main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Kathleen Kennedy makes announcement about spoilers.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by newdawn12, Apr 26, 2013.

1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

I may become more a JJ Abrams fan really quickly if he becomes the only one protecting my spoiler-free existence.

Lee_ and Krueger like this.
  3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Looks like its possible we'll be getting some set pics and stuff. I hope they dont go too insane with it like Mark Webb and that Singer guy are doing for TASM2 and Brokeback Mutants 2 where they are releasing pics every single freaking day and 9/10 of them are not interesting *like a pic of an intern or a wall*. It gets old fast and kind of annoying. I say simply do this: Release like a new pic or video once every month but have it be the classic JJ secret "Time for you fans to interpret and figure it out" pics/video. On the surface appears like nothing but once you figure it out it reveals something important. I just hope they dont go insane and feel like they need to give us something every single freaking day. It becomes overkill IMO.

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Reminds me of the pictures from the AOTC and ROTS sets, which were almost all "time for you to interpret and figure out". I'm too tired to remember the name Lucas used for those "sneak peeks," maybe some other old-school fan will remember.

One of the AOTC ones was Anakin running, but you could barely tell it was him, much less have any idea of the circumstances under which he was running.

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Hyperspace, mark 2 - and we'll eat it up...

And Tracy - All O can say is "Sleepless Knight..." :p=P~

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ninja'd. I was just about to post about that. :p

You've gotten a lot more into Hamill these days so maybe an image will top that one for you; I'm not sure it can be beat for me.

7. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Kathleen Kennedy Select Image #1 - A Blue Twi'lek
    Kathleen Kennedy Select Image #2 - A blurry person running
    Kathleen Kennedy Select Image #3 - Kathleen Kennedy
    Kathleen Kennedy Select Image #4 - A Red Twi'lek
    Kathleen Kennedy Select Image #5 - A distorted view of the inside of the Falcon
    Kathleen Kennedy Select Image #6 - A prop found in the background a deleted scene
    Kathleen Kennedy Select Image #7 - Two grumpy fat extras stand around
    Kathleen Kennedy Select Image #8 - JJ Abrams meeting C-3PO
    Kathleen Kennedy Select Image #9 - A Purple Twi'lek
    Kathleen Kennedy Select Image #10 - A microscopic view of an actual midichlorian

etc

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope it's nothing too revealing. I was way too spoiled for TPM and I certainly don't want to know that much about EP7 because I want the full emotional impact of seeing my heroes back on the screen. Set pics I can handle and am looking forward to them. The first pic of Mark in Jedi robes I'll probably sit and stare at it for longer than I'll ever admit later. :p

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

I adore Mark, he's a sweet, funny guy (and yeah, he has a nice rear view) but Sleepless Knight and all that preceded was sheer poetry!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I kinda want the first official pic to be of the new cast....just to piss fans off cause I almost guarantee you half of the responses will be "But I want to see the old cast not these guys!". Man following the marketing campaign of EP7 is going to be classic. :p

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    As much as I want to see the old cast, I'll be looking forward to seeing the new just as much. I can't wait until we start hearing who these new people will be.

And yes that would be hilarious! [face_laugh]

12. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    It sounds like we'll be getting a steady stream of info once things really get going instead of J.J.'s usual top secret MO. So long as they don't unleash a flood of spoilers I'm OK with this way of handling things.

13. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    It would be amazing to see the fan rage cause I *like you apparantly* am much more interested in seeing new things than just seeing old things over again. I dont want this to be some big giant reunion movie that just wants to be more of the same just to pander to peoples nostalgia. Not a good way to start your trilogy if you are literally just staying in the past and not moving forward. But hey...some people want more of the same whatev. I just really hope the new cast/locations are good so we can keep the new things vs old things war to a minimum.

Darth_Pevra and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    My biggest fear with this is if Disney thinks all they need to do is play off our nostalgia and they'll make us happy. That won't make me happy at all. I'm psyched to see Luke, Han and Leia but I want to see the new heroes take center stage and let this be their story. I have the OT and I love it but I don't need to see a rehash of it. Give me something new any day.

