main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Watching bits of this made me want to vomit. History will remember Bush as a good President only if the entire political spectrum to the left of the graph is utterly destroyed.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    It's getting there. Just give it time.

3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    According to Chris Matthews the word "Iraq" was not mentioned once.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Jimmy Carter spoke fondly of W.

The end must be nigh, hold loved ones close.

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I think Barbara Bush saying she was tired of President Bush's was better! :p

heels1785 likes this.
  6. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    always liked barbara

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  8. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    they can have my pirated emeli sande album when they pry it from my cold dead harddrive

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  10. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    wrong trhead

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Compared to the clowns who ran on the GOP ticket in 2012 and continue to be front runners in that party, Bush 43 looks pretty damn good.

I've always said that I'd have a steak and a beer with the guy, even if he never has gotten my vote and never would.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    What do chimpanzees usually eat? I'd watch him eat that while having a beer.

13. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Other than Hillary, my favorite ex-First Lady since Jacqueline Kennedy.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just saw it today, it's about a month old. If I were elected supreme leader tomorrow, there would be some sort of censure for stuff like this. And a citation written for wasting the taxpayer's time. Which we would use to fund healthcare.

Apologies for any nightmares caused.

15. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    It's stuff like that flight controller "fix" that make me embarrassed to be an American. Whenever people with money get affected, changes happen fast. When it's mostly poor people, nothing happens.

To rebut Margaret Thatcher: I don't want the poor to be poorer, I want the rich to be less rich so that they have more connection with the rest of the population. Inequality is a disease, a cancer, and it's eating this country alive.

RC-1991, Rogue_Ten, Juliet316 and 4 others like this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    In the words of Hubert Humphrey, it is the greatest threat to world peace that we have.

I will never understand the utter lack of concern for it among conservatives, much less the outright endorsement of it.

17. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    Because that is what conservatism is. The protection of inequality. It has no other all-encompassing definition.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, go figure.

Let the something something "but...freedom!" something something posts begin.

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I think the upcoming movie Elisium with illustrate this nicely. At the very least the trailer shows it as the ultimate ivory tower. Paradise for the rich, and only for the rich.

What some of the 1% think

On one point I think the mega rich and their politicians are stupid. If they brought the poor up to middle class and helped that middle class thrive they would make more money then they ever dreamed of. So because they are not doing that I think they are truly the stupid people.

One the other hand they may well be aware of that but don't care and would rather just subjugate the middle class into the realms of the poor because they just like th eidea. In this case they are diabolocal.

There is something to be said for dealing with what THEY have set up, and becoming wealthy within THEIR rules. That is literally embodied in Gordon Gekko(Gecko?) in Wall Street. But most people do not want to become empty inside so they can afford a Bugatti.

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Related to that last post, I'll just leave THIS HERE

I'm still absorbing it. I may comment later.

21. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    So Condoleeza Rice is a ****. Good to know.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Disgusting, but I wish I were surprised.

23. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    What is more embarrassing is the right's (and many on the left's) uproar over cancelled White House tours. Gut funding for education, health care for the poor and elderly, soldiers, programs for the poor, the environment, whatever and people cheer that we just cut waste. But cancel public tours of the White House and it's a travesty. The flight controller "fix" is low, but like at least someone - anyone - was substantially affected.

I think narcissistic politics is dangerous (and a large part of what conservatism is founded upon). Matt Yglesias at Slate had a great article on this regarding Rob Portman (i.e., he only came around to gay marriage after his son came out and he realized the effect it could have on someone but was unable to put himself in someone else's shoes prior to that).

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    MSNBC must have been bored today because they picked on Bachmann for misquoting Shakespeare.

I don't like the woman, but that's such a trite thing to call somebody out on (especially when the person has committed much more egregious faux pas in the past)

Jedi_Dajuan likes this.
  25. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yeah, I forgot about that. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.