Star Wars: Droid in a Trenchcoat? That's really all the information anyone should need.

24. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I will be grabbing this issue tomorrow when I am in town near my LCS. It sounds like the issue focused mostly on Ania & Sauk, but I am hoping that we with each issue get more tidbits about the Galactic Federation Triumvirate and it's nature. Plus I would love to know what other projects they are working on to restore the galaxy.

Note to Dark Horse: RESTORE DAC!

--Adm. Nick

25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    When I was buying the monthlies, the only way to get a copy at my local was to commit to it as a pull list item!