main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Alleged EpVII Title / leaked info: The Twin Suns

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Valkyrus, Apr 17, 2013.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Lucas has a few good ideas now and then.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    :rolleyes:[face_laugh][face_rofl]

TreborSabreon and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  3. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

Kinda like Blue Harvest.

Leaks will happen but they will be like with the last three in regards to publishing, and the books come out first anyway.

GGrievous likes this.
  4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Star Wars Insider #134 interview with Dave Filoni:

5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Nice quote - shove that into the EU thread. :cool:

6. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    Thanks for the quote. Now here's my take on that. The EU isn't a complete and independent universe separate from the movies. What I read is that the EU doesn't count, it's a well of ideas that gets drawn from when the need arises.

7. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    While I like "The Twin Suns" (just sounds like a good sci-fi title) but I doubt it will be called that. It's just not a Star Wars title. Think about the other titles...
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    Revenge of the Sith
    A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi
    and... The Twin Suns???

It just doesn't seem to fit.

kubricklynch likes this.
  8. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    That's so true.

9. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    It could very well be a fake, or it could very well be an intentional "Fake" ........... either way, its getting people to salivate and its getting people to talk about it.........

10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Unless Twin Suns refer to actually people. Maybe Darth Sidious has a son and the whole ST is based around the son of Anakin battling against the son of Palpatine

11. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Lets get one thing straight "The Twin Suns" as a title is still a million times better than "The Phantom Menace".............

12. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    I think The Phantom Menace is a great title that really sets the tone for the trilogy. I think if anything "A New Hope" is the one that should be criticized for being rather plain.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Interesting stuff in the OP.

Seems like the first list is probably a fake, not sure about the second one. Darth Tano is clearly a CW fan service post to stir up fans of the show. Firstly, no Sith would use their actual name for their title because that's stupid and lame. The point of a title is that it is different to your actual name, Vader was not called Darth Skywalker and the Emperor was not Darth Palpatine.
    Darth Khaaos is a clever name though weirdly done and likely awkward to pronounce. Doesn't sound all that menacing either, but I'd be happy with it if it turns out to be legit.

And "Twin Suns" if it is legit is a working title, like "Blue Harvest". So I wouldn't worry about it being the actual Episode VII title.

14. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I sure hope not. That's even worse than the endless clone Palpatines from the EU.

A New Hope was fine by me when it was just called Star Wars.

When I first saw it, it struck me as kinda 40Kish. Like a portmanteau of Chaos and Khorne, or something.

15. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I actually like "The Phantom Menace" title. It's one of the few good things about the movie.

"A New Hope" is probably my favorite title of the saga. It has the best overall meaning when you watch the movies in order, from Episode I to Episode VI. Episode I, II, and III is just a tragic/dark tale. Then you get to Episode IV about a farm boy who wants nothing more than to get out into the galaxy to have an adventure of his own. When it looks like it's never going to happen, two droids come along and change that. Thus giving the galaxy 'a new hope' and bringing light into the darkness.

If any of the films has a title to be criticized it's "Attack of the Clones". I don't hate it but it's just not a good one. I do like how 1950's sci-fi it is, which is what Lucas was going for.

16. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Thisss

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I would think "Khaaos" is simply an anagram of Ahsoka, and just pronounced "chaos".

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    If it is, it's definitely fake.

If what is left of TCW ever gets released and shows Tano die, such things as this would go away. I look forward to that, though I doubt it will happen.

19. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    I really hope this is fake, because if it isn't, it's like my worst fears realized.

20. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    The "twin suns" title is your worst fears realized?

21. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Not the title, the contents.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  22. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    I wouldn't worry, friend. Looks like a bunch of silliness. There's sure to be plenty more false notes/scripts in the coming months.

23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yes, it would be too allegory. People would not get it's meaning. And I can see some of the people that hated the Prequels knocking the title for years to come.

Although I think it's a good title, I think it's also a little too late since the characters are way too old now and the ST will most assuredly be about the next generation, instead. The title has to be perfect and should intone what the new and younger characters will go through at this time.

24. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Does the "The Phantom Menace" sound remotely like a star wars title ? Attack of the Clones does because Clones are a large part of star wars & At least "The Twin Suns" are of star wars .....if the Phantom Menace is referring to Darth Sidious then it should have been called A Hidden Darkness or something !.........

25. Badger_Legion

Badger_Legion Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2008
    ... yes? Stylistically it seems fully in line with the previous Star Wars titles to me.