TreborSabreon and Darth_Pevra like this.
  15. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    As long as I get spoilers this is fine by me.

16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I wouldn't go drawing any big conclusions from this. All she said was that she acknowledges SW fans and their desire for information on the movie; she is saying that this is on their radar and in their discussions. I don't think that means any floods of spoilers, IMO this will be splinters of info here and their, nothing huge.

I will be in hiding from all things Star Wars by the time they start coming in, so I'm not worried.

I enjoy discussing this stuff, but not at the expense of my first new SW movie experience in a decade; I can easily come back and discuss it and get all the info after I see Episode 7 for the first time. I want to get the full cast, then I'm out. So it is 6-12 months for me. I think I will try to even hide my eyes from trailers, although that is really going to be hard.

17. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Exactly. I'm soo torn on what I think they'll do. My worst scenario is basicly "They'll pander to the nostalgias and shove the OT cast in our faces as much as possible and ressurect/bring back as many popular PT characters as possible just cause they got no originality and want to "play safe". They already played safe with the writer and director...what would stop them from playing safe with the story? I just hope to GOD they dont make the plot twist something like ressurecting palpatine. Another worry is that they wont know who to market. You can market your new cast *which I reccomend* but risk pissing off fans/audiences by not showing them the OT or you can market mostly the OT but risk the new cast not getting any exposure thus making fans less likely to support them not to mention the possibility of making your franchise come off as "A lame ex-action hero revival movie like those stupid modern stallone/swartzenegger movies" (unlikely but still could happen). Disney is gunna have to make some tough decisions when it comes to who do you put the most emphasis on: The past or the future? Its basicly a Kobayashi Maru (no win scenario)

WatTamborWoo and Darth_Pevra like this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    A chance for the glorious return of Webcam Bicycle Man?!?

19. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    In the modern era of Twitter and Facebook, movie companies are smart to take advantage of promotional opportunities during production. Why let third parties benefit from leaks when you can do it yourself in a controlled fashion?

I want my spoilers! :D

DarthKreVass likes this.
  20. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Hmm...that was pretty vague, as always.

Who cares about spoilers??? Give me a CAST announcement and I'm happy. :p
    Of course this is not to say that if one of the spoiler pics is Mark Hamill in a Jedi robe, I wouldn't lose my mind with excitement. =P~

21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, but isn't it unlikely that Disney is going to shove their hand into this thing to that degree? In other words, JJ/Kathleen and co. are not likely to do that, so isn't there very little to be concerned about in that way since Disney isn't per se making the movie?

TreborSabreon likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    A nice balance is what I'd like to see for the ST. I don't want the OT cast to just have meaningless cameos but I certainly don't believe they should be the main stars either. I want their roles to be meaningful and help drive the plot but in the end I want to see the new characters take on the mantle and take the initiative to defeat the villains. The last thing I want to see is the new characters reduced to mere side characters tagging along with our old heroes as they once more save the galaxy. I have faith in Arndt/Lucas to pull it off. A little less in J.J. :p

I said Disney but I meant Lucasfilm/Kathleen/J.J. It is not a big fear I have but it is there. I definitely remain optimistic.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  23. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I hope so. A nice balance needs to be found and at least we know one thing....we're going to get some damn epic trailers. JJ knows how to make a good trailer *look at Super 8, the Star Treks, ect*, he knows how to impress an audience. I just hope he finds the balance that satisfies the Ot fans who want nothing more than to see the OT cast again but also satisfies our desire for new things. Very hard task but I guess its too early to tell. But I swear to god if Disney/Lucasfilm/whatever say the OT cast will be the mains/the prime focus then I'm sorry...no amount of nostalgia is enough to make me not get disappointed :(

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Completely agree and I look forward to the next few years as we begin to find out. Should be fun. [face_nail_biting]

25. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    We're all going to go insane and start fighting eachother. We're basicly going to become the Trekkies when it comes to Abrams. Some love him and thank him for reviving a dead franchise *not saying Star wars is dead* while others hating him for making a film that isnt how they would have imagined it *which is inevitable because we all have our vision on how the sequel trilogy should be either based on our own ideas or the EU*. Its going to be INSANE! INSANE I TELL YOU!