main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Kathleen Kennedy makes announcement about spoilers.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by newdawn12, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    While Kathleen Kennedy seemed optimistic about the relationship with fans, it's possible Disney could still feel more restrictive about its copyright. We have yet to see any instances of sites getting shut down or warned about stuff.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's going to be a wild time for sure and it's already starting! :p The PT had the cloners debate and the ST has the Plaggy debate. We already have people bemoaning the death of SW before a single film is released and we have those yelling that Disney is destroying Lucasfilm. I won't be surprised when people start singing Disney raped their childhood. Wild speculation, crazy theories, whining and moaning! It's gonna be great!

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Not to mention the inevitable twist that will infuriate fans *its going to happen I'd like to see JJ NOT try to make some twist..coarse I have a feeling I know what it will be but whatever*. Go on the Star trek boards and its like looking into the future of whats going to happens. Fans complaining over things that to general audiences dont matter like the whole
    John Harrisons identity thing
    and people like me being "Well if its executed well then I dont care" (except if its ressurecting a dead character...then I will care). Totally off topic: If the another one of them "paternity/daddy issues" thing then I hope they be creative about it....and no love triangles. Leave that to twilight crap :p

4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Disney should hire a trust worthy person to keep the masses in line for PR. I suggest this guy...
    [​IMG]

He knows how to keep the masses in line. No way he'd manipulate us, it could hurt his reelection to PR rep for episode VIII. :p

5. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    ....who? I'm assuming your talking about JJ.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  7. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Nope, sorry image source failed for some reason (no hotlinking i guess)... see edit

8. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Oh totally. How can you not trust that face ;)

DarthBreezy likes this.
  9. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Plus with him having a PR job no one would ever speculate that he'll be in episode VII in some capacity... after all he has another job already.;)

We could even have Samual L Jackson join him in this. After all the force demands balance.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope for a healthy dose of spoilers that I won't read, but I'll show them to my friends because I'm evil.

darthtuttle likes this.
  11. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    It's probably a good idea for those that don't want to see spoilers to be very cautious about what sites they go to because there willl always be idiots that will post spoilers just to tick people off. As well as those that will post spoilers because spoilers don't bother them and they don't think about the fact that others might not want to see that info.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'll be torn between wanting to know everything and not wanting to be spoiled at all. It should be quite the quandary.

darthtuttle likes this.
  13. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    My family says I'm weak willed for not being able to wait... I say the force guided my hand to open the link while debating this very quandary. ;):p

TreborSabreon, Darth_Pevra and eht13 like this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You take the quick and easy path. You are an agent of evil. :p

JainaSoloYJK and eht13 like this.
  15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Once you start down the path of reading spoilers, forever will they dominate your destiny.

16. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    But its them who contimplate killing me for peaking... and their fear of me in turn spoiling them that causes them anger.

As long as I accept the future and dont rage I'm no different than Yoda peaking at a force vision. O:)

and no I'm not going to admit to purposly spoiling them just for kicks right after [face_devil]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    I don't want to know anything. I'll watch the first teaser and trailer but that's it. I really hope they don't spoil too much.

18. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    You will see a set pic - one giant green screen.......

19. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I wouldn't mind if they at least tried to keep some stuff secret. But it sounds as though they won't really be very guarded anymore than George was.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've done the "wanting to know everything" route with AOTC and "wanting to know most of it" with ROTS, and that's precisely the reason I'm spoiler-free now.

Darth Chiznuk and eht13 like this.
  21. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Seeing the story unfold before you for the very first time when the actual movie/show is actually on is so much better than going in and watching it for the first time already knowing a lot of what is going to happen. I don't get the people who like to read spoilers.

22. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Maybe Lucas, but that's not how Abrams works.
    [​IMG]

23. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    It's a matter of delay of gratification. You give up a pleasure now for a greater pleasure later. When I see episode VII, I shall enjoy it more than the spoiled. The internet makes it more difficult. I have had the pleasure of seeing ESB without knowing that vader is luke's dad. Many cannot say that. I just cannot take the risk of accidently looking at a spoiler. When I saw

24. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Fixed!

Circular_Logic likes this.
  25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Me too, and as a six year-old kid who believed it was possible that he maybe actually was Luke Skywalker, it blew me away! :)

Spoliers? Well, after the announcement of Episode VII, my very first question was if Luke would feature in the new story in any way. I actively wanted to know for sure if the Big3 were returning (and to think, there's still been no official confirmation), but beyond that, I didn't really care to know all that much else. While the question of who would direct was something I definitely took an interest in, it wasn't keeping me up at night, or anything.

The only other really burning question I have left is whether or not Luke will have the son I so hope that he will, and I suppose that, yes, I would want to know for sure, should it turn out that he does. While I'm absolutely curious about the indentity of the 'big bad,' as far as he or she (and any of the other characters) is concerned, I'm okay with being surprised.

When it comes to casting our new characters, sure, I'm interested, but as long as the actors who are chosen do a good job, I'm not overly anxious about casting. For example, I had the thought that someone like, say, Liam Hemsworth might make for a good choice for Luke's son, but it wouldn't rile me up if another actor landed such a role. Certainly, when it comes to actual, hard-core story spoliers, no thank you.

Kathleen Kennedy's quotes suggest to me that, officially, we may wind up with the same type of "spoilers" (on-set snapshots, web documentaries, and the like) which Lucasfilm supplied during the PT era. Hyperspace subscription, anyone?