main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Two explosions at Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juliet316, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  2. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
  3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Ah it's Gohmert. Don't pay any attention to him.

4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    HOW LONG IS THE MEDIA GOING TO MILK THIS ****ING DEAD COW

Darth Morella and harpuah like this.
  5. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Until it has a corpse to close the book on.

6. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Shut up. I need to see tv footage shot from a helicopter of the white Bronc...the white boat being hauled down the road.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Hell, they've even interviewed the Cabbie that squired the bombers around the day before the blasts at this point.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yeah, it turns out they didn't let him go, he escaped

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  10. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
  11. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    New arrest in Mississippi Ricin case.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I swear take the "send letters containing lethal toxins to political leaders" out of the equation and this whole thing is starting to sound like some redneck soap opera.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    "Misha" has been found in Rhode Island, and he's cooperating with police, doesn't seem to have anything to do with the bombings.
    http://news.providencejournal.com/b...-bombing-investigation-turns-again-to-ri.html

Now they're pursuing a lead with a Canadian boxer who became a jihadist in Chechnya, and may have interacted with Tamerlan Tsarnaev. As well as investigating the mother.

Dzhokhar is also able to speak again, and has been transferred to a medical prison.

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Unless it's just a product of my fertile imagination, I feel like I was getting an unusual amount of dirty looks last week because of being a white guy with a backpack.

Yo I know my **** is da bomb but that doesn't mean my backpack will literally ASPLODE

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Hear's my question: If the Russian Govt. was so concerned about Tamerlan Tsarnaev, then why the hell didn't they hand over to the FBI the recording they had about him and his mother discussing Jihad? Even if it was vague, it may have at least promoted further investigation than what actually happened when the Russians asked the US to investigate him.

16. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    Bill Maher's latest episode was filled with a large portion talking about how this Boston event was some of the most uninformed media coverage weve ever seen in this country.. I brought this up the day of the marathon as well..

Not only was the media spitting out false information but also U.S. congressman were doing the same.. Sure they were mostly hillbilly ***& kicking GOPs but nonetheless this event showed how far our news media has fallen in this country...

17. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I remember you doing that.

It was literally just after you'd been criticised for parroting BS from a sub-Murdoch quality source, then defended yourself with the Maher-style JAQing before attacking the media to divert attention from your embarrassing behaviour.

jp-30 and Juliet316 like this.
  18. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    Yeah not quite.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Nah, I remember it that way, as well...

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    thirding the motion

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I hate how they're revealing where Tamlerlan's body is.

When his remains were in Attleboro yesterday (the funeral home is a few miles from my house, though Attleboro itself is literally 2 houses away) there were protests that almost turned dangerous.

And now they're announcing a change to another funeral home in Worcester. And may announce where he'll be buried!

Why??

22. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Because our news media is terrible.

By letting people know where the funeral is, they hope for people to come and cause problems. When people come and cause problems, they have something to cover.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It's sickening. The family's privacy should be respected, they should find out how it's leaking and stop it.

24. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    just incinerate the damned husk. then nobody can get their hands on it, at least.

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    But see... you contribute to the problem by making these posts. This is the newest (I guess) method of spreading news... by playing on your disgust. People read something, become outraged, share it because they're outraged, others become outraged, share it... and so on, and so on. This is the way Westboro gets publicity. The stronger your negative reaction, the more the news gets spread... it's a genius tactic, really (I guess).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.