main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming What was the last videogame you beat?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Siths_Revenge, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have been keeping an eye on things when it comes to Spartan Ops via the wiki, and you aren't the first person I have heard say that about the first half verse the second half of Spartan Ops. I am confident I will probably like Spartan Ops, I just do know for certain yet.

I never got to finish any of Galactic Conquests with or against my brother, only against AIs on PC, but I definitely enjoyed the game. I have it on both PS2 and PC, but I don't like the PS2 version as much as the PC version, especially with mods, though new controllers might help with that.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

Terrible game, only played it cause it was the only Harry Potter game I have never beaten before till onw.

3. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow

Really cool game. Madame Tang is a pain to beat though.

4. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Assassin's Creed 3, I don't play games that much anymore...

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Pretty much this. Tomb Raider was simply spectacular. And not having played any of Nathan Drake's adventures - and I never will - I honestly don't care how much was supposedly "stolen" out of that particular franchise.

6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm a big fan of the Uncharted series, and I've got to say that they don't have as much in common as first seemed by the trailers. Tomb Raider has exploration, RPG elements, the combat is much more stealth-focused. To say it's an Uncharted clone is just ignorant of all the things TR has that Uncharted does not. They just both happen to be action-adventure titles, so they're bound to have similarities.

Life likes this.
  7. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Metroid Fusion. I Wonder when & if a sequel will ever be made...

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Finally got around to getting the last few achievements on Lego Batman 2! I was worried I wouldn't be able to get them all as one is for playing co-op and I have no one to play with, but there's a level you can get it in. 'Core Instability' has you drive around Gotham but you don't control where you go. Plugging in a second controller just adds a second vehicle that sticks next to you. Anyways, I've got all of the achievements now. Now I have four completely completed games.

Life and CaptainRegor like this.
  9. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Finished the campaign for Heart Of The Swarm on Hard. It actually wasn't all that hard for the most part. They definitely catered it towards the casual audience as there didn't seem to be a lot missions that required you to actually build your army through resource collecting.

10. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Assassin's Creed III, I think. I'm about 60% through Tomb Raider right now, so that'll be the next, probably.

11. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Went back and got all the achievements for Lego Batman, Lego Harry Potter 2, and Lego LotR. :cool:

12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Batman Arkham City

13. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Toy Story 2(PS1)

Yeah its old, but childhood nostalgia made me buy it and have it again.

14. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Bioshock: Infinite.

Perfect in some ways, terrible in some others. A great story though.

15. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Just polished off Tomb Raider with 100% completion. I wasn't a Tomb Raider fan in the past, but I really liked this game. The preview material hooked me a few months ago and I am really glad I purchased it. It's unfortunate that with a 100% completion and no real branching story or ways of doing things that there isn't any replay value, but for $10 it was worth it (after two $25 Amazon gift cards). I really liked Lara's character model. She looked like she could be a normal girl and I liked that. Yeah, she was a one-woman army and could take a machete like a champ without any ill effects, but overall it was a good game. I wonder if a sequel is in the works. I'd definitely get it. Really liked the game mechanics.

SithLordDarthRichie and Life like this.
  16. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    bioshock: infinite

amazing story, some aspects that got changed gameplaywise... not too sure what i think in some ways. but you don't play this game for the plasmid/vigors and so forth. no. this is a game you play for the world and story. wowza. that ending was... just play it and see for yourself.

Life likes this.
  17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Mass Effect 3

It's pretty good, a bit too much fetch-and-deliver but it keeps up with the great story and characters established by the previous games. I haven't done all the endings so I don't know how justified all the hate is for them, but the one I did (Destroy) seemed to work well enough overall.
    Then series has always been about characters and the relationships you have with them, there are few better written than in Mass Effect. The fact it makes you care what happens to such characters after 100+ hours of gameplay is credit to the writers and voice actors.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Far Cry 3 - GREAT game

19. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Is it ok if I skipped Bioshock 2?

20. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Spyro 3

Playing Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly now and looking at the atlas there is only 9 areas so I'll probably have beaten it around this time next week. I'm already at Cloud 9 the 5th level out of 9.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea. it really has very little to do with bioshock. it's more the ideas behind the game, i.e. you have an ideology taken to an extreme and you get to see how the world plays out with that happening in a fantastical setting.

22. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    ^
    Thanks for the recommendation - I'll give it a shot soon.

23. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yw. hope you enjoy it.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Spyro 1-3 are amazing.

25. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Yeah but I like the Crash games a lot more.