main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What Single Movie Was The Greatest Collective Disappointment ?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Blue_Jedi33, Apr 27, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree, it was awful.

But I answered your question in the second half of the sentence.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    the fifth element is awesome. i thought it was meh too when i was a child, but there came a time when i set aside childish things, morella, and grew into a well-rounded young man. maybe you should follow my example

3. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    If it weren't for the "multipass" jokes and memes it would have been awful. At least it gave us something.

4. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    The fifth element was just different enough not to be bad, but not good enough for a sequel either.

5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    No. The Fifth Element was just bad.

6. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I just don't see how you could have high hopes that they could do SS correctly when they had already messed up so badly with the basic characters of the FF and Doctor Dooooooooooom! as I could only imagine any coming afterwards would also be terrible.

7. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    do not. even. hate.

8. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    The RT audience gave it 84%, many sci-fi movies have done much worse.

Here is one

9. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Napoleon Dynamite.........

That movie is terrible. I call it to the "Emperors New Clothes" of Movies............

10. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    But...there was ONE scene that helped it not be totally intolerable....

Poetry in motion.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Yes indeed. But he's the Silver Surfer! We had never seen him! I was just excited for the technology.

But alas, more god awful storytelling ruined it, and we all left 10 dollars poorer and each with 2 hours of collective exasperation. Jessica Alba couldn't even save it.

12. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Im sorry....I just can't find it funny.....i swear im not trying to be difficult...forgive me, but i just can't get into that movie.....its so terrible........

BootlegVader likes this.
  13. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    JangoMike LOL. To each his own, and I completely agree with you about the rest of the movie.

But...the random old guy shooting the cow in front of terrified children.....I giggle every time. :)

JangoMike likes this.
  14. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    The second and third matrix movies were complete ****.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Hollywood, not content with raping "Infernal Affairs" into a subrate thriller, is remaking Oldboy. Seriously. Unless it's about Oh Dae Su, it's not Oldboy. Idiots.

16. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Isn't that everything? Seeing how she is at best an average actress.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I must also go with Spider-Man 3. Since Raimi's movies began all the talk was "when is Venom going to be in one? We want to see Venom". Then Venom arrived, and he was lame. Under-sized, badly acted, no dual-personality, not even named on screen. So much for Spidey's evil inverted mirror image, he was such a let-down.

That and Indy 4, while I was sceptical in part at the idea of doing one so long after Crusade, the fact they all said they wouldn't do it unless they all agreed on a good screenplay indicated it was being taken seriously. Plus stuff released about the plot suggested it might be pretty good, alas it all fell away. Should have read the warning signs when Shia LaBoeuf was cast.

Bay's Transformer movies deserve a mention, but they were all a disappointment.

So, it's basically the same as TPM :p

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My son turned off Spider-Man 3 about halfway through it, although he loved Spider-Man 1 and 2.

We loved The Amazing Spider-Man though.

Greatest disappointment in recent years? Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. That Children of the Corn/The Stand sequence at the Burrow was ridiculous and had nothing to do with the book.

19. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Poodoo

20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Jurassic Park 2. I've tried to watch it here and there. I just can't sit through it.

The first Hulk flick. The battle with the tanks and such was cool, but the story wrapped around the special effects was one of the worst things I have ever seen.

Godzilla. I wish this could have been like Cloverfield but with far less shaky camera.

When I saw the teasers for The Fifth Element I thought it was going to be a dark, serious space opera of some sort. Instead we got a comcedy romp space opera. I liked it but was a little let down. However, I have rewatched this movie almost as much as any SW film, it grew on me and I love it.

21. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Batman and Robin, unquestionably. There was this discomfiting silence, as we all watched the definitive end of a franchise.

I myself would reexperience this with The Dark Knight Rises, only with a mixture of heavy bewilderment and denial. ("It must be me. Nolan's a genius!")

22. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    They were all bad, but TPM is clearly the worst offender. I'd say they are still amongst the most disappointing movies I've ever seen.

Souderwan likes this.
  23. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Ah yes, perhaps I am still in time to mend my ways and become a well rounded young man, too.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  24. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    LOL! God, what a terrible movie, which is kind a shame. George Clooney could have been an awesome Batman.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Agree with both of these.