main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hypothetical reboot?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sable_Hart, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    In 10 years, when I am supreme overlord of Disney/LFL/the world, would you as an audience be willing to revisit the Clone Wars era picking up immediately from AOTC and continuing until the opening crawl of ROTS?

Paparazzo and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    No.

Sitara and spicer like this.
  3. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Burned out on this era?

Sitara likes this.
  4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    No. It's just fine the way it is. No reboot required.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    No from me as well. The Clone Wars era was fun, but it finished in 2005 with ROTS. It was nicely covered with all the multi-media projects from 2002-2005. All the important and logical(!) stuff were covered. Anything beyond that was pointless and lacked creativity (yes I'm talking about TCW).

Of course it's just my opinion.

6. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    You know, Sable_Hart, I think that this question is kinda being asked way too soon. There's little way most fans would find a reboot appealing while the series is still fresh in their minds. In fact, SW fans in general would be very resistant to the idea of a reboot, considering how vast the universe is and the fact you can tell almost countless amounts of stories in the GFFA; it's a large galaxy after all. And like you said yourself, the whole Clone Wars era has already been covered extensively in the novels, comics, and TCW for the past dozen years...burnout is only natural. Even ten years might not be enough to generate the kind of nostalgia necessary for them to even consider revisiting this era. Not to mention, the retcons and some aspects of the show's 5-year run has left a bitter taste in many fans' mouths. Seems Disney is distancing itself from this era, at least for now...

Now whenever it is that you've decided to take over the world, can you promise that there will be peace? :p

spicer likes this.
  7. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Definitely. I'm just curious whether fans are actually satisfied with the material produced between the two series, like VadersLaMent or if they're burned out on the era like spicer .

Of course.

[​IMG]

:D

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I really like The Clone Wars era however at this point if Disney decided to do their own Clone Wars era series after cancelling TCW and starts over from the beginning it'll honestly just piss me off again that TCW was canceled in the first place. Its to soon. Give it some time and we can revisit it but now lets move on to something else. I would really like to pick back up linear to TCW in The Dark Times.

9. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Considering Lucas was directly involved with TCW and made several of the decisions for the direction of the show there is virtually no chance they will try to redo that era anytime soon. If they did redo it it would probably be after many many many years when there is a completely new fan base around. And then they would only redo it if there were no direct links from TCW to anything Disney makes. For instance if Disney makes any reference at all to Ahsoka in any of their things they put out they will probably never remake the Clone War years.

10. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I think picking up from TPM would be better time to fill. Like the Padawan years of Anakin. That's what I think they should've done instead of "3D Clone Wars".

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Or prior to TPM actually. More Qui-Gon please.

12. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I like Qui-Gon, but the gap between TPM and AotC sounds more interesting to me.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  13. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Both of these eras have a lot of untapped potential for a series...although ultimately not as much as the Dark Times series, which I imagine would be more popular thanks to the Big Brother-esque presence of Darth Vader looming over the galaxy.

The ten-year gap between TPM and AotC can certainly allow us to focus on the immediate aftermath of the revelation that the Sith have returned. Besides the obvious Master-Padawan relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan, there are so many stories and characters in this era. See a disillusioned Dooku depart the Jedi Order, and maybe add Hego Damask and Palpatine as the primary behind-the-scenes villains manipulating Dooku and pulling the strings necessary to get the CIS established and off the ground. You can also bring in Jango Fett and Zam Wesell and show why the former was considered the galaxy's best bounty hunter during that time period. Then of course you can focus on the stories and fates of several Jedi Council Members like Yaddle and Yarael Poof who met their end years before the start of the Clone Wars. Other important Jedi characters like Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura had major stories told in this era as well.

This was not quite as intense as the era after TPM; the Jedi did not yet know of the Sith and Palpatine was still a Senator in Naboo, so he did not yet have time to further foment the seeds of corruption in the Galactic Senate. However, there are plenty of interesting stories to be told, focusing mainly on Qui-Gon, as you've mentioned. Go as far back as when he was a Padawan to Dooku, so that we can see a different side to the Count of Serenno, that of a highly admired Jedi Master. You can touch into his confrontation with his second Padawan, Xanatos, who fell to the Dark Side. We can see Qui-Gon take Obi-Wan as his apprentice and their Master-Padawan relationship. What I would most want to see of this era, though, would be the rise of Darth Sidious and his master, Darth Plagueis, as they work together to manipulate the galaxy's political landscape and further cloud the Force with the Dark Side. An animated adaptation of some parts of Darth Plagueis would be incredible.

