main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Oh yeah, you've gotta take them at some point if possible. Magic Kingdom is always good, and make sure you include Disney's Hollywood Studios so you can go to Star Tours. It has multiple story possibilities... we went twice and had two different stories. We just did our most recent Disney trip this past spring break.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Star Tours is cool. I've seen three storylines myself. I guess Disney is something the kids should do once. I usually just tell folks who visit FL to just go to the beach though. =b

When it comes to theme parks I like Universal Studios and Busch Gardens Tampa better. When Magic Kingdom brings back Alien Encounter I'll revisit this.

3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Where is my bonus stolen content?!

4. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I know how you feel. I've grown increasingly bored with this forum after TCW's end(and disappointed by the absence of the Sun Guard in the series). It was my main motive for visiting the forum to begin with. There's the Episode VII subforum, but all the topics are essentially endless speculation with barely any news. However, considering the fact that we've got a new upcoming animated series with Filoni involved as well as a new trilogy coupled with several spinoff films, I'd say we still have a lot to look forward to.

rumblewagon likes this.
  5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    We just need more news to go in circles about.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Yeah, this dearth of news since the bonus content was announced has left this forum fairly lifeless... But I'm sure once we receive something official that we'll all jump on it like a pack of ravenous, rabid hyenas. :D Those who haven't succumbed to the lack of activity here and left will undoubtedly leap at any bone thrown towards them...I guess that includes us!

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Actually thats kinda how it worked when new seasons were on. The folks involved with TCW would throw us some scraps and maybe a trailer. Then we'd pretty much go in circled discussing every part of it to death until the next thing came or the new season finally came on.

And I'm sad now... way to go...

8. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Sorry Seerow...:(

Sigh, it looks like it will be one long offseason.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The sun will rise...

10. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Unless it explodes and destroys the earth...

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    It's a lion king reference. :rolleyes:

Seerow likes this.
  12. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I'm aware....

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I should be dead and gone long before the sun explodes.

14. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Disney has a deal with Netflix, right? What if the bonus content becomes a Netflix exclusive premiere? I'd love it if 3-4 story arcs appeared in one day on Netflix!

I know, might not happen, but I needs me my Clone Wars!

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I think Disney should turn the last few arcs into a musical. And then release them on Netflix.

Actually no I don't want that.

Actually maybe I do. Maybe it would be worth all the cringing just to hear ol' Admiral Trench belt out a tune. Disney villains always have the best songs. And Trench is... a Disney villain now? I guess? Technically? Wow that's a weird thought.

16. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Now I'm imagining Talzin singing "Mother Knows Best" from Tangled. THANKS A LOT.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Disney also is a part owner of Hulu which would make it a prime method to release this Bonus Content. Hulu is looking for original and exclusive content much like Netflix has.

18. Sally_Mothma

Sally_Mothma Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    A Netflix release would be interesting. I'm still hoping for DVD's though!

19. Ahsoka_SkyGal

Ahsoka_SkyGal Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2010
  20. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    [​IMG] So Huyang is definitivly from the SWTOR era? (the ship had old republic symbol as well)

21. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    At least.

He actually said he's taught for one thousand generations, so that would place his history all the way back to the "Dawn of the Jedi" era!

Still, cool to see a reference to him.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Voted, thank you for posting this.

This is a really cool droid design. I liked Huyang's modesty.=b

23. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Ahhh, the Gree droids. These guys are so much fun ... okay, so the model is not Gree-droid excusive, but the first time I had seen it in SWTOR was in the Gree 'embassy' on Coruscant.

24. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    So I was just wondering how everyone feels about the 4-episode arc format in retrospect? Personally, I feel they tended to overuse it. While I loved Fugitive, Rako Hardeen, Shadow Conspiracy and Umbara, I felt the use of the format was actually detrimental to Onderon, the Droid arc, and to some extent: Young Jedi. Part of the appeal of Clone Wars was its galaxy-spanning storytelling, and it was sometimes easy to get setting-fatigue after being stuck on the same planet week after week.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Four-episode arcs were part of why the show continued on the downhill spiral that began in season 3 with the Ahsoka Can Do No Wrong bad character writing. As you said, it was overused and really messed up a strong aspect of seasons 1 and 2, the opportunity to focus on "secondary" Jedi who did not get much screen time in the movies.

The droid storyline might have been decent if it had only been one episode. It would have been a weird R2-centric episode and if it had used one plotline of Missing in Action, it would have shown Anakin's attachment to objects in addition to people.

As a four-episode arc, however, I needed brain bleach almost as badly as I needed it after Mortis and Shades of Reason.

Rako Hardeen and Fugitive needed a couple of episodes, but I'm not sure even they needed four.