main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC It´s a Trap! Episode VII OOC/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SirakRomar, Apr 5, 2013.

1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Here I can give you some writing examples of what you can and cannot do as a player:

2. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Haha, love that. Thanks, it's perfect sense. Interact with the environment painted around you, but not feel you can steal the brush and re paint it as you wish for your gain.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Jedi General Gelderd: While questions regarding Sirak's specific allowances are okay for this thread, I would suggest restricting inquiries for general advice to one of our broader threads on the topic, in particular RPG Tech Talk.

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    CmdrMitth, thank you for that response to JediGeneral. I feel that he and I are in the same boat; he is new to RPing; I am new to this style of RP.

Jedi General Gelderd likes this.
  5. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Will do Ramza. I think I'm ok now, but will head there in future.

6. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Well, considering we are using this game to get JGG (haha, I got your SHORT! Jgg!) a bit into things, I think it could be useful if those guys reading his posts give a bit of advise. Not that I wanna turn this into a "training ground", but probably give us a bit more room for a few weeks to get newbies on track? Just a very official request :p

I just feel it works. That´s all. So let it work another week or two and then I swear I make sure these halls are OOC only? [face_batting]

Okay, I try to put a bit more pressure behind that smiley.

[face_batting][face_batting][face_batting]

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    CmdrMitth, read though that Can Do and Can't Do example, and have a better idea of where I should have cut short my post.

8. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Haha, thanks Sirak. I'm not going to try do anything with the story, dont worry, I was honestly just thinking out loud so I knew all the rules and allowances. I'm very happy with what my character is being given, and I wouldn't want to be seen as yearning for more control or anything as I'm not.

It's getting very interesting now so can't wait for your updates, and of course any advise anyone wants to give, good or bad, I'll take it. :)

9. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I am not worried. Not at all. I think I just should not leave any misunderstanding about the way these games are played, because it is the ordinary way most games are played and you asked so . . . little liberties are always okay if you feel they make your game better. But that´s probably the thingyou do after you got the basic idea . . . anyway, your posts are great and I have great fun writing for Connor and oson right now. Expect your next step soon with . . . oh I won´t spoil anything.

10. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Aw, thanks Sirak. I understand totally how this game is played, and thanks for clearing up, like you say, little liberties. But a liberty for me I took was taking a glass from a Twi'lek and ignoring an arugment between some Biths! That's as brave as I'll get.

I'm glad you're finding my input good to work with, I'm really looking forward to developing Connor, I've got some good stories for him in my head from what he's been through, and his character is developing more and more in my head so bring it on! :D

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's certainly fine to an extent, I'd just prefer that extremely general questions be directed to more general resource threads, since they can be useful for all new players, rather than just new players that are in this game. Reinventing wheels and all that.

12. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Will do in future Ramza. I'll head out to the General RP Forum next time. Right then enough of my query, let's get back to OCC discussion!

13. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    Speaking of OOC . . . I did not see the Tie Phantom's coming. I thought my character had all the nice toys.

Anyway, I love how layered the story is and yet I got the feeling those "little people" on Naboo might turn out to be more important than we expected them to . . . got this farmboy from Tatooine kinda feeling.

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yes, love the introduction of the TIE Phantoms! Nice nod to the Rebel Assault II video game. I used to play that game all the time when I was a kid! :p

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  15. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Sorry I haven't been able to get a post up...I'm hoping I'll be able to tomorrow...or later today rather, since its past midnight where I am.

16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Tie Phantoms for the win! I always felt that was a huge point (later material that backed up small craft cloaking abilities not withstanding) when I was playing that game due to Empire. Now to have them here gives me warm feelings in my heart. Something I need to allow to disapate before I make my next post obviously. Can't do a proper 'interview' with warm fuzzies ;)

HanSolo29 likes this.
  17. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    I remember sitting in a living room with cookies and playing that game with Claire, long, long ago when I was actually still young and she was even younger! By the Gods! You haven´t forgotten! How nice to see the Phantoms fly again!

18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Hey, I got a question for you SirakRomar, what is the Imperial Palace to you? Originally the Palace is an EU concept and is never seen in any of the movies. So what is it to you? Is it like the EU version? Or is it the Jedi Temple renovated (this would be something Sidious would do imo)? Or something else entirely?

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I used the Ralph McQuarrie picture on purpose. I want it to be what it had originally been intended as . . . it is the center of power of the Empire. Highly secured by perimeter and perimeter of entrance levels, towering over all of Coruscant´s giant buildings. I imagine it a largely empty place. A place from which everything can be accessed,everything can be controlled. It is by all means "the Throne" of the galaxy. The Jedi Temple has already been mentioned beforehand and it is a separate building "servong a seperate purpose" and I imagine it is rather tiny compared to the giant palace which ilds thousands of servants, different courts, dozens of control room, a whole Garnison of Royal Guards, reaearch facilities, communication centers and the oversized giant Throne Room in which aballeus is holding court right now. All in all . . . it is megalomania given form, a giant, bizarre center of power made out of black marble.

Or if you wanna put a more poetic spin on it . . . it is pretty much the dark heart of the Empire.

20. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Okay. Wasn't sure if you had described the place to anyone or not and wanted to know what your take on it was.

21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Feeling kinda ill right now, which makes it tough to write an update. I hope once Aspirin Complex hit´s my system I´ll have one up anyway. Damned, the summer-flu got me and we haven´t even really got summer for it.

22. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Aww, get well soon Sirak! [:D]

23. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I posted what I had, unpolished and raw . . . but an update at least.

24. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Wow, don't be sorry Sirak - you're our GM! I'm pleased you're finding it easy enough to continue writing. Can't wait to continue this...!

25. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Don't worry about it Sirak, get well soon ;)

I just posted as my character. Merely posted his alias that he is using right now, and didn't post the primary title and stuff. Hopefully that isn't confusing in this situation, if it is I can add more to future posts.