These are of course hypothetical ideas, and I imagine that in order of likelihood of having an animated series is as follows:

1. Time-frame between RotJ and Episode VII (perhaps the intervening periods between movies as well)
    2. Dark Times
    3. Between TPM and AotC
    4. Period within 100 years prior to TPM
    5. Old Republic era or any other ancient era thousands of years before the films

*The last 3 are probably roughly the same in likelihood, I am pretty certain Disney will settle for either #1 or #2.

QuangoFett and Original Oatmeal like this.
  14. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I'm not sure making a television show based in a time period that does not have any of the characters that are in the movies (such as the Old Republic years) would be such a great idea. The die hard fans (such as the people who talk on star wars messageboards) would like it but I am not sure it would hold the mass appeal to make it a successful product for t.v. I think a television show needs to be based around characters/and or in a time period that have already been introduced to people in the movies.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  15. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I don't think they would reboot it at all.

Though the possibility of a few mini series based solely in between pt and ot could be interesting. Heck if they decided to do a Jedi Padawan adventures kind of thing and take different Jedi and do story arcs on how they rise to the Jedi they were that could be neat.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I could see mini series taking place within the TCW period at some point in the future. It does seem like there are other subjects and characters who could be followed to give the period even more mileage. It would still just tick me off to do something else with it so soon after TCW. Give it a little time and do something else.

17. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I would be against a reboot. I love what Filoni and Lucas made with TCW, it is perfect for me so I don't want a reboot of it.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Continue TCW where it left off instead of starting a new series. Or cover between Ep. I and Ep. II instead.

19. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    How about a show for what happens between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi?

20. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013
    Anakin Skywalker is my favorite character in the Clone Wars. What is most interesting is that hero Skywalker will change his religion in the next film, in just a few years, he will change time zones, he will switch colors from white to back, to the dark side of the force. You get to see the protagonist right before he becomes the antagonist.

Likewise a show about what happens between the Empire Strikes Back and the Return of the Jedi would focus on Anakin Skywalker again, but this time he is the antagonist. It would show you Darth Vader before he goes back to the light side in the next film. What makes the TCW interesting with Anakin's fall would also make this NEW show interesting in seeing Anakin's rise..... in seeing Vader before he becomes good again.

We see Anakin struggle in TCW.

I want to see older Anakin struggle before he goes back onto the good side.

Plus, we can see Luke Skywalker and no Han Solo.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  21. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Sounds like the era described in the Shadows of the Empire novel, where the Falleen leader of the Black Sun, Xizor, attempts to supplant Vader for the Emperor's favor and target Luke Skywalker in a nefarious plot. It's only a one-year period, though, and the entire Shadows of the Empire multimedia project covered what I think are the most important plot points leading up to RotJ. I really don't think there's enough unique material to make any show around this era, particularly one that doesn't overlap heavily with the already established EU, so I put the likelihood at < 1%.

spicer likes this.
  22. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013

i would ditch the shadows and come up with new things that would happen then

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Shadows of the Empire was a fun game. I gotta find my N64 now.

24. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I doubt we'll leave the Clone Wars era forever. The question is really more of a when than an if the Clone Wars will be explored again. When it does happen, I'd like more stories that deal with Rex, Fives, Ahsoka, Cad Bane, and all the rest of The Clone Wars characters that have become fan favorites over the years. Ahsoka should be less of a weakling than she was in TCW and Anakin should be like his TCW-self. The Confederacy should be developed more and corruption of the Senate explored as well like it was in Darth Plagueis.Character arcs from TCW that were unfortunately left unfinished will have to be resolved and Anakin must Force-kick Clovis in the balls at least once in the reboot. Oh, and more Sidious action.

Finally, factions such as the Sun Guard, Maladians, and People's Inquest should make their debut in the era. They just have too much potential, especially during the Clone Wars, which affects pretty much the entire galaxy. I want to see the Sun Guard rise in power during the Clone Wars, eventually allying themselves with the Empire. The Maladians must surely take advantage of a time as ripe as the Clone Wars, where both superpowers, the Republic and the Seperatists, are probably very willing to shell out credits to assassinate politicians that go against their government's interest, enemy commanders that have scored victory after victory against them, and in the Confederacy's case, Jedi. The People's Inquest could serve as the leading group of the anti-Jedi movement. Perhaps the growth of such sentiment will also be explored? Planets and factions from the future movies of the Saga should appear, at least as cameos.

QuangoFett and Sable_Hart like this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes. By a writer who is able to separate him or herself from his or her favorite characